does anyone have any data available for the % errors when using
    100 cm^3 gas syringe
    50 cm^3 burette
    1, 2, 5, 10 cm^3 pipettes
    100 cm^3 volumetric flask?

thanks a lot xxx

ReputationRep:
    % error depends on your final result.

to find the accuracy, take the smallest division and halve it. you should be able to read to 0.5mm on a ruler with 1mm divisions. therefore the error is also 0.5mm, because you could be 0.25mm over or under and still write 0.5mm.

to do error calculations without help, you need to understand them yourself. we had a horrific question on this once and i did it and got full marks not because of any practice (we did about 10 minutes), but because I understood what I was doing, and knew when to add errors and when to multiply them by constants.

think about what you're doing and you should get the hang of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by devilschild)
    does anyone have any data available for the % errors when using
    100 cm^3 gas syringe
    50 cm^3 burette
    1, 2, 5, 10 cm^3 pipettes
    100 cm^3 volumetric flask?

thanks a lot xxx
    Burettes measure to the nearest 0.05 cm^3, giving a 0.1 % error.

Glass bulb pipettes measure to the nearest 0.05 cm^3, giving 5 %, 2.5 %, 1 % and 0.5 % errors respectively.

Can't help you with the other two I'm afraid!

J.

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.