The Student Room Group

A 25-year-old man dies saving children

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by ALazyThracian

“Their mother was understandably upset that this man had had this accident when he had tried to help them.”

Probably doesn't even realise her ignorance and negligence cost a mans life.

Typical.

The male went to the assistance of two children playing in a rubber ring some five metres from the shoreline.

“In doing so he put himself in danger, which sadly resulted in him drowning."

Then again he probably couldn't swim himself or was paralysed, and he is ignorant and I don't care.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by cl_steele
See this is what being British is all about, truly selfless behaviour. words do not describe the respect i have for this man RIP.

According to a number of articles on the incident, such as this one the man in question was a Bulgarian national.

And, incidentally, was joined by one other in going to the childrens' aid.
Reply 22
Top resepect for that man
RIP to that man
Reply 24
The guy's a hero. If only courage like that was more commonplace.

Original post by PimpinisEasy
You're right I am a terrible person, but getting stabbed didn't feature in my schedule for that day....

They were ghetto trash anyway... I am not gonna get involved in their community.

You're heartless and a coward, which isn't bad in itself. Many people are probably cowards, likely even me. The problem is that you seem to think that's a good thing, which is just awful.

Learn to empathise.
Original post by Piprod01
Sometimes it's stupid to involve yourself to try and help others; if you are by yourself and something like this is happening, trying to intervene often escalates the situation and there becomes two victims instead of one. Personally, I'm fairly short and the plenty men and women that could easily overpower me. Not to mention the potential for guns and knives even if I thought I could.

The guy probably should have phoned the police, but your suggestion that he is a guy and therefore he has a duty to act like a white knight and risk his life for the woman (the implication being that women are defenceless, weak and more valuable human beings), is stupid and idiotic.

I agree!

I came across wrong and made it sound like i wanted this man to charge in and kick there a**, but he should of done SOMETHING phoning the police for example would have been a perfect thing but he didn't do anything :confused:
Original post by Vian
The guy's a hero. If only courage like that was more commonplace.

You're heartless and a coward, which isn't bad in itself. Many people are probably cowards, likely even me. The problem is that you seem to think that's a good thing, which is just awful.

Learn to empathise.

It is a good thing. Also why does a woman deserve protection more than a man. On numerous occasions I have seen women acting towards men in a way that deserves a beating, and if the guy delivered one an idiot liek you would join in to help her. Pathetic.
(edited 11 years ago)
See this is what being British is all about, truly selfless behaviour. words do not describe the respect i have for this man RIP.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Reply 28
Original post by ShredMaster
Ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

..?
..?

It was a bit dumb to say "this is what being British is all about".
Reply 30
I'm interested to know what could have happened 5M from the shoreline and why no one helped the man?
Reply 31
Original post by RobertWhite
I'm interested to know what could have happened 5M from the shoreline and why no one helped the man?

5m is further than most people appreciate, and violent riptides beneath the surface are not uncommon. Once caught in them it can be incredibly difficult to fight your way in or out, people going to the man's aid could quite easily not make it anyway near.

The various articles do say that plenty of people were with the man once he was brought back to the beach to try and get him to come round. Let's not turn this into a "nobody could be bothered to try" diatribe. none of us were there, we can only go by the accounts we read, they say people tried to help and then offered help once he was back on the beach.
Reply 32
Original post by AkaJetson
It was a bit dumb to say "this is what being British is all about".

whys that?
whys that?

Because he wasn't British.
Reply 34
They should have like a motorboat on the shore.
Reply 35
Original post by Imposition
It's not being British. It's being human.

RIP to the hero. Putting his life at risk for little children. A truly admirable man.

I'm human. I'd stand and watch.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending