Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i am doin my maths coursework!and dont know how to do box and whisker diagrams. i have done a stem and leaf diagram and now need to put that data in a box and whisker plot. please can you tell me in detail if you can how to do it. i have troubl understanding the upper and lower quartile!please could someone just explain how i can construct one. i would be most greatful.! thanku xXx

ReputationRep:
    try this site - http://www.bbc.co.uk/education/asgur...inciples.shtml

it helped my for my statistics coursework

ReputationRep:
    Box and whisker diagrams- Basically you have a line, with the lowest numebr from the sample at one end and the highest at the other end, then, you mark out the lower quartile, the median, and the upper quartile, on the line, and make it into a box.

ReputationRep:
    www.mathsnet.net is really good too!

box and whisker.... the middle line is the median and the edges of each sides are the upper and lower quartiles... and then the lines are the ranges.... either way!!!
    + if you want to get extra marks... the lines should stop at +/-1.5(IQR) [depending on significance!]
    IQR-interquartile range and the results outside are anomalies!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.