The Student Room Group

PY2 WJEC 29 May

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chriswhjay
Yeah inclined to agree. Although I ****ed up section C so bad! I didn't even know what quota sampling was so i had a stab and i don't know. I know I did well on my Section A and B, but at worst I reckon its about 10/18 for section C! Hopefully enough to get an A :frown:

Original post by Jbushell2
LOL!! You're not the only one... i answered them all then got to that and looked and thought... what... the ... frigola... is that!?! i do sociology aswell so i should know this! nope... loool i ended up crossing everything out and doing question 8. i think it went alright tbf, i hadn't had a lesson since 2009 so i think i did good considering ^_^

Did any of you put this for QF

People are more happier when they live with company, and happier with people they're familiar with?
Reply 21
Original post by Miracle Day
Did any of you put this for QF

People are more happier when they live with company, and happier with people they're familiar with?

yeah I put something similar to that, but I did use the numerical data, like I said that elderly living with family is 1.6 more happier than those living by themselves
Original post by Monzystar
yeah I put something similar to that, but I did use the numerical data, like I said that elderly living with family is 1.6 more happier than those living by themselves

Same xD What did you put for relyability?
Reply 23
ahhh! cant remember...I think I said that it i not reliable due to demand characteristics as the researcher can influence the participant to score a higher score regarding their happiness, to overcome this the researcher needs to test re-test in order to find it consistency of the happiness score.

what do you think of that?
ahhh! cant remember...I think I said that it i not reliable due to demand characteristics as the researcher can influence the participant to score a higher score regarding their happiness, to overcome this the researcher needs to test re-test in order to find it consistency of the happiness score.

what do you think of that?

I'm pretty sure that's validity.. And repeating isn't a valid reason for reliability according to the examiners reports.
Reply 25
shoot! what did you write
Reply 26
am I gonna fail now :frown:
shoot! what did you write

I can't remember.. :colondollar: I put 2 answers down for it so hopefully one is right.

Yes you are going to fail now, sorry.
Reply 28
well its only three marks, should be too bad!! nothings gonna stop me from getting that A!
well its only three marks, should be too bad!! nothings gonna stop me from getting that A!

So why be so dramatic ..
Reply 30
So why be so dramatic ..

say... what did you get for PY1?
am I gonna fail now :frown:

You're not going to fail because you confused reliability with researcher bias/demand characteristics and your other reason wasn't strong enough (I spoke about replicability in the exam and still got an A so I wouldn't worry too much :wink: ) unless the rest of your paper was terrible and that question was the decider between an E or an F (or a C and a D depending on your definition of fail)
Reply 32
Original post by madders94
You're not going to fail because you confused reliability with researcher bias/demand characteristics and your other reason wasn't strong enough (I spoke about replicability in the exam and still got an A so I wouldn't worry too much :wink: ) unless the rest of your paper was terrible and that question was the decider between an E or an F (or a C and a D depending on your definition of fail)

nah my work usually is up to high standard. for section A i must a min get 10 for each question, I'd defo get 12/12 for methodology questions. I could still get and A cuz you need to get 57/90 to get an A. :smile:
nah my work usually is up to high standard. for section A i must a min get 10 for each question, I'd defo get 12/12 for methodology questions. I could still get and A cuz you need to get 57/90 to get an A. :smile:

Exactly, so don't worry about it :smile: most people seem to come out and dissect how they did and convince themselves they've failed miserably and then it turns out they've done well.
Reply 34
Original post by madders94
Exactly, so don't worry about it :smile: most people seem to come out and dissect how they did and convince themselves they've failed miserably and then it turns out they've done well.

not too worried any more. just a shame that I messed up the reliability part.
say... what did you get for PY1?

42/60
Reply 36
42/60

cool, I got 47/60 :smile:
cool, I got 47/60 :smile:

Bare in mind I never answered question 3 due to time constraints.>.< Weird because I finished PY2 in 2/3 of the time. Wish I could've given my time left over in PY2 to PY1 -.-
Reply 38
Bare in mind I never answered question 3 due to time constraints.>.< Weird because I finished PY2 in 2/3 of the time. Wish I could've given my time left over in PY2 to PY1 -.-

aww bless ya, I tend to finish early. for PY2 i started to panic as I thought I was running over time, when in fact it I wasn't! so I finished 15min early, wondering why we weren't dismissed! :tongue:
aww bless ya, I tend to finish early. for PY2 i started to panic as I thought I was running over time, when in fact it I wasn't! so I finished 15min early, wondering why we weren't dismissed! :tongue:

Our teacher said she'd never seen so many people leave an exam so early for PY2!

While everyone was leaving I paniced thinking I was running out of time even though I had ages left

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending