The Student Room Group

Job interview with Costa Coffee

Scroll to see replies

Original post by littlesocksx
It depends how busy the store is, I work in a town. It also depends on the budget the manager has for people working cos sometimes they have to try and cut labour. At the moment we usually have 4 people working or 5 and these shifts would be 6 - 3 (the person opening) 8.30 - 12.30 9.30 - 5.30 and two people on 11 - 7 but it all depends on where you work :smile: other places many have different shift patterns x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cool, I will be the same as you, my store will be in a town. I'm glad I'm not working in a city shop as they get so busy, but I can imagine my store will too D: there are twelve jobs in total, 4 managers, 4 part-time adults to do weekdays and 4 part-time students to do evenings/weekends, and I'm doing 15 hours a week. I hope I get nice shifts :P
Original post by cool pilot dude
How did you guys get jobs with them? How do you apply?

If you go onto the Costa Coffee website. You can enter the careers page at the bottom of the webpage and download an application form. You can then fill it in TRUTHFULLY :wink: and send it in to a few stores close to you.

Hope this helps.
Reply 42
Hey guys,

I don't know if anyone is still in this post but I have an open interview at costa coffee on monday

i dont know what to expect can someone give me tips because im going to be in competition with a couple other people

what should i bring along?
what should i wear?
what should i have prepared before i come in?
Reply 43
Hi, I have an interview at costa in the next few weeks.
Can someone tell me what type of questions they would ask me and what I should wear as the manager said it wasn't a formal interview.
Plus it's my first interview so I'm really scared,
Thanks
Reply 44
I had an interview today with Costa for a full time position.

They asked me things like why do i want to work for Costa? Asked questions about what I did at my last job , also more personal questions such as how would you describe yourself, how would your friends describe you in 3 words? What's important about working within a team? How would you deal with a problem that a customer has ?

Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by kate.rxi
I had an interview today with Costa for a full time position.

They asked me things like why do i want to work for Costa? Asked questions about what I did at my last job , also more personal questions such as how would you describe yourself, how would your friends describe you in 3 words? What's important about working within a team? How would you deal with a problem that a customer has ?

Hope this helps :smile:

Good luck! When do you find out if you've got the job?
Reply 46
So I know this is quite an old thread, but people still seem to be posting on here! So I was thinking of applying to a Costa job, but I don't know (could just be me being silly!) how to know if my local costas are recruiting? Do I just ask them?

Hey, I recently got a job at Costa and have an induction day tomorrow and was wondering what did you wear to your induction day?
Reply 48
I had my interview today - it was my first ever interview - and they asked me:
1) How do you communicate with people to get a positive response?
2) Describe a time you have helped out a colleague/friend
3)Long term goals/aspirations?
4)What do you know about Costa?
5)Do you have any questions?
6)How would your best friend describe you in three words?
7)What's the most important thing about a job?
8)When are you available to work?
Reply 49
Original post by jules98
So I know this is quite an old thread, but people still seem to be posting on here! So I was thinking of applying to a Costa job, but I don't know (could just be me being silly!) how to know if my local costas are recruiting? Do I just ask them?

I just went in with a copy of my CV and asked someone if they were recruiting. They told me I could leave my CV with them and they rang me a couple of days later to schedule an interview
Reply 50
Original post by Cazzaaaa
Hi, I have an interview at costa in the next few weeks.
Can someone tell me what type of questions they would ask me and what I should wear as the manager said it wasn't a formal interview.
Plus it's my first interview so I'm really scared,
Thanks

Okay i know this is an old thread, but i had my interview today so i thought it might help someone who has an interview coming up.
the interview was quite informal, here are the questions i had got asked:

1. What would you describe as good and bad customer service?

2. what are your plans for the future?

3. who is your inspiration?

4. are you okay with lifting heavy loads?

5.do you think teamwork is important, and why?

6.how would your current employers describe you in one word?

7.are you a quick learner?

8.when are you able to work?

Fingers crossed i get the job!!
Reply 51
I've got the job!!
Hey, dont know if anyone still uses this thread but I was wondering if any one you could help me with writing a cover letter for costa I'm so stuck on what kind of things to say in it??

Reply 53
hi, I have just applied for a job a Costa, and had a phone call back within 40 mins to come in for a 2 hour trial period, I have not filled out any application forms or nothing, those that have had costa interviews is this what I will be doing as well as doing a trial to see what its like?
Reply 54
So basically I've been working with costa for just over a month now and I'm absolutely loving it. The interview is very laid back nothing hard to think about. Just mainly questions about how you work and what you're comfortable with. If they like you in the interview you will then go on to an OJE (on the job evaluation) where you will be given the uniform and shown how to work there for four hours. This is so they can see how you deal with the more stressful times. My best advice for that, is just go out and do it. They don't like people with no initiative. The pay is incredible. I'm on £7:50 an hour and even the long 9 hours shifts go by very quickly. And the people there are lovely. It's nothing to worry about. Good luck ,
Hi. Can somebody send a application form for job in Costa. Thanks
Hi.I've applied for a job at costa in my local town and was just wondering what everyone wore? Does is have to be formal or does it not really matter? Thanks.
Hi, I want to apply for a job at costa how did you guys do this? Not sure whether to go in and ask or email them? HELP! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending