The Student Room Group

TSR dating?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Does Hasan4life spend his/her/its life looking for every single human being who owns a vagina (dead or alive) on TSR? It's hilarious!

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC One X
I had a one night stand with a woman from TSR.

:u:
Reply 82
Just to make clear, TSR isn't a dating service. Saying that, there are plenty of people who have entered relationships with people that they've met as a direct result of TSR and I know of a few from here who have got married! :smile: I know there are a lot of social meet-ups with particular societies from TSR so people make friends and possibly relationships as a result of that. I'm in a relationship with a TSRian myself, we've been together for nearly 8 months now, so it can happen! :h:
I guess you can meet people who have similar ideologies as you but then again you have to make sure the person is single !
Original post by Sazzy890
Just to make clear, TSR isn't a dating service. Saying that, there are plenty of people who have entered relationships with people that they've met as a direct result of TSR and I know of a few from here who have got married! :smile: I know there are a lot of social meet-ups with particular societies from TSR so people make friends and possibly relationships as a result of that. I'm in a relationship with a TSRian myself, we've been together for nearly 8 months now, so it can happen! :h:

Wow really?

Wow :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-S5830
Also people can pretend to be somebody online you may actually meet them and realise they are just a dickhead not to be a cynic!
Reply 86
Original post by Dee Leigh
Wow really?

Wow :smile:

Hehe, which bit are you saying wow to? :smile:
Original post by SillyMilly
Also people can pretend to be somebody online you may actually meet them and realise they are just a dickhead not to be a cynic!

That might happen with a lot of certain people on TSR lol
Hehe, which bit are you saying wow to? :smile:

Your relationship.

And the TSR marriages!

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-S5830

It's interesting that you point to social meet-ups through societies as one of the ways people might form relationships. It's not something that would be feasible to get information on, but it would be interesting to know how many people have become romantically involved in some way after general non-one-on-one meet-ups through societies in comparison to people who get chatting through private messaging and decide to meet up for what are explicitly (or near enough) dates. I've not actually heard of any people who said they got together as the result of a society meet-up, though there are plenty (including myself) who have got into relationships as a result of meeting up after getting into one-on-one conversations via private messaging.

Did you meet your partner as the result of a specific desire for each of you to meet the other, or because you happened to be at the same more general meet up and clicked there?
Reply 90
Original post by Chumbaniya
It's interesting that you point to social meet-ups through societies as one of the ways people might form relationships. It's not something that would be feasible to get information on, but it would be interesting to know how many people have become romantically involved in some way after general non-one-on-one meet-ups through societies in comparison to people who get chatting through private messaging and decide to meet up for what are explicitly (or near enough) dates. I've not actually heard of any people who said they got together as the result of a society meet-up, though there are plenty (including myself) who have got into relationships as a result of meeting up after getting into one-on-one conversations via private messaging.

Did you meet your partner as the result of a specific desire for each of you to meet the other, or because you happened to be at the same more general meet up and clicked there?

Well I only said that as an example because that's how I know several people who've gotten into TSR relationships have met. I met my partner there though we didn't get together as a result of that, we spoke for the first time there and realised we were attracted to each other. A while later we started private messaging and then we went on a date. :smile: I'm not saying that the social meet-up itself is the start of the relationship but it's a way of meeting someone first, and then things might develop from there if you stay in contact. I don't think anything would've happened if we hadn't have met in person first, we wouldn't know that there could be an attraction.
I met my boyfriend on here and it's been 7 months now :h:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending