Turn on thread page Beta

excitied!? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    is any one else feelin like me at mo?
    just wanna get away now and go to uni...had a crap week massive family row, row with boyf split up (agghhh), **** week in school,
    just wanna get away and meet new ppl, sum of the ppl in my yr r startin to do my head in! i just cant wait to start a new course meet new people move out of home! soooo exctiing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barbiegirl)
    just wanna get away now and go to uni...had a crap week massive family row, row with boyf split up (agghhh), **** week in school,
    just wanna get away and meet new ppl, sum of the ppl in my yr r startin to do my head in! i just cant wait to start a new course meet new people move out of home! soooo exctiing
    Yep!! Can't wait to get to uni and get some breathing space from my parents....they hassle me non-stop atm!!!! Sorry you had a bad week....don't worry....things'll get better!!

G

ReputationRep:
    that is *exactly* how I feel! Whre u gonna go? To do what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by acisejica)
    that is *exactly* how I feel! Whre u gonna go? To do what?
    physio, wales college of med hopefully if not then plymouth........................ ..cant wait!

ReputationRep:
    aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    im so pissed of just want this week to be over!oh and monday cos its my drvin test!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    im so pissed of just want this week to be over!oh and monday cos its my drvin test!!!!!!!
    Go out and have an unhealthy dose of intoxicating liquor - my mate just passed his driving test whilst he was still whazzed!

If it helps, I cannot wait to get away from it all here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hornblower)
    Go out and have an unhealthy dose of intoxicating liquor - my mate just passed his driving test whilst he was still whazzed!

If it helps, I cannot wait to get away from it all here.

im excited too!!! even though im in cov and going to warwick lol to save the dosh but am moving into halls

ReputationRep:
    Yes! Me too. I was getting really into the whole uni. business and then it's like, oh, still 7-ish months to go. I'm reasonably happy with how things are at the moment but it'll be good to get on with new situations and meeting new ppl.
    Hope u do fine in ur driving test. I know u'll be nervous but just try and take it one step at a time and u'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    I am. I wasn't ready to go last year so I took a year out. But now I'm working I can't wait to finish and go off to uni! My boyfriend's there now and he has so much spare time it's unbelievable! I just can't wait until I don't have to get up at 6:30 every morning.... =/

I'm actually looking forward to studying again too, which is a rather odd feeling 0_o

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marie55)
    Yes! Me too. I was getting really into the whole uni. business and then it's like, oh, still 7-ish months to go.
    i'm exactly the same!!!

i just want to go out now and buy everything i am gonna need! and probably loads of stuff i won't need too!!

my mother says i can go shopping if i want and just put everything up the attic ready - but i don't wanna tempt fate or something, and end up not going!

i might just go and browse around the shops!

ReputationRep:
    Well it's hard to say whether I'm excited or not.

I come from a repressive boarding school that yells at me for choosing not to eat breakfast. I hate it. I want to get OUT of this hellhole and live an independent life, like the life I led when I was 11-16.

BUt on the other hand, I'll be leaving to the UK (where I have never lived in before) and I'll be leaving my loving family and boyfriend. It's all quite scary.

ReputationRep:
    I'm kinda undecided-really excited yet reallly scared since I'm moving overseas!! I think once I actually get to uni though, I'll love it (well I hope so!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SweetSugar)
    I'm kinda undecided-really excited yet reallly scared since I'm moving overseas!! I think once I actually get to uni though, I'll love it (well I hope so!)
    Where are you headed to? You're moving even further than me!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilsunflower)
    Where are you headed to? You're moving even further than me!!
    Don't know quite where I'm headed to yet, most likely Leeds (unless I get into Durham) or possibly Hull! Where are you from??

ReputationRep:
    Don't know quite where I'm headed to yet, most likely Leeds (unless I get into Durham) or possibly Hull! Where are you from??
    I'm from Brunei!

I got acceptances from both Leeds and Durham (woo! we applied to the same places ) Good luck with your application. I'm also a bit confused as to where I'm headed to, but it's most probably durham. What course are you reading? I'm doing Law.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, I've been accepted to the department at Durham so am waiting to hear if I've been accepted to a college!! I'm dying to know, well done for being accepted-ur lucky, durham looks like a great uni from what ive heard! I've applied for Education and Geography but am hoping to change courses to just Geography if thats at all possible! Wow, I know absolutely nothing about Brunei (I should being a geography student hey!) but thats cool.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, I've been accepted to the department at Durham so am waiting to hear if I've been accepted to a college!! I'm dying to know, well done for being accepted-ur lucky, durham looks like a great uni from what ive heard! I've applied for Education and Geography but am hoping to change courses to just Geography if thats at all possible! Wow, I know absolutely nothing about Brunei (I should being a geography student hey!) but thats cool.
    My roomie is also thinking of doing Geog at Durham you may meet here there. I'm thinking that your acceptance at the department would mean you get accepted by a college. Don't worry these people are slow. I got a letter from the college 3 weeks before my tracker updated!! So annoying!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilsunflower)
    My roomie is also thinking of doing Geog at Durham you may meet here there. I'm thinking that your acceptance at the department would mean you get accepted by a college. Don't worry these people are slow. I got a letter from the college 3 weeks before my tracker updated!! So annoying!!
    Really, I HOPE I'm accepted to a college, id be SO happy!! I stupidly applied to castle though :rolleyes: where there are like 17 applications for each place! But hey, you never know! What college did you get into? Anyway, I think we're taking over this thread so I'll PM u later, better get some sleep now

ReputationRep:
    Really, I HOPE I'm accepted to a college, id be SO happy!! I stupidly applied to castle though :rolleyes: where there are like 17 applications for each place! But hey, you never know! What college did you get into? Anyway, I think we're taking over this thread so I'll PM u later, better get some sleep now
    St. Johns Nice meeting you

xoxo

ReputationRep:
    I am looking ofrward to a new start and living more independantly. Most of my friends went to uni last year ( i am only just doing A2 now cus i quit halfway thru school 6th form and went to college) some say they love it and mean it, others convince themselves that they like it. A few have admitted that its over- rated (admittedly they arent doing the best of courses at the best of unis!)

I just dont want to get there and be disappointed, i know alot of people have set themselves up for a fantastic time but just be realistic!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 29, 2004
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.