?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Last edited by Janusz Kowalcyzk; 3 months ago
Chiringuito
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It totally depends what you're interested in. I did Higher Biology because That was all my school offered but I definitely would've preferred to do Higher Human because the course sounds a lot more interesting and relevant to my current degree.

My friend did Higher Biology having never done SG or Int2 and she didn't have a problem and got an A in the end.

Yes, I know several people who went from Higher Human to AH Bio with not much difficulty.
kerrydouglas
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I agree with Chiringuito. I take Human Biology because that's all they have in my school. It's definitely better for if you don't have an Int2 or SG background since you don't need the knowledge of plants and stuff. It's a really interesting course, especially unit 3 which looks at the brain, behaviour and how humans are affecting the planet. I presume it's fine to go into AH from Human since my school offer it and are always getting mostly A & B result. Good luck with whatever you pick! If you decide on Human then drop me a PM if you need any help
deedee123
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think higher biology is generally preferred by universities due to its wider variety of topics, I think human biology is supposed to be easier. It's still better to get an A in human than a B in regular though, but you should be fine for the regular-there is virtually no background knowledge used bar one tiny bit about the kidney.
badumdumtscht
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If you want to do anything medical/human biology/pathology/biomolecular/psychology at uni do human biology. It will help you a lot. Trust me. Although biology itself is wider you'll end up learning about irrelevant plant stuff that nobody cares about.
X
Back
to top

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate