How much is my signed Man Utd shirt worth?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
lewisd17
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hey guys, was just wondering if anyone knows anything about this sort of thing. I have a signed Manchester United shirt from the Treble winning season and am thinking about selling it. It's signed by Sir Alex Ferguson, David Beckham, Giggs, Scholes and the rest of the squad from that season. It has a certificate of authenticity and everything, I won it in a competition from Old Trafford when I was six haha.

I'm a huge fan and would hate to sell it but I'm really intrigued as to what it would fetch, I know Beckham's signature is valuable, am I best holding onto to it for a few years or selling it now?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
cambio wechsel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Here's one going for just shy of 300 quid.

http://www.united-collectables.co.uk...me-Shirt-.html

That one, though, is signed by only 5 players, while you have the whole squad. Perhaps 500, then?
Mr.Zen
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I personally wouldn't sell it. Yeah, you might get a good price for it. But that money will be spent. You will never get that shirt again if you do sell it. Bro, it has sentimental value beyond measure no doubt. Being a fellow Man Utd supporter, if I were you, I would hold onto that shirt for the rest of my days !
Malkmus
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Why would you even consider selling something like that?
3309will
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You're obviously not a true fan, if you're considering selling something like that.
don_lad_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by 3309will)
You're obviously not a true fan, if you're considering selling something like that.
to be fair I think the guy is saying he's just wondering, not that he is actually going to sell it.
If I had a signed Villa shirt I'd never sell it but then i'd probably only get about £2.50 for it
kka25
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm not a fan of MU but don't sell it! It's not something you could buy anywhere and since you've the entire team and the manager as well, frame it! lol.
Nil By Mouth
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm gonna get a signed Chelsea treble winning shirt 2012 - 2013
Drunk Punx
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Nil By Mouth)
I'm gonna get a signed Chelsea treble winning shirt 2012 - 2013
And I'm gonna turn into an ostrich by sticking a hoover up my arse.
Nil By Mouth
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Drunk Punx)
And I'm gonna turn into an ostrich by sticking a hoover up my arse.
Good Idea! You already got your head buried in the sand, if you think you're gonna win any thing next season.
Drunk Punx
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Nil By Mouth)
Good Idea! You already got your head buried in the sand, if you think you're gonna win any thing next season.
I never specified who I support...
Nil By Mouth
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Drunk Punx)
I never specified who I support...
Doesn't matter, like I said Chelsea =- winner takes all
Malevolent
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by lewisd17)
Hey guys, was just wondering if anyone knows anything about this sort of thing. I have a signed Manchester United shirt from the Treble winning season and am thinking about selling it. It's signed by Sir Alex Ferguson, David Beckham, Giggs, Scholes and the rest of the squad from that season. It has a certificate of authenticity and everything, I won it in a competition from Old Trafford when I was six haha.

I'm a huge fan and would hate to sell it but I'm really intrigued as to what it would fetch, I know Beckham's signature is valuable, am I best holding onto to it for a few years or selling it now?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Thats wicked, you should definitely keep it, dont ever sell it but if you did wait for a longer time that way price still keeps going up. Thats what im doing with my Barcelona shirt from 08/09 season. Keep it as something in your room or what not its a great conversation piece i bet. Yours will be worth more then my Barca piece because its older and its got a Beckham signature. Plus I am missing a few players like Henry, Marquez and Bojan. I think yours would be worth over 500ish quid but don't sell it.
SirMasterKey
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'll buy it for a fiver.

In all seriousness, probably worth a bit but then would you not miss it later if you did decide to sell?
BlueSmarties
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Same price as your local superstore is selling toilet roll, the home brand rolls at that.
Pitt1988
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Keep hold of it until you're older.
tehforum
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Never sell it.
bigsam
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
How much would you pay for toilet paper?

#west ham 4 eva
Casshern1456
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Your not a REAL Man Utd fan are you, if you sell it.
thegodofgod
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I know you're only wondering what it could fetch, and I'm all for making some quick money, but please don't sell it - the sentimental value of the signed shirt would be much more than the monetary value :sadnod:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (65)
19.35%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (72)
21.43%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (62)
18.45%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (70)
20.83%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (34)
10.12%
I haven't started researching yet (33)
9.82%

Watched Threads