The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Laptop Vs Desktop

What do you think would serve me best at Kingston Uni?
Reply 1
I'm taking my laptop, lighter and easier to travel with when I'm moving into the halls.
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Reply 2
Original post by KawaKawa
I'm taking my laptop, lighter and easier to travel with when I'm moving into the halls.

Hmm. Do you think having a really good desktop and then a crappy laptop to take notes and carry around would be good?
Reply 3
Depends, if you're doing a graphics course or something then I guess a powerful desktop would be cheaper than a equivalent laptop. That or if you game a lot on your PC then a desktop would be the obvious choice and a cheapy laptop/netbook for taking notes I suppose.

My laptop is fine, it plays most games on low/med settings and plus its light enough to lug around places. :P
Reply 4
Original post by KawaKawa
That or if you game a lot on your PC then a desktop would be the obvious choice and a cheapy laptop/netbook for taking notes I suppose.

Yeah, I think I will go with that option. Thanks for your help :wink:
http://www.medion.com/gb/electronics/prod/MEDION%C2%AE+ERAZER%C2%AE+X6815+15.6%22+Laptop+(MD97993)/30013478A1?wt_mc=gb.intern.m-shop.google.on-ma&wt_cc1=mc_rss&wt_cw=30.2.8&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=Google-MC

Have a gander at that. Pretty decent laptop, capable of running BF3 with playable FPS at medium settings for £539, not a bad deal. You can get one with an i7 in for an extra 100. I'm probably getting it for Uni.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending