Poll: Gcse Grades you have (if you have recieved Oxbridge offers only) Watch

This discussion is closed.
MrKeen
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
One of my mates got 11 A*s, and he got arrested by the police last week. SO FUNNY!!
[email protected]
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by me!)
I thought IGCSE's were harder and you had to learn more stuff...
I've been through a school with IGCSEs and am now in my last year here in England and I know a lot of people back there. IGCSEs are much easier because they are aimed at people with limited English and not as much time, etc. The O-levels, which they still have abroad in past English colonies are tougher though. Maybe that's what you're thinking of?
[email protected]
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kildare)
Certainly not the impression I've gotten from looking at the individual papers, the way they are marked, the percentage of people achieving high grades and at the results and opinion of the schools which offer both. Both are equally irrelevant when it comes to Oxbridge admittance though.
The only reason people get worse grades is because generally those taking IGCSEs take them for a reason, which means they are not as well prepared academically. (As in my previous post). Basically thick people get crap grades whatever the exam.
winorloose
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Yannis)
The only reason people get worse grades is because generally those taking IGCSEs take them for a reason, which means they are not as well prepared academically. (As in my previous post). Basically thick people get crap grades whatever the exam.
People who are intelligent and well prepared academically can, and do, get lower grades with IGCSEs than they would get with GCSE. We switched to GCSE for science subjects for this reason (cyncially speaking).

What kind of reasons do people take for IGCSE generally?
[email protected]
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by winorloose)
People who are intelligent and well prepared academically can, and do, get lower grades with IGCSEs than they would get with GCSE. We switched to GCSE for science subjects for this reason (cyncially speaking).

What kind of reasons do people take for IGCSE generally?
IGCSE stands for INTERNATIONAL GCSE. They are meant to be easier... I'm not posting this again. If you're gonna stuff this further up your ass, then I don't care
winorloose
Report 14 years ago
IGCSE stands for INTERNATIONAL GCSE. They are meant to be easier... I'm not posting this again. If you're gonna stuff this further up your ass, then I don't care
No need for that.

I did register the fact that they were international GCSEs when I took them two years ago. If they are not harder than the regular GCSEs, how come five people got maths A*s in my year? And no, its not 'special' school for a bunch of thickos, we were placed top of several A level tables last year. Arts subject GCSEs grades were consistently higher than the science IGCSEs.
kildare
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
IGCSE stands for INTERNATIONAL GCSE. They are meant to be easier...
Well, no they're not. Pretty much all the evidence would suggest otherwise. It's all rather irrelevant anyway, but yea.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (301)
92.05%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (26)
7.95%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed