The Student Room Group

Really want something inside me but I'm a virgin?

I'm 19 but havent slept with anyone before for various reasons, and I don't want to go and lose my virginity just for the sake of it.

I know how to get myself off but I'm getting bored of doing it the way I usually do, recently I've really wanted to feel something "up there".

I heard however that there's a chance of breaking your hymen if you finger yourself or use a dildo while your still a virgin, and I don't want that to happen till I have sex properly... is that actually true? I dont want to suddenly start bleeding, but Im ending up really frustrated the way I usually do it....
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Depending on a variety of factors, you may not have much of a hymen, but yes, the thicker something going inside you, the more whatever hymen you have is going to be broken or worn down.

You have many more than one virginity and the one you're thinking about here is about having a penis inside your vagina, not whether or not you can hang a bloody sheet outside the window in the morning, in the manner of a Sicilian village. There is also a body of opinion that says you have more chance of enjoying losing that virginity if you have had something inside you first.

Not having a vagina myself :smile: I cannot be sure it is the same, but when it came to experimenting with having something in my anus, I'd tried a finger or two in the bath, then went dildo shopping long before any penis went there. For one thing, you get to choose the size and shape (unlike with organic penises, where the man you're interested in has what ever size they have) and when you're by yourself, you get to control the speed, depth and duration of penetration.

The alternative is finding other ways to masturbate that don't involve any penetration.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm 19 but havent slept with anyone before for various reasons, and I don't want to go and lose my virginity just for the sake of it.

I know how to get myself off but I'm getting bored of doing it the way I usually do, recently I've really wanted to feel something "up there".

I heard however that there's a chance of breaking your hymen if you finger yourself or use a dildo while your still a virgin, and I don't want that to happen till I have sex properly... is that actually true? I dont want to suddenly start bleeding, but Im ending up really frustrated the way I usually do it....

(mods please keep anon or delete as know ppl on here, thanks)

Wow, that was direct. :tongue: (good for you, for being so forward.)

It's fair enough you want to keep your virginity, and save your first time for somebody special :smile:
Maybe you should just slide your finger in there?
Give it a try.
There's a chance your hymens already broken, through sports etc..
So.. You won't know until you try it :wink:

You should go on the Internet (google it) for different techniques to relieve your tension/ frustration X
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
You are a virgin until you have sex with someone: having a hymen does not equal being a virgin. Many girls have broken their hymen before their first sexual experience, but this doesn't mean they aren't virgins. Do whatever feels right for you now - I doubt you'll regret it when you actually have sex.
Agree with jimbo...don't worry about the hymen, if it is broken before your first time then that doesn't mean you're not a virgin! It can be broken anyway by some sports, and not all girls will bleed or noticably 'break' when they lose their virginity anyway. For me, mine broken during the second time I had sex and the blood was minimal!

So go with what you feel like now, and explore...othewise you'll just get sexually frustrated which'll put more pressure on the 'big moment'. You can find vibrators that are designed for clit stuff and for inside you too I believe, or stuff like dildos.

But I get what you mean...as great as clit stuff is, it's just not the same as penetration.
If you're flexible, experiment with auto-cunnilingus
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous

There's always a small hole in the hymen to allow menstrual blood to pass through, and if you've used a tampon before you will have already broken the hymen a little more or if you've done sports like horse riding, gymnastics, etc. I think, personally, losing your virginty is a lot more about an emotional connection rather than a physical act and so I don't really think you can take your own virginity. If you use a dildo you will break your hymen but if you only use fingers you will probably not make the hole any bigger, also the breaking of your hymen is painful and so you will experience pain before it fully breaks and start bleeding. Hope this helps x
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by icy elemental
If you're flexible, experiment with auto-cunnilingus

I want to give this a million thumbs up.
technically you don´t break your hymen (most of the time anyway) you stretch it thats why when girls haven't had sex in a while then it can be painful so regarding this information you can just slide a finger or get a bullet vibrator which are small in length and width, you can also use things like ice cubes (if your up for the challenge ofc) and do what you do to get off normally. hopefully i helped!!
One of my kid has sex promble and she said she wants something up there do you guy have any suggestions.
Original post by ariana12345o
One of my kid has sex promble and she said she wants something up there do you guy have any suggestions.

Where Does she want.how old is she pic the right person.
When does she waunt to put it and how old is she.just picked the writ man.four.her how Big duz she want it?
Swing that snap😏
How did that go

Quick Reply

Latest