Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

Poll: Gcse Grades you have (if you have recieved Oxbridge offers only) watch

ReputationRep:
    One of my mates got 11 A*s, and he got arrested by the police last week. SO FUNNY!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)
    I thought IGCSE's were harder and you had to learn more stuff...
    I've been through a school with IGCSEs and am now in my last year here in England and I know a lot of people back there. IGCSEs are much easier because they are aimed at people with limited English and not as much time, etc. The O-levels, which they still have abroad in past English colonies are tougher though. Maybe that's what you're thinking of?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kildare)
    Certainly not the impression I've gotten from looking at the individual papers, the way they are marked, the percentage of people achieving high grades and at the results and opinion of the schools which offer both. Both are equally irrelevant when it comes to Oxbridge admittance though.
    The only reason people get worse grades is because generally those taking IGCSEs take them for a reason, which means they are not as well prepared academically. (As in my previous post). Basically thick people get crap grades whatever the exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yannis)
    The only reason people get worse grades is because generally those taking IGCSEs take them for a reason, which means they are not as well prepared academically. (As in my previous post). Basically thick people get crap grades whatever the exam.
    People who are intelligent and well prepared academically can, and do, get lower grades with IGCSEs than they would get with GCSE. We switched to GCSE for science subjects for this reason (cyncially speaking).

What kind of reasons do people take for IGCSE generally?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by winorloose)
    People who are intelligent and well prepared academically can, and do, get lower grades with IGCSEs than they would get with GCSE. We switched to GCSE for science subjects for this reason (cyncially speaking).

What kind of reasons do people take for IGCSE generally?
    IGCSE stands for INTERNATIONAL GCSE. They are meant to be easier... I'm not posting this again. If you're gonna stuff this further up your ass, then I don't care

ReputationRep:
    IGCSE stands for INTERNATIONAL GCSE. They are meant to be easier... I'm not posting this again. If you're gonna stuff this further up your ass, then I don't care
    No need for that.

I did register the fact that they were international GCSEs when I took them two years ago. If they are not harder than the regular GCSEs, how come five people got maths A*s in my year? And no, its not 'special' school for a bunch of thickos, we were placed top of several A level tables last year. Arts subject GCSEs grades were consistently higher than the science IGCSEs.

ReputationRep:
    IGCSE stands for INTERNATIONAL GCSE. They are meant to be easier...
    Well, no they're not. Pretty much all the evidence would suggest otherwise. It's all rather irrelevant anyway, but yea.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.