Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    Not sure really, If I was still at school I'd be dead against it - invasion of privacy etc. but judging by the sheer number of teenagers using drugs now it does seem like a good idea.

ReputationRep:
    cool.

ReputationRep:
    invasion of privacy? it's illegal to do drugs in pirvate you know... and in school, a public place, that shouldn't be a concern.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't we have this exact same thread just yesterday?

ReputationRep:
    oops - sorry I didn't see it...

It's just that I've heard that next week it's going to be happening in my school...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)
    invasion of privacy? it's illegal to do drugs in pirvate you know... and in school, a public place, that shouldn't be a concern.
    Yes, i do realise drugs are illegal. But if I was to be tested (i.e. still at school), that would be how I would feel I imagine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)
    oops - sorry I didn't see it...

It's just that I've heard that next week it's going to be happening in my school...
    I didn't realise thay had already started testing, I thought it was still in the debating stage!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bitewing)
    Yes, i do realise drugs are illegal. But if I was to be tested (i.e. still at school), that would be how I would feel I imagine.
    That's how I feel, I've never done drugs but still I want to know if you can refuse testing - it seems as if they're accusing (sp) whoever they test of doing drugs...

EDIT: They did it at my catchment area school (which I didn't go to) and usually whatever happens there usually happens at mine pretty soon after and also I've heard that we're gonna get it too...

ReputationRep:
    I have a funny story to tell about this subject.

We were having drugs testing in our school last year, for cannabis with sniffer dogs and everything that could tell if you'd done it within 24 hours and can smell it on you... so the day they were meant to come in there was some accident on the roads or something and they cancelled it... well 2 weeks later I list found a spliff in my bag that someone had planted.. LOL so if theyd have come in i would have gotten into so much trouble. when i first found it i thought wtf is that then i loked closer and it was this huge joint! omg im so lucky, i know who did it as well and he forgot that he did it and wanted it back, rofl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)
    I have a funny story to tell about this subject.

We were having drugs testing in our school last year, for cannabis with sniffer dogs and everything that could tell if you'd done it within 24 hours and can smell it on you... so the day they were meant to come in there was some accident on the roads or something and they cancelled it... well 2 weeks later I list found a spliff in my bag that someone had planted.. LOL so if theyd have come in i would have gotten into so much trouble. when i first found it i thought wtf is that then i loked closer and it was this huge joint! omg im so lucky, i know who did it as well and he forgot that he did it and wanted it back, rofl.
    I read that they did a pilot in Kent with the drugs testing + sniffer dogs... I really can't see sniffer dogs coming into all the schools though, it just seems ... weird.

ReputationRep:
    why all the fuss in schools? - drugs are only as illegal there as they are in the rest of society, you don't see random testing on the streets of town centres where there are more likely to be people off their heads.

Some of the worlds most intelligent/innovative people we're on drugs at their moments of inspiration - just think of all the things we might be without if it were not for this creative inspiration most reactional drugs provide. The system will not help these pupils, anyone found taking/in possesion of drugs will be forced to start a rehabilitation programme & may be removed from mainstream education - diaster!

Add all that to the previous arguments on invasion of privacy etc.

I'm dead against it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stu673)
    why all the fuss in schools? - drugs are only as illegal there as they are in the rest of society, you don't see random testing on the streets of town centres where there are more likely to be people off their heads.
    We could start to see random testing on street corners.

ReputationRep:
    We could start to see random testing on street corners.
    I was looking it up on the net and on the Times site someone had made a comment like "I assume teachers are going to be tested too." Seems fair. I think the drugs testing is a bad idea, it costs, time, money and resources.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)
    What do you think?
    that is the stupidest idea i have ever heard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)
    I was looking it up on the net and on the Times site someone had made a comment like "I assume teachers are going to be tested too." Seems fair. I think the drugs testing is a bad idea, it costs, time, money and resources.
    Certainly seems fair to test the teachers too. As for the testing costing money, - won't they be fining those who have been taking substances? - or can they not seeing as they will be minors?

ReputationRep:
    Certainly seems fair to test the teachers too. As for the testing costing money, - won't they be fining those who have been taking substances? - or can they not seeing as they will be minors?
    I don't know - I doubt it, as it'll be the parents who pay, but you never know. Do you reckon you can refuse to be tested?

(Original post by eric bischoff)
    that is the stupidest idea i have ever heard
    word

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)
    Do you reckon you can refuse to be tested?
    no offence, but that is one of the dumbest suggestions I've ever read. don't take it personally, we all say stupid stuff, but that was more than stupid.

if we could refuse, wouldn't only the clean people be tested?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harry Potter)
    word
    tests in school?

it sounds stupid.I have exams and there the only tests im doing

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.