Dentistry at UEM, Valencia Watch

Dhill94
Badges: 0
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Ribzy)
Hi YasminK6, Thanks you have been working hard on this could you please possibly pass me the tel number, name of person you spoke to in Spain. Or even better possibly email the letter they sent you to confirm this information . I think its really important thanks, Ribzy
I currently study here. To get in touch with the british agency for uem, contact Rohit Patel by email ([email protected])
unitedunited2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Does UEM interview or is the application based on the form and the grades?
shahus
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
heyy, im thinking of applying to valencia too...is the application process still open?
also ive done a biomed degree, do i still have to do all the subjects or can i get exemptions from some :P.

thankkssss
Dhill94
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by unitedunited2)
Does UEM interview or is the application based on the form and the grades?
Just the form and grades. Some people spoke with a man Emmanuel Haze via a skype call before admission to the course but I have been told this was not an interview, simply a friendly chat in which he spoke about the course, the university and life in Valencia
Dhill94
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by shahus)
heyy, im thinking of applying to valencia too...is the application process still open?
also ive done a biomed degree, do i still have to do all the subjects or can i get exemptions from some :P.

thankkssss
You'd need to email Rohit Patel but considering I applied in August last year and started just over a month later, if they aren't open they will be likely to re-open for 2013-14 entry at some point.

And no, there are a number of people on the course who have done degrees in different subjects which allows them to validate different subjects. Not only are you automatically awarded the module, you also get money back for it!
unitedunited2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Dhill94)
Just the form and grades. Some people spoke with a man Emmanuel Haze via a skype call before admission to the course but I have been told this was not an interview, simply a friendly chat in which he spoke about the course, the university and life in Valencia
Oh right thanks. How is the course? Are you enjoying life in valencia?
Dhill94
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by unitedunited2)
Oh right thanks. How is the course? Are you enjoying life in valencia?
Hi there,
And yeah the course is good. The one thing I will say about the first semester is that although the level of difficulty of the work is not excessively difficult, there is a lot of work and some in which one would question its relevance to dentistry as a career. So when your studying for such subjects it is frustrating. But there are also very relevant subjects as well, and by the time you reach the second semester the workload is lower and the content is all relevant.

As for VLC as a city, its really nice. For a start temperatures are very seldomly lower than 10 celcius in winter. The nightlife is good with 3 main clubs in which you can go to. And if your not yet 18 you wont have any problems getting into the clubs either. The people on the course are very friendly and I'm 100% sure that if you wanted to come over to see VLC for yourself before making any decision people on the course would be very accomodating.

Hope this helps
Darren
shahus
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Thanks for all the info! I heard the last two years r in spanish..are both the exams and the clinics in spanish??

Posted from TSR Mobile
unitedunited2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by shahus)
Thanks for all the info! I heard the last two years r in spanish..are both the exams and the clinics in spanish??

Posted from TSR Mobile
yeah I heard this and I am also a little worried about its recognition in the UK
CEU2013
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
are you guys serious? who told u your degree is valid in europe, uk, wherever? have you got this in writing? I am studying at CEU Valencia and the degree is NOT valid. GDC does not recognise any of these universities. Authorities have not done anything and are refusing to do so. Be worried about the validity of your degree, I am paying 20,000 euros a year at CEU and Have nothing to gain or lose by telling you this but I am fed up by being consistently lied to. It has been nothing but a scam
shan.h
Report 6 years ago
hi guys i'm also looking to apply to this course and have done some investigating:

Here is the link to the course page at uem valencia in spanish

http://valencia.uem.es/es/grado/grado-odontologia

if you scroll down you can see that it says in spanish '*Grado pendiente de verificación' translated in english this means *degree pending verification.

If you look at the GDC list of of scheduled dentist qualifications from the EEA, grado en odontologia is not listed as one on the qualifications that is valid. Título de Licenciado en Odontología is listed instead.

http://www.gdc-uk.org/Dentalprofessi...0the%20EEA.pdf

i think that it would be best to call the GDC themselves and ask the relevant questions before starting the course.
CEU2013
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
GDC is not accepting CEU or UEM degrees currently, call and find out for yourself if you dont believe me. who was your agent that sent you here?
shan.h
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by sortedguy)
Hi, with the research that you have done are you going to apply to the university?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm going to call GDC tommorrow and find out more information. I really would like to study dentistry and I'm waiting to hear back from Liverpool for graduate entry. UEM was my back up plan.

Does anyone know if the course they offer at prague is accepted by the GDC?

Also I have no idea what you mean by 'who was your agent that sent you here '.
Dhill94
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by shan.h)
I'm going to call GDC tommorrow and find out more information. I really would like to study dentistry and I'm waiting to hear back from Liverpool for graduate entry. UEM was my back up plan.

Does anyone know if the course they offer at prague is accepted by the GDC?

Also I have no idea what you mean by 'who was your agent that sent you here '.
Think this is aimed at those who have already started their studies here like myself. No need to worry
CEU2013
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The agency M & D sends hundres of students across to eastern and western europe to study dentistry and medicine but no one really looked into their spain program. UCH CEU is not accredited, the spanish degree is not valid and they have recently found out about this. do you homework properly and get your confirmation in writing before accepting their offer. dont be fooled into this scam, UEM, UCH CEU, all the same
Dentist2013
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You can check there terms and condition any you will got solution.
shan.h
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by CEU2013)
The agency M & D sends hundres of students across to eastern and western europe to study dentistry and medicine but no one really looked into their spain program. UCH CEU is not accredited, the spanish degree is not valid and they have recently found out about this. do you homework properly and get your confirmation in writing before accepting their offer. dont be fooled into this scam, UEM, UCH CEU, all the same
Just wondering, are you a student at CEU or UEM?
shan.h
Report 6 years ago
I have just called the GDC they have told me that if I am a EEA citizen and the course I'm studying is in the EEA then I can register with the GDC when I graduate HOWEVER this is dependent on whether the spanish GDC recognise the university/degree as a valid dental one. They said the only way I can find this out is to contact the spanish GDC as they only deal with the universities in the UK. I'm not really sure how to do this though and I only speak spanish at a beginner level.
shan.h
Report 6 years ago
Apparently uem is in the process of being accredited....

Posted from TSR Mobile
hmm does any one know how long this will take? I think it's been 6 months already since Dhill94 said he was told it was in the process of being accredited
CEU2013
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Then why don't you leave CEU and save 20,000 euros a year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
No $hit sherlock! Are you working for CEU or M&D and trying to buy your degree? Is that why you're "sorted"
UK universities do not take any students from Spain, period. If they do you sit 1st year.
I've already paid 60,000 euros to CEU and just found out the degree is not valid. Stop smoking pot and realise no other reputable universities would take on CEU's students with what's happened and I'm not going to let my money go to waste here.
Im not a person who is going to apply to an eastern europe uni. You can and good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Life Sciences; Department of Psychology Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Feb '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Feb '19
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 21 Feb '19

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (238)
59.5%
No (162)
40.5%

Watched Threads