Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What do you think of this comment 'ambitious people can be taken advantage of as they will or may do anything to get what they want'?

ReputationRep:
    I think it's nonsensical

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TELEPATHICTUBBY)
    What do you think of this comment 'ambitious people can be taken advantage of as they will or may do anything to get what they want'?
    Or the ambitious people may take advantage of you to get what they want.

ReputationRep:
    Read Macbeth...says it all. 'volting ambition' Its blind

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Custard)
    Don't you mean vaulting?

ReputationRep:
    readeth for thineselves the Tempest - the likes of trinculo and stephano soon got their comeuppance for attempting to usurp the throne of the King - well basically any shakespeare tells of the fall of characters who are too ambitious - Antony and Cleopatra is another excellent play - as is 'As You Like It'

ReputationRep:
    I agree with it. I also agree that ambitious people take advantage to get what they want.

ReputationRep:

are you ambitious?
    what are they?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Don't you mean vaulting?
    Yes but...what you gotta do, I'm human I make mistakes!

ReputationRep:
    Yes but...what you gotta do, I'm human I make mistakes!
    "To err is human, but is against company policy."

ReputationRep:
    Nope, totally unambitious. I have no passion for anything and I believe that the advantage is less people can take advantage of me. I want a passion though as its gives people a reason for living but by definition I believe this places a person at a disadvantage- people can manipulate you as a passion can be your weakness e.g if you love someone (thus your passion) that person whom you love can manipulate you.

ReputationRep:
    Over-ambition, perhaps, but not ambition.

ReputationRep:
    It depends how ambitious they are and how evil they are

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yOUR_dESTINY)
    It depends how ambitious they are and how evil they are

I think it depends more on how suggestible they are.
    Surely if they are ambitious, do what they must to get what they want, and know exactly what they want (as I find ambitious people often do) then you can't take advantage of them by making them believe they want something when they don't.

ReputationRep:
    I'm very ambitious - a lot of people are - but that doesn't make them vulnerable - i would have thought it was the other way round. I can think of many occasions where i've thoughtlessly hurt others to get what i want!

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.