Dentistry at UEM, Valencia Watch

Ilyas94
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yes I applied through rohit. I know other people who havnt got the email yet, I got mine on Friday other people got theirs earlier so you will probably be getting one soon. The interview isn't anything major it's just informative. Hope this helps
genius017
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
What are the fees?
im so fresh
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
i just want to ask if the fees stated on the gdc website is correct.

because i can't find it on the UEM website.
mazE12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
heyy guys
i have just found out about university of valencia doing dentistry in england
i was wondering if you could clear a few things up for me cause im pretty confused. answers to any of these questions would be great:

1) is there 2 universitys of valencia? which one is the one that does dentistry? whats the difference between them?
2) what is the entry requirments?
3)when is the application deadline?
4) what are the fees? do we get grants/loads as international students?
5)what is the routine with like the start dates/holidays ect? simmilar to england?
6)is there 'student accomodation' so to speak or do you just find yourself a place?

thanks
mazE12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by jp55)
Hey guys,
I'm going to Valencia in September to study Dentistry, in English, at UEM. I'm quite nervous about going abroad and would be good to speak to people in the same position, before we go.

hey have you just started this september? or are you going next september?
Medi
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Dhill94)
For medicine have you considered Malta? It's free tuition for all EU students bt you would be required to sit an entrance exam in biology and chemistry next may. I can send you the syllabus for what you are tested on if you want?
Dhill are you studying in Malta?

I went back to study as a mature student and now am really interested in dentistry. Have you got any info on Malta? From what I've gathered there is no tuition for EU students for medicine/dentistry, and you've mentioned the same. When's the best time to apply. I had a look at their website today, seems 2013 applications are not yet being taken?
HettyWalkiria
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi Guys, I'm also interested in applying to Dentistry for 2013 entry* Im looking at all possibilities right now and i have sent my aplication to Mr. Patel and he will get back to me with news,the big bonus is that Spanish in my third language. Hope that everything goes according to plans. Good luck to everyone. If anyone wish to add me on fb so we could perhaps share infos just search for Hetty Claudino. xx
Medi
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No. I'm studying at UEM in Valencia but did apply to Malta. Malta seems like a great place to study. There is no tuition fees and the number of places they give out to medical applicants is not restricted by the government. I got invited to sit an entrance exam there last year (if you pass you get in) but could not attend as my biology school exam was the same day. Tuition fees are free but from students outside malta they only give out 6 places in their dental school so the competition is intense. You need to have done physics and chemistry (they say biology helps so you probably need to have done that as well considering their are so few places) and they have a few other things which I can not remember off the top of my head. The guy from their said he would email me when admissions opened IN NOVEMBER so I'll let you know when I receive it soon. Financially its something I have to consider as I am usuing a bank loan to cover my costs for this course. Hope this helps a little
Thats been very useful. Thank you.
abzman619
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey guys! How are you guys finding UEM dentistry course? And how is life in Spain like? Really interested to know as I'm applying for next year

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
khalidpatel
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
UEM's brilliant mate, loving life out here. Won't be short of places to go out at night or people to go out with. (My main worry weirdly before the course started because I couldnt bare 5 years of total boredom)

The course itself is okay, has its pro's and cons. Clinics is good and you do that from the 1st week in the 1st semester, but not with actual patients!! The spanish lessons are really good to, with a beginners and intermediate class.

Some of the subjects however I believe are over simple and a waste of time (documentation basically teaches you how to work computers in dentistry how reference etc which I already know) and epidemiology is the most boring lectures ever. But to be fair, its to be expected the work isn't going to be all fun and games.
Sounds interesting. Might apply to UEM. How much are you guys paying for rent n food? And do you take out loans to pay 12,000 euros?

abzman619
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
UEM's brilliant mate, loving life out here. Won't be short of places to go out at night or people to go out with. (My main worry weirdly before the course started because I couldnt bare 5 years of total boredom)

The course itself is okay, has its pro's and cons. Clinics is good and you do that from the 1st week in the 1st semester, but not with actual patients!! The spanish lessons are really good to, with a beginners and intermediate class.

Some of the subjects however I believe are over simple and a waste of time (documentation basically teaches you how to work computers in dentistry how reference etc which I already know) and epidemiology is the most boring lectures ever. But to be fair, its to be expected the work isn't going to be all fun and games.
I guess my only worry is that after graduation Spain or England are no longer in EU. This is the only thing holding me back

abzman619
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by abzman619)
I guess my only worry is that after graduation Spain or England are no longer in EU. This is the only thing holding me back

Haha well either way I've just sent my application form earlier today!!

Dhill94
Report 6 years ago
Haha well either way I've just sent my application form earlier today!!

Good stuff, if you do end up deciding to come here, give me a shout and come over and visit before you start
abzman619
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Good stuff, if you do end up deciding to come here, give me a shout and come over and visit before you start
Thanks man! Yeah will do for sure!

HettyWalkiria
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I was checking the UEM website, and It says that the places for dentistry in Valencia is full, and if you need any information about the degree we i should contact the campus in Madrid. Does that mean only of applicants of 2012 entry? what about the ones that wish to start in september 2013?:confused:
abzman619
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Was given an offer yesterday! feels so weird though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
khalidpatel
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Was given an offer yesterday! feels so weird though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
What feels weird?? You should be happy to get a offer to study dentistry dude and Spain is really nice country!

Posted from TSR Mobile
abzman619
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Oh no I'm very happy! It just feels weird to have a place secured so far away from home.

Posted from TSR Mobile
PC2852
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Sorry to hijack, I'm interested in studying in UEM myself, not Dentistry but other courses that I'm looking at. Can someone link me to the entry requirements to study there? My Spanish isn't 100 percent and it's 2 am right now so I'm exhausted and I can't find it anywhere! Or can someone tell me personally what grades and how many A levels are needed?
Ribzy
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi YasminK6, Thanks you have been working hard on this could you please possibly pass me the tel number, name of person you spoke to in Spain. Or even better possibly email the letter they sent you to confirm this information . I think its really important thanks, Ribzy

(Original post by yasmink6)
I managed to speak to someone from the gdc equivalent in Spain and they have said:

The UEM course is recognised in the EU, EEA and Spain.

Recently the awarding qualiication was changed from the titulo... To grado...

The Univeristy must contact gdc UK to update their records in order for the UEM dental course to be accepted once students have graduated. The Spanish dental authority do Not do this.

I hope that allays anyone's concerns
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Life Sciences; Department of Psychology Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Feb '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Feb '19
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 21 Feb '19

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (238)
59.65%
No (161)
40.35%

Watched Threads