The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University for the Creative Arts
University for the Creative Arts
Farnham

BA (Hons) Creative Arts for Theatre & Film- UCA Rochester

Hello!

I'm new to The Student Room and it told me to create a new thread- so this is my thread :colondollar:

Going to UCA Rochester This September to study Creative Arts for Theatre& Film. I'm particularly interested in special effects, though really looking forward to trying out a bit of everything. Is anyone else doing this course? and what are you interested in ? or anyone already on this course, any tips and bits you can tell us?:smile:
Reply 1
Heyy, I'll be on this course too. I'm more interested in the scenic painting and props but I'm looking forwards to doing everything really aswell :smile: where are you from? xx
Students on campus at the University for the Creative Arts
University for the Creative Arts
Farnham
Reply 2
I starting that course to in September, Im interested in Costume Design but looking forward to trying everything. I am looking forward to starting :smile:
Reply 3
Ah cool we are not alone :biggrin:

I'm from Hampshire so I'm not too far from home, yourself?

what kind of thing do you aspire to, in a way, like what made you want to do this? any particular film or production?
Reply 4
Hello!

A question for students already doing this course, will I need to be doing much video stuff with my laptop? just determining how much processing power I'm going to need :biggrin:
Reply 5
Hi, I'll be on the course too, I'm interested in props and costume design but I'll give anything a go and I can't wait to start :biggrin:
Reply 6
I'm from runcorn, up North! I'll be a while away from home
I was wondering have any of you applied for the accommodation and if you have, did you hear anything back yet? :confused:
Reply 7
I've applied for accommodation, I had a look today and it says I've had a offer but no information is coming up about it so I'm not too sure whats happening :confused:
Reply 8
Same! I'm so confused by it but I guess we just have to wait for an email?
Reply 9
AH good to know im not the only one- I have just e-mailed the accommodation people, see if they can shed some light on the situation- maybe it only becomes like, active? after results.
Reply 10
I sent them an email too last week but had no reply yet :/
Reply 11
Halls are rather expensive though, for some, former students? is there anything like a 'find a flatmate' day or something so you can find less expensive accommodation?
Reply 12
Not that I know of, but i dont know much, so thats not saying much haha sorrrry
Reply 13
I'm not sure either, it might be worth having a look on the uca facebook page though.
Also I got a accommodation email today and have been offered a place!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 14
I got my email and an offer too :biggrin:
Reply 15
got some questions about the halls for students who have lived in them

1. To double check is there actually a toilet in the en-suit bathroom?
2. What laundry facilities are there?
3. What's the wireless like? like can I stream video on it or would it be better for me to get a private connection?
Sweet! I'll be doing this course too, and although costume design is what I'm looking forward to most, props and animatronics and basically everything looks exciting. :biggrin:

I'm from Woking, Surrey so I haven't got too far to travel from, but I'll be staying in halls. As of yet, I've had no emails about my accommodation details, just one to confirm I have my place there.
Original post by fennell123456
got some questions about the halls for students who have lived in them

1. To double check is there actually a toilet in the en-suit bathroom?
2. What laundry facilities are there?
3. What's the wireless like? like can I stream video on it or would it be better for me to get a private connection?

Yes, there are toilets in the en-suite. :smile:
Reply 18
Hey! To those who study there/know about the course what's your opinion on it? The good and the bad! I am particularly focusing on costume but I love the other elements too! Any info will be so much help :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending