Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I am in my final year of A Level and want to go to University. I am taking a gap year next year. Unfortunately i need to retake my Maths GCSE as i got a D the first time around. I would have retaken it during my A Levels but felt i couldn’t cope with the work load. Is there anyway i can retake my Maths GCSE over the summer holidays; maybe through a distance learning course then sitting a specific centre? I know that you can resit the exams in January and June, are these the only times? I really would prefer not to be tied down cos of my Maths GCSE during my gap year, i also would really like to have a firm grade to show uni's so they can provided me with unconditional offers.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I took my maths GCSE (quite a few years ago) in November - I know that doesn't help you but it does mean that there other times other than Jan and June that you can take GCSE maths exams. However, I don't think that you'd be able to take the maths exam during the summer holidays because the exam period would have just been. Perhaps you could enter yourself in for the june exam and have some extremely intense revision between now and then?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, thanks for the reply. November sounds better then Jan, i can't take them in June my work load is too intense for me already. Does anyone know where i can obtain more information about retaking my Maths GCSE?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie Heskins)
    I took my maths GCSE (quite a few years ago) in November - I know that doesn't help you but it does mean that there other times other than Jan and June that you can take GCSE maths exams. However, I don't think that you'd be able to take the maths exam during the summer holidays because the exam period would have just been. Perhaps you could enter yourself in for the june exam and have some extremely intense revision between now and then?
    When did you get the results?

ReputationRep:
    January

You could always contact an exam board and ask waht time you could take it. Or check out their websites

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, e mailed OCR, AQA and E D Excel. Is there anymore boards that do GCSE maths?

ReputationRep:
    Just found out that AQA have specification which lets you complete a maths GCSE by Novemeber.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 2, 2004

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.