The Student Room Group

What happens if you resit your AS chemistry coursework in A2, but does not improve?

I am doing the OCR chemistry A level qualification . Last year (AS level), i got 45/60 UMS in my chemistry coursework. But this year I resit the coursework. Bt unfortunately I got less raw marks than last year, so the chances are i will get less UMS as well. So my teacher withdrew me from my resit. But I had already paid for it and I didn't get the money back. But money isn't the problem here. I don't know what happens now. Will I get my 45 UMS from last year or what?
Reply 1
Original post by windo
I am doing the OCR chemistry A level qualification . Last year (AS level), i got 45/60 UMS in my chemistry coursework. But this year I resit the coursework. Bt unfortunately I got less raw marks than last year, so the chances are i will get less UMS as well. So my teacher withdrew me from my resit. But I had already paid for it and I didn't get the money back. But money isn't the problem here. I don't know what happens now. Will I get my 45 UMS from last year or what?

If you officially withdrew, you'll get the 45 UMS you got last year. But, if it had passed the deadline to withdraw, your chemistry teacher would have to re-submit last years papers, which means your UMS could change a little if the grade boundaries have changed. I think if your UMS went down though, you'd keep the original AS UMS, and the grade boundaries last year were high, so I'd say there was a chance your UMS could go up.

I resat my OCR chem practical... and improved by 1 mark. Bit of a waste of time and money really.
Reply 2
Original post by medicinemm
If you officially withdrew, you'll get the 45 UMS you got last year. But, if it had passed the deadline to withdraw, your chemistry teacher would have to re-submit last years papers, which means your UMS could change a little if the grade boundaries have changed. I think if your UMS went down though, you'd keep the original AS UMS, and the grade boundaries last year were high, so I'd say there was a chance your UMS could go up.

I resat my OCR chem practical... and improved by 1 mark. Bit of a waste of time and money really.

Do you have any idea when the deadline to withdraw is? and besides I think my teacher only withdrew me this week and I don't think he know much abut this (cause he is kinda a new teacher) so I don't think he know abut having to re-submit last years papers. So do I still get the last years UMS even if my teacher don't re-submit my last years papers.:s-smilie::confused:
Reply 3
Original post by windo
Do you have any idea when the deadline to withdraw is? and besides I think my teacher only withdrew me this week and I don't think he know much abut this (cause he is kinda a new teacher) so I don't think he know abut having to re-submit last years papers. So do I still get the last years UMS even if my teacher don't re-submit my last years papers.:s-smilie::confused:

I thought the deadline passed a few weeks ago :s-smilie:, I know my college submitted all our papers about 3 weeks ago. I'm sure it'll be fine though.

But yeah, there's no way your UMS will go down, they take your highest mark.
Reply 4
Original post by windo
Do you have any idea when the deadline to withdraw is?

Early July.

Quick Reply

Latest