The Student Room Group

Who do you think is the coolest band ever?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Existentialistic
The Lad

Especially the guy on the right :wink:
Original post by frankieboy
Especially the guy on the right :wink:

I'm glad someone recognises them!
Any band that Travis Barker has ever played with.
Reply 143
Queen duh! Must see We Will Rock You in West End again, now apparently there is an illusion that you can actually see Freddie Mercury, which sounds really cool.

Oh, and Fleetwood Mac were very good, I love 'Go Your Own Way' from Rumours its my favourite.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by chocoholic_x
So you don't feel favourable towards The Raconteurs, The Dead Weather or his new solo album? I don't personally see it as him creating his own legacy, I just think he's so passionate about music that for him, he only wants to create more and more of it. I guess that why I stated him as the most 'cool' in the music world because of the fact he's been in many bands I love whilst maintaining a solo career as well.

I do like the Dead Weather. (Haven't really got into The Raconteurs, whadayou recommend?). Yeah, you're right about his passion and there's no denying his awesomeness. It's just lately It seems he's taking everything so seriously and trying to live up to being so progressive and intelligent as well as being genius musically. Whereas the White Stripes were so spontaneous and pure, it came from the heart and that's why I loved him, he was an honest blues man. :tongue: Maybe my perception of him has just changed because I'm angry at him for changing!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 145
the doors
Reply 146
Original post by frankieboy
I've always thought the Arctic Monkeys were slightly underrated, as it goes... they seem to get a bad rap off a lot of people for some strange reason.

oh their first album is an absolute classic, its brilliant
2nd album was very good too
kinda went downhill after that, but they've retained their coolness at least :tongue:
The Ramones or The Velvet Underground.
Reply 148
Nirvana, Muse, The Cure or Pearl Jam. I guess I'm a grunge girl :biggrin: And I'm 18 - it really annoys me when some people my age (especially chavs) dismiss a song as "oh mah gawd that's well old!" :rolleyes: I've been getting into The Cure and Pearl Jam lately through my lovely boyfriend and his wonderful taste in music :suith:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 149
Red Hot Chili Peppers...they are timeless.
Reply 150
The Smiths
Nirvana :adore:
Reply 152
The Kinks
The Who

Rolling stones should breeze it though.
The Mend- only because ive met them and they were the nicest guys ive ever met.
So friendly and nice and they always chat with their fans, spent hours taking photos, didnt take much money for performing, then when they were performing they spent the majority of the time holding and shaking their fans hands. They always chat with fans on twitter.

And they are amazing at what they do :smile:

despite coming off chavvy they are lovely
Reply 154
The Smiths, without a doubt.

Edit: Oh dear, the neg-monsters are coming :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 155
Original post by AmyJ
The Smiths, without a doubt.

Johnny Marr & Morrissey = coolest song writing partnership ever.
Bob Dylan is pretty darn cool

Has to be The Velvet Underground
Reply 158
Girls Aloud.
Reply 159
Original post by J_Dilla
Johnny Marr & Morrissey = coolest song writing partnership ever.

Absolutely.

Quick Reply

Latest