The Student Room Group

Bedding / decorations for Uni

Was just wondering if anyone knew of any good websites / shops for getting bedding for uni (or just generally)? I love the style they have at the moment at urban outfitters but it is all a bit too expensive and they don't have a huge range of stuff. So any websites with stuff a bit like that would be ace! I love that whole eclectic style, really cosy and colourful. Have tried Ikea and stumbleupon and have tried browsing through etsy too but haven't really had any success. Thanks!
Reply 1
This one was probably my favourite.
Reply 2
Original post by phiddy23
Was just wondering if anyone knew of any good websites / shops for getting bedding for uni (or just generally)? I love the style they have at the moment at urban outfitters but it is all a bit too expensive and they don't have a huge range of stuff. So any websites with stuff a bit like that would be ace! I love that whole eclectic style, really cosy and colourful. Have tried Ikea and stumbleupon and have tried browsing through etsy too but haven't really had any success. Thanks!

Hi, where are you from? I know someone who has a little side business putting together uni-pacs for either bedroom or kitchen. They are hoping to have the business take off bigger soon, but have only just started.

x Jessica x
Reply 3
The Range seem pretty good, and cheap.
I'm guessing you're going into first year, so try and find a picture of the inside of your halls first to see what the colour scheme is like (mine's pale green walls and dark green doors - grim).

Other than that, Primark is a surprisingly good source. Your bedding doesn't need to be particularly good quality, as it only needs to last for a year - after that, you'll move into a shared house, and 95% of the time they have double beds, so you'll need new bedding.
Reply 5
I'm from the Midlands but I'm going to uni in Bristol. Thanks for the replies!
Reply 6

I got my bedding from Wilkinsons- pretty cheap and its done the job nicely
You could always get something cheap from M&S or wherever and dye it blue, purple etc...or tie dye?
Reply 8
Oh yeah tie die is a good idea. I kinda like the aztec style stuff at the moment though, I think that's what I'm looking for, some sort of unique / interesting print. The ones mentioned are good for plain ones but I don't really like any of the prints. I prob wouldn't mind paying a bit extra for an urban outfitters'esque one. Could get it as a small bday prez as I'm turning 19 in July. Hmmmm...
i got mine from www.justlinen.co.uk - they sell fancy bedding at discounted prices. most of it is quite floral/decorative though, not as modern as urban outfitters. :smile:
About the comments above single v double bedding: Check if the halls you are moving into provide duvets/pillows or not (most don't tend to). Mine didn't, so I bought a double duvet last year and double sized bedding. Meant I had an extra cosy duvet on my single bed in halls last year, but also meant I only bought new sheets this year for my double bed, rather than having to buy everything.
Reply 11
Ooh the urban outfitters stuff is so nice!

I'm planning on bringing white duvet set (sort of textured so you can get away with not ironing it :wink:). I've got tons to buy so when I see the colour scheme of my room I'll buy a throw and some cushions to match.

EXCITED.
Reply 12

suvet.co.uk offer the perfect size duvet for a single bed.

Primark is AMAZING right homeware right now - you can also get really good quality bedding that is cheap at Asda. :smile:

Oh and wilkinsons' is pretty good too!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending