The Student Room Group

Media Studies OCR G325 15th June!

Scroll to see replies

Anyone got any clear notes on Genre?
Reply 61
Original post by porcalin123
You need to show examples of your AS or A2, i did a documentary, so my notes may be different to yours? What did you do for your coursework?

oh i did music magazine. for a2 i did music vid . i need help on section a sooo much !
Original post by stuck18
oh i did music magazine. for a2 i did music vid . i need help on section a sooo much !

getrevising.co.uk/resources/section_a_1b_media_language
Here you go :smile: Hope that helps, im struggling myself
Reply 63
getrevising.co.uk/resources/section_a_1b_media_language
Here you go :smile: Hope that helps, im struggling myself

that just confused me. way to complicated lol.
i found this for all the different possibilities : http://mediachs.edublogs.org/13-exam-section-a/

very helpful. let me no if it suits you
Reply 64
Any predictions guys?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Desire
Reply 65
Original post by miss_snm
Any predictions guys?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Desire

I think for Q1a itl be creativity & post production. for 1b itl be media language. and as for section B im doing collective identity and i dont no what ur doing so i cant say
what do u think?
Original post by stuck18
i found this for all the different possibilities : http://mediachs.edublogs.org/13-exam-section-a/

Oww, how did it confuse you?! The link you put actually looks really helpful thankyou!:smile:
Reply 67
Original post by stuck18

Agreed. I haven't come across this site until now, very useful if you're stuck on a specific area.
Do you not understand it too? Or are you on about the website link? Im getting worried now:P
Is media language basically everything in one..
Reply 70
Is media language basically everything in one..

not everything .. u include examples and theorists from Genre and Narrative. Then talk about Semiotics and examples/theorists from there . and also talk about editing your work. then for each of these sections say how it has come accross to the audience.. how the 'media language' was received and if it was the way you wanted it to be received.
hope that makes sense.
Reply 71
Original post by R3cognize
Agreed. I haven't come across this site until now, very useful if you're stuck on a specific area.

yep, im structuring my section A according to how this website has said it. also very helpful for media language cos thats where i seem to be struggling. are u doing collective identity for section b ?
Sounds like post production

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 73
Sounds like post production

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

no. post productions in part a not b
oh right, im getting so confused now with what we are actually supposed to write for media language. We all have different things :s-smilie:
Reply 75
oh right, im getting so confused now with what we are actually supposed to write for media language. We all have different things :s-smilie:

i really hope media language comes up. its such a broad topic. the other 4 are so limited as what we can right -__- . this wait till next friday is so horrible.
Reply 76
i cant seem to understand what we are supposed to write for genre? can someone explain
I want audience but thats not going to happen!
and for a digital technology (not going to happen either)
Reply 78
i want digital technology too
For 1B Genre, it asks questions about conventions, what could you put about whether they were successful and whether we challenged the conventions?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending