chendry0911
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi anyone going to be starting City of Glasgow college or have been and can give me any tips/info? I'm starting at the riverside campus in August

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
banapple008
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi I'm going to riverside too I don't have any information but I was wondering have you got your start date in yet, because a lot of my friends have had their start dates for college already but I haven't got mine yet.
chendry0911
Rep:
?
Aw kl what course are you doing? No haven't got 1 yet, they wait until the course is full to make sure they've fille the spaces before giving dates or that, in the interview though the interviewer told me it'll be around the 27th August. Hope that helps

chuffy
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I've just finished my HNC at the riverside campus in Mech Engineering?
Any specific questions? There's not a lot to know due to it being quite small. What are you studying?

feel free to shoot me a PM
chendry0911
Rep:
?
Just PMd you, cheers

Pakokelso93
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I was at the riverside staying in halls there with mostly merchant Navy guys, (I'm not i just don't live near Glasgow). The halls are good/decent and you have a COOP, Greggs, Boots etc across the road a minutes walk away.

However the staff (particularity manager Kennyvand Security Guard Danny) are A***holes with a hint of noise etc!
chendry0911
Rep:
?
Are you studying at the riverside this year again?

Pakokelso93
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by chendry0911)
Are you studying at the riverside this year again?

No. I was at North Hannover Street for most of my course (barring first month at riverside) but stayed at Riverside.

I am planning to move to somewhere that's a bit closer to city centre and NHS for after the summer!
banapple008
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hey, this might seem like a stupid question but oh well. I was just wondering if you have the same lecturer for everything in college or different ones for different parts of the course like I will be studying social science, will have the same teacher for everything?
chendry0911
Rep:
?
Not 100% sure but I reckon ul have different lecturers for different subjects (I wondered this question too lol)

dalelouden
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah, u have different lecturers for different modules of the course. But some lecturers teach more than one module.
Teen117
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi i am studying in the city of Glasgow college this is my last 6 months in this college wht u guys wanna know about the college specify plz...............
JoanneMacLeod
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I just finished my NC Travel & Tourism and starting my HNC/D on the 23rd
In the Townhead building (behind North Hanover St building)
chendry0911
Rep:
?
We're u at riverside campus Teen?

Teen117
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm in mechanical engineering branch chen.........tx

chendry0911
Rep:
?
Cool, starting my HNC Mechanical engineering in a few weeks? Did u start in Jan? How is the course?

Bradatized
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hey

I'm starting my HNC Acting & Performance course here in the next few weeks. I'm moving from Edinburgh in to self-catered halls.

Was wondering if it's a wide mix of people living in halls? Getting worried that it's only going to be people studying nautical stuff?

Brad
chendry0911
Rep:
?
Not too sure about ur question mate, but my mates studying HND Acting and performance this year at the same college, he enjoyed 1st year.

Lunabelle Martin
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey I will be starting this college in 2014, I am doing professional cookery HND does anyone have any tips?? Thanks
Ol Sport Gatsby
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
hi i was just wondering when did u recieve your confirmation email from the college for your interview? I just booked my interview yesterday and so did my friend and she recieved a reply within a half hour but ive still not got one
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (256)
33.82%
No (501)
66.18%

Watched Threads