trustmeoff
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hi guys! I graduated from high school last year and I'm planning to sit A'levels next january but I'll be 19. Are there any age limits for sitting A'Levels? Thanks
The Polymath
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by trustmeoff)
Hi guys! I graduated from high school last year and I'm planning to sit A'levels next january but I'll be 19. Are there any age limits for sitting A'Levels? Thanks
Don't think so, I think I remember reading that David Cameron took an Economics A-level to make the press happy, and there are plenty of adults who take them. There's also a guy from the US in my year who will be 19 when he takes his A2's.
trustmeoff
Rep:
?
(Original post by Junaid96)
Don't think so, I think I remember reading that David Cameron took an Economics A-level to make the press happy, and there are plenty of adults who take them. There's also a guy from the US in my year who will be 19 when he takes his A2's.
Oh Thanks I was really worried about that
Origami Bullets
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You can take them at any age, although funding can be an issue if you already have Level 3 qualifications.
trustmeoff
Rep:
?
(Original post by Origami Bullets)
You can take them at any age, although funding can be an issue if you already have Level 3 qualifications.
What's Level 3 Qualifications?
Origami Bullets
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It covers most things that are above GCSE level, but below uni (HNC / HND / Degree) level. Examples include A Levels and BTEC National Diploma Level 3.

In essence, you'll have to speak to your college about funding if you already have qualifications that are above GCSE level.
FO12DY
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/educatio...ed/dg_10039017
sitbywolf
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
There is no age limit to pass A level exams. I've seen an external/private candidate sitting exams, she must have been in her 60s. Never "too old" or too late to learn
llys
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If you were under the age of 19 when you started A-Levels then you should normally be funded = the school / college will pay for your exams.

If you had been over 19 when you started A-Levels you might have had to pay for exam entries yourself (depends a bit on circumstances / school / college).
Add!ction
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm in a situation where, if I don't get into uni this year I want to try again this year. I'd like to take an AS and A2 at the same time to get the full A level in one year. How does this work? Who do I talk to and what steps do I take?
trustmeoff
Rep:
?
you can do both in one year. did you take A'level lectures this year?
TheDefiniteArticle
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Add!ction)
I'm in a situation where, if I don't get into uni this year I want to try again this year. I'd like to take an AS and A2 at the same time to get the full A level in one year. How does this work? Who do I talk to and what steps do I take?
Talk to your school or college, have them enter you for all the exams and go to all the lessons.
Clare~Bear
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You'll be able to do it but you might have to pay. but maybe not if you haven't already got a-levels or equivilent. That's why people can only do three years of 6th form as by the 4th they'd be over 19 and either have some (poor) a-levels or if they'd failed 3 times, the 6th form is unlikely to want them back again.
purplx
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I am 15 right now, and I either want to do IBDP or A-level. I want to know about the age restriction for A level? Can someone please help me out?
999tigger
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by purplx)
I am 15 right now, and I either want to do IBDP or A-level. I want to know about the age restriction for A level? Can someone please help me out?
There arent any. You may need to have the GCSE at a certain grade before some schools will let you enrol.
purplx
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
There arent any. You may need to have the GCSE at a certain grade before some schools will let you enrol.
Thanks a bunch
neupkishor
Report 2 years ago
I am just 15 and can i give examination of AS level?
naddoum
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
There are no age limits for sitting the A levels.I hope this is still relevant!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (163)
59.93%
I don't have everything I need (109)
40.07%

Watched Threads