Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello to this forum, sorry about opening this new thread in such a rush however i dont have much time as i have a statistics project in for tomorrow.

I study Pure Mathematics and Statistics and currently am in Top set.

Basically i know how to do it etc. but i need sum1 to help me figure out what it means in relation to my data, if it even does!? i just need extra marks to help my final grade. Spearman's Rank is seen as a difficult working so it will help me.

I am comparing pocket money between different years and sets in my school, for example

Set 1 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4 Set 5 Set 6
    Yr11 17.9 12.6 10.6 12 12 8.9
    Yr10 10.6 8.7 7.1 8.9 9.2 10.2

Ive figured out that the Agreement is 0.242857, this means theres not much correlation, but cud one of you please explain what this means in terms of " Yr11 sets had more etc, less Sprea," im not too sure. PLEASE HELP! tonite if possible.

Cheers in Advance

ReputationRep:
    urm the closer the value is to 1 or -1 then the stronger the correlation, this means how related the data is.

For example a value of 0.1 may be found between the variables of favourite colour and show size, in other words the data is unrelated, little correlation
    Then maybe a value of 0.9 may be found between height and shoe size meaning the data is relative and one variable depends on the other.

hope that helps, if it doesn't nevermind.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.