The Pill and 7 days break Watch

ZJA.Anon
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm on my 7 day break now and I'm due to start taking the pill again on Monday however I don't think my period will stop by then. Do I wait till my period stops or continue taking the pill as of Monday? If I do that, what will happen to my period?
CatRox
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ZJA.Anon)
I'm on my 7 day break now and I'm due to start taking the pill again on Monday however I don't think my period will stop by then. Do I wait till my period stops or continue taking the pill as of Monday? If I do that, what will happen to my period?
No, don't wait til your period stops, start taking them on Monday. Your period might stop a little sooner. If you wait rather than taking your pill on Monday, you risk ovulating.
Leah.buckley123
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm on levest and its my first month taking it. I started it on the 5th day of my period and was told I didn't have to wait a week for it to kick in. I've taken all my pills on time apart from one which was a couple of hours later. But now I'm on my break and have no bleed yet.. Could I be pregnant...

Also I had my last pill on a Friday so do I take my next one on a Friday or the Saturday?
Jearier
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Has anyone had an unplanned pregnancy in those 7 days?
Shaneldd
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I took my last pill on the Tuesday and it's now Sunday and I still haven't came on my period. Is this normal or am I pregnant?! I'm scared because this is now the 4th day and I still haven't came on my period.
Anonymous #4
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Shaneldd)
I took my last pill on the Tuesday and it's now Sunday and I still haven't came on my period. Is this normal or am I pregnant?! I'm scared because this is now the 4th day and I still haven't came on my period.

Firstly don't panic. Is this your first period on the pill? When I take my last pill my period usually comes like 4/5 days after, have you been experiencing any period cramps or anything? I usually do experience some and hats how I know I'm not pregnant lol. If you're really concerned perhaps go to your local clinic or get a pregnancy test? I'm sure your period will start soon though
Jodsminaj
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi just wanted to ask if you used the 21 day pill throughout them three weeks and after that can a guy came in you and are you still protected on the seven days?
desdemonata
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Jodsminaj)
Hi just wanted to ask if you used the 21 day pill throughout them three weeks and after that can a guy came in you and are you still protected on the seven days?
Yes, you are protected during your break week. Just make sure it's no longer than a week!
Jodsminaj
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
So your period will still come safely?
Anonymous #5
Report 3 years ago
Hiya so I finished my pill last week Friday and my boyfriend has came in me on Saturday and Sunday and my periods due on August 4th and I'm worried because people say that you're still protected but I don't know😕😩am I fine?
3LucyKate
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
A little off subject, but Ive just started the combined pill and am now on my break. Period started yesterday, but today it's become extremely painful and heavy. Is this normal considering it's the first one? Please let me know because I'm slightly worried😕
jessica.9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
hi, im on my 7 day break where i should be having my period. I finished my last pill on monday and its now saturday and i still havent had my period. I start a new pack of pills in 3 days and im worried if my period wont come.
Has anyone else experienced this?
Anonymous #6
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by twoforjoy)
What pill are you on?

With most pills you can do this, but for a maximum of 3 packs (and I would only feel comfortable doing 2).

You are protected whilst doing this but you may get a slight breakthrough bleed.

After a maximum of 3 packs you must take a 7 day break.
I done this also carried on till the second pack and bled through a lot that month however now coming to my withdrawl bleed its day 7 and I have still not bled. Is this normal because I bled through the pill and thats why I haven't had withdrawal bleed?.[/QUOTE]
Ship1989
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi can someone help, i am on the marelvon pill and have been on it for years. But now that iv moved in with my partner, im worried abt getting pregnant. so i took my last pill on sunday last week. Tomorrow will be my 7 day break. So would i need to start my pill tomorrow? And be protected from pregnancy? hope someone can help
Unknown__
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Once you have finished your 7 day break whilst being on the pill do you have to continue taking the new set of pills at the same day as previously last month
CeeDixon
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Ship1989)
Hi can someone help, i am on the marelvon pill and have been on it for years. But now that iv moved in with my partner, im worried abt getting pregnant. so i took my last pill on sunday last week. Tomorrow will be my 7 day break. So would i need to start my pill tomorrow? And be protected from pregnancy? hope someone can help
I'm on marvelon and the 7 day break still means you're protected X

Posted from TSR Mobile
CeeDixon
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Unknown__)
Once you have finished your 7 day break whilst being on the pill do you have to continue taking the new set of pills at the same day as previously last month
Yes always the same day! I always stop taking mine on a Monday which means I start again the next Monday

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yrah17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi, I've taken two packs of Diane 35 without the interval of 7 days break. Now that I've finished my second pack I'm stopping for the 7 days free pill. I'm on the third day of stopping now and I'm still not bleeding. I also have intercourse during these days, am I still protected from pregnancy?
......!!!
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Can anyone help me? I have been on the rigevidon pill for nearly two years now and have a lot of bleeding while taking it and when on my 7 day break but does this mean it's not effective when I am taking it and still bleeding? Thanks
Leahw123
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Mine took 4 days to come, my pill says only stop for 7 days take the next pill even if you still have your period after the 7 days or you won't be protected after 48 hours x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (68)
19.54%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (143)
41.09%
Nope, not that interesting (137)
39.37%

Watched Threads