The Student Room Group

Geography G2 ( WJEC)

Any predictions for questions? Seems consequences of asylum seekers hasn't come up since May 2009...
Reply 1
I hope it's not asylum seekers I hate that topic....
Perceptions of rurality have also not been seen since 2009 so maybe that's something that could sneak in
For question 3, it would be hilarious if it was 'outline the main conclusions' as that has come in the last three for physical and human now
how did people find it ?? i thought G1 was easier
i thought it was quite easy...i wasnt sure on the migration question whether to wirte about host or source country but i did both anyway
Reply 4
I didn't like the ghetto question at all. I didn't even know the meaning of it so everything I wrote was a load of nonsense. Maximum 4/10 on that :/
Haha I didn't realise until the final five minutes that the last question wanted us to suggest ways to overcome the limitations and that we had to justify our part b
Reply 5
I didnt like the ghetto question either! all my teacher did about ghettos was the definition and to google pictures of them so i had no idea what to put ao i put how they want to be near people who are like them, i just wrote about the host country for the migration question, but other than the ghetto question i thought it was all alright
Reply 6
Original post by hornet_56
I didn't like the ghetto question at all. I didn't even know the meaning of it so everything I wrote was a load of nonsense. Maximum 4/10 on that :/
Haha I didn't realise until the final five minutes that the last question wanted us to suggest ways to overcome the limitations and that we had to justify our part b

OMG same....as soon as ghettos came up I was like WHAT?! SO I wrote an example is at Cardiff where disruption is caused to local people.... probably only got 4 marks (1 for example) (2 or 3 for reason)

But I hope I have some marks seeing as I wrote 7 pages

I thought G1 was easier...all my friends are saying it was fine...we will see..
Reply 7
Original post by Snowmadsam
OMG same....as soon as ghettos came up I was like WHAT?! SO I wrote an example is at Cardiff where disruption is caused to local people.... probably only got 4 marks (1 for example) (2 or 3 for reason)

But I hope I have some marks seeing as I wrote 7 pages

I thought G1 was easier...all my friends are saying it was fine...we will see..

I didnt really put an example because I couldnt think of the majority race, but i said how people tend to live near people who live near them and people who migrate can only afford cheap housing and the area becomes deprive but out teacher literally told us nothing, 7 pages on one question? or the whole thing?
I found them pretty equal because I didnt like 3b on G1 either
Hey Guys, yeah the Ghetto question was the only one that threw me a bit off-guard but apart from that I think it went well (tbh, I only need 50/75 to get an A)
Reply 9
What are typical gradeboundaries for G1 and G2, ive tried looking but WJEC seems to have a rubbish website with nothing usefull on it at all :smile:
Reply 10
Typical boundaries are normally 80 for an A 70 for a B 60 for a C :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by frenchgeek
Typical boundaries are normally 80 for an A 70 for a B 60 for a C :smile:

But its out of 75? I meant raw mark not UMS
Reply 12
Ah right, I don't know. It changes every year.
Original post by TheGenuineLad
Hey Guys, yeah the Ghetto question was the only one that threw me a bit off-guard but apart from that I think it went well (tbh, I only need 50/75 to get an A)

How do you know what you needs for an A? is it always 50? :smile:
Reply 14
It's usually about 50, that's what it was last year. I think it changes each year but it's usually around that :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending