Is A Guy Of 5'8 Too Short To Date?? Watch

Poll: Would You Consider Dating a 5'8 Man??
I would have no problem dating a 5'8 man (90)
42.65%
I would prefer to date taller men, but would consider to date a 5'8 man (23)
10.9%
I wouldn't consider to date a 5'8 man under any circumstances (12)
5.69%
I am a guy (86)
40.76%
x-Sophie-x
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm 5'4" and I prefer a guy who is similar in height to me. I'm not particularly attracted to ridiculously tall guys.
But height isn't an issue to me, whether he is shorter or taller than me (:
ct2k7
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by dgeorge)
Being tall certainly is a plus in terms of attraction. However, there are many other factors, and someone who is 5'8 will not be greatly disadvantaged. Sure, most women would LIKE a tall man, but they are willing to trade off for other qualities, just like anything else
It's when the guy gets lower, i.e < 5'5" that women arm, well, yeah.
Aisha~~
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Being tall certainly is a plus in terms of attraction. However, there are many other factors, and someone who is 5'8 will not be greatly disadvantaged. Sure, most women would LIKE a tall man, but they are willing to trade off for other qualities, just like anything else
So you're saying women have no real preference of the physicality of a man?
dgeorge
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Aisha~~)
So you're saying women have no real preference of the physicality of a man?
Sorry, but this seems a bit of a daft question when the very first line of what you quoted from me addresses this.
Aisha~~
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Sorry, but this seems a bit of a daft question when the very first line of what you quoted from me addresses this.
If they are willing to trade any of their preferences off, they have no absolute standard for any quality. They are all variable.
dgeorge
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If they are willing to trade any of their preferences off, they have no absolute standard for any quality. They are all variable.
What do you mean?
Aisha~~
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
What do you mean?
According to you, a woman would be happy to trade off intelligence for another attribute. Or confidence for a physical trait. They have no standard that cannot be substituted for something else.
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm 5'4" so I'd have no problem at all with somebody who is 5'8".
dgeorge
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
According to you, a woman would be happy to trade off intelligence for another attribute. Or confidence for a physical trait. They have no standard that cannot be substituted for something else.
They sometimes can be "traded" but it's not usually a hard and fast rule. I mean, some would and some wouldn't.
Bear_Grylls
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ct2k7)
So what, a taller girl is not allowed to go out with a shorter guy?
Leave the taller to me...and ill save a few of tthe short girls for the other short guys..

okey/
ct2k7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Bear_Grylls)
Leave the taller to me...and ill save a few of tthe short girls for the other short guys..

okey/
Not ok.
Bear_Grylls
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ct2k7)
Not ok.
Its very ok,

Dont be a hater
ct2k7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Its very ok,

Dont be a hater
Not a hater lol.

I'm not insecure about my height though - I have a tall girlfriend. Lost my virginity to a tall girlfriend. Oh, and I know on a tall girl who has a crush on me, but I'm not going to do anything because I'm in a relationship with my lover.

Did I mention that I'm 5'2" and proud? I'm unique Actually, I love being this height for a lot of reasons :/
Bear_Grylls
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ct2k7)
Not a hater lol.

I'm not insecure about my height though - I have a tall girlfriend. Lost my virginity to a tall girlfriend. Oh, and I know on a tall girl who has a crush on me, but I'm not going to do anything because I'm in a relationship with my lover.

Did I mention that I'm 5'2" and proud? I'm unique Actually, I love being this height for a lot of reasons :/
Ahha, ok cool, fair play to you,

Just dont be do greedy and get all the tall girls into you, i need some to:cool:
ct2k7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ahha, ok cool, fair play to you,

Just dont be do greedy and get all the tall girls into you, i need some to:cool:
Heheh - there's plenty of tall girls who don't want me - fair play to them if they can't handle a guy that's smaller than them
lizlaz350
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
5'8 is fine. I'm only just 5'2 so it's still taller than me, but not so tall that you'd be towering over me like a giant. It's all good.
scaredofexams
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I am a 5ft3 female and I would happily date a 5ft8 male. Remember that there are shorter girls too it is the stereotype that women like tall men, but I find that standing next to a
Man they are too tall against me.
Sharpshooter
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by scaredofexams)
I am a 5ft3 female and I would happily date a 5ft8 male. Remember that there are shorter girls too it is the stereotype that women like tall men, but I find that standing next to a
Man they are too tall against me.
Yeah but shorter girls prefer taller guys too don't they? :cool:

No, average is around 5'9 for the UK
It's probably closer to 5'10 in fairness, something like 5'9 3/4. But I don't buy the hype that its increasing rapidly.
MissEmerald
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm 5ft 2in but I'm 13 years old so...
memifer
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No problems with this...my fiance is 5' 7.5", I'm 5'8"...I just mostly wear flats now
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 2 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (449)
18.96%
The paper was reasonable (1105)
46.66%
Not feeling great about that exam... (520)
21.96%
It was TERRIBLE (294)
12.42%

Watched Threads