The Student Room Group

got a hollister interview but have a very strong feeling that i will not get the job

basically i dont mean to sound negative or anything but they probably wont hire a muslim girl with a headscarf. there was a case where they rejected this girl because she didnt fit the look policy because of her scarf, this was in america btw but do you think i should still go? im desperately in need for a job as i need to start saving..
Reply 1
Yep, you should still go. What do you have to lose by going?

Off topic:
I find it funny that you posted this on the health forum also.
Go and find out. There's no point thinking you won't get the job and deciding not to go because then you would have stopped all of your chances of getting the job. Might as well try :smile:
Reply 3
Still worth a shot..

If they ask in your interview how would you approach a customer, your answer should be:

(in your best American accent and biggest smile)

Hi welcome to Hollister, hope you're having an awesome day - can I help you with anything?
I would imagine that they might guess from your name that you are not a UK native so it wouldn't come as some short of shock to them.

You have nothing to lose and the worst thing that could happen is that you gain experience in doing interviews- which is still a very positive thing for anyone. Go for it, don't hide information if they ask.
Original post by StarsAreFixed
I would imagine that they might guess from your name that you are not a UK native so it wouldn't come as some short of shock to them.

lol not being a UK native doesn't really make firms more likely to assume you'd wear a headscarve. Many Asian girls that I know work in Hollister, but none wear headscarves and are very image conscious.
Ah no but it's not going to be the surprise that someone with a distinctly English name being Muslim would be. That's what I mean really, I know it's not a given or anything.
If you just act like the headscarf isn't a big deal, then it isn't - as in, a big deal for them.
Maybe wear a really simple one to the interview, in a bright fashionable fabric if you can.
yeah if u want the job u should go for it, besides they arent only looking for what you think they are looking for, but also confidnce! :biggrin:
Reply 9
Salam sister,

Not employing just because of religious beliefs is against the law and so you are able to take this case to court if you strongly believe that this is the reason why they aren't Employing you. Inshallah you do get the job anyway, you've got an interview at the the very least, I got nothing :frown: Pray for me sis :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Anonymous
basically i dont mean to sound negative or anything but they probably wont hire a muslim girl with a headscarf. there was a case where they rejected this girl because she didnt fit the look policy because of her scarf, this was in america btw but do you think i should still go? im desperately in need for a job as i need to start saving..

how did it go in the end? I'm interested to know what Hollister's response would be

Quick Reply

Latest