The Student Room Group

Is it alright to drop in to school during revision leave?

Everyone had a letter saying we can drop in whenever we like (mainly lunchtime which I did). Form tutor said we don't have to wear uniform if we're not staying for the whole day. Wanted to drop off some maths past papers and go through some difficult questions with my teacher (gave us numerous lectures throughout the year of how she wants us to work hard & come see her during revision leave).

All of the teachers were acting seriously weird. One of them looked down at my outfit (just a simple long-sleeved cotton shirt and jeans?), was really unhelpful and when I was going through some questions with my maths teacher (seemed to be really annoyed/bothered) was giving me weird looks. Wth??? Later when I wanted to pick up some maths past papers I wanted to keep they said my maths teacher had gone and the teacher was really rude and blunt.

I'm not even going to talk about the pupils. Hysterical bouts of laughter everywhere I walked and glaring stares. Odd looks, nudges, raised eyebrows...

I just remember last year in Year 10 when year 11's came in no one batted an eyelid or made a huge fuss. Students walked past them without laughing or staring at their non-uniform.

So why was it such a big deal for me??? It's normal right, to drop in just to see a few teachers?
Reply 1
Same here. Kids are just idiots and the teachers are ***** to sum it up.
Reply 2
Maybe? I can't say that I ever did!
Reply 3
You should come in in uniform, just out of respect to the school.

Although I'm not sure whether that still applies if they said that you don't have to.

And dropping in is perfectly normal yes.
Reply 4
You're probably just having a bad day:biggrin:
Reply 5
When I go in after half term I'll be going in in Uniform :smile:
Reply 6
You know what this actually happened to me yesterday weirdly enough!
I went in non-uniform because last year the year elevens did and the teachers said we could.
I got all of the sorts of things you're describing like weird looks and laughs.
It got on my nerves initially but then I just got over it and thought 'screw them!'
Bet most of the laughs and glances were from girls eh? Probs jealous!

People are pr!cks it's a fact of life don't worry about it :smile:
Reply 7
Teachers are low-lives.
Reply 8
I speak the truth and I get negged.
Reply 9
Yeah why are people negging? :s-smilie:
When we went in to school during revision leave we didn't wear uniform (our shirts had been written on when we finished school for revision leave :tongue: ) and everyone was fine, a few people were jealous because we weren't in uniform and didn't have lessons though :biggrin:
Reply 11
Original post by pollyrose
Everyone had a letter saying we can drop in whenever we like (mainly lunchtime which I did). Form tutor said we don't have to wear uniform if we're not staying for the whole day. Wanted to drop off some maths past papers and go through some difficult questions with my teacher (gave us numerous lectures throughout the year of how she wants us to work hard & come see her during revision leave).

All of the teachers were acting seriously weird. One of them looked down at my outfit (just a simple long-sleeved cotton shirt and jeans?), was really unhelpful and when I was going through some questions with my maths teacher (seemed to be really annoyed/bothered) was giving me weird looks. Wth??? Later when I wanted to pick up some maths past papers I wanted to keep they said my maths teacher had gone and the teacher was really rude and blunt.

I'm not even going to talk about the pupils. Hysterical bouts of laughter everywhere I walked and glaring stares. Odd looks, nudges, raised eyebrows...

I just remember last year in Year 10 when year 11's came in no one batted an eyelid or made a huge fuss. Students walked past them without laughing or staring at their non-uniform.

So why was it such a big deal for me??? It's normal right, to drop in just to see a few teachers?

It's perfectly normal. For GCSE revision I went in almost every day to see one teacher or another or revise in school; for A levels just recently I went in just as frequently to see my teachers about revision/ talk after the exams etc. I wasn't an exception either, quite a few of my friends came in. It's the teacher that is making a fuss that's strange, not you. One thing I would say though is that we are told to go in in uniform so I always do - if it's bothering you maybe it's worth putting on uniform just to stop the weird looks.
When I was on Work Experience,I popped into my school for lunch,without my uniform and if any pupils say your stupid just say that you'll be the one to get the higher grades,with expert 1 to 1 tuition on the exams the days before the exam and teachers are rude at your school?
Original post by Dalek1099
When I was on Work Experience,I popped into my school for lunch,without my uniform and if any pupils say your stupid just say that you'll be the one to get the higher grades,with expert 1 to 1 tuition on the exams the days before the exam and teachers are rude at your school?

I wish i could neg you so much!
Original post by LordBradburn
I wish i could neg you so much!

Why?I thought my post was quite good and really informed OP on how to speak up to these bullies.

Quick Reply

Latest