The Student Room Group

cant deal with this bitchiness

Okay this is a REALLY long story from last year cut short. I made a mistake last year causing my parents to lose their trust with me. This year they were gaining suspicions believing i was doing the same thing again. I have had a friend since yr7 and we are now in yr10 and for some personal reasons i told her not to be in my life anymore. Well on tuesday people were telling me goodluck at school before i went home (confused) and when i did hell broke loose. It ended up them getting a call from 'someone' that i have been up to no good. Now my parents do not trust me at all! I am really upset because i am honestly not doing those things. I just today went on twitter (i dont have an account but you can see others) and i saw her account and some harsh tweets made about me and stuff saying she was tlking to my mum and she mentioned my name in some too. My dad does not believe me and has his reasons to. how do i get him to? and wth do i do with these girlS bitching about me on twitter without me having to defend myself?!

Scroll to see replies

It is really hard to understand what you are saying when half the information is not being said.
It depends what they are saying about you and why your parents are completely believing them and not you.

Have you ever apologised or been truthful to them about whatever happened?
Reply 2
What are you talking about?
Reply 3
Original post by MissBlueskys
It is really hard to understand what you are saying when half the information is not being said.
It depends what they are saying about you and why your parents are completely believing them and not you.

Have you ever apologised or been truthful to them about whatever happened?

Oopps sorry , okay last year i had a boyfriend and i'm indian so that's like completely against their expectations, they caught me and i got punished , i learnt not to make that mistake again, now this girl has told my dad that i'm dating a black boy and the reason they are believing this is that i could be capable of it and about a month ago i had him on my phone but named him his sisters name and was tlking to his sister as well as him. I understand why the can't believe me but i really am not dating him he's just a friend but rumours were flying around that we took no notice of :/
and i've told my dad why this girl group want me to fail and he is slightly understanding me but he wants me to move school and doesn't believee me yet :/
Reply 4
Ahhh cultural prejudices. Fight the power!
Moving school in year 10 is a bit pointless and can potentially effect your grades at GCSE. If you have cut this girl out of your life then she shouldn't be getting in contact with your parents. I think all you can do is just tell them everything about what happened to you and her, show them her twitter, and tell them not to believe what she says. Your parents should be on your side not the side of an enemy. Also they can't prevent you from having a boyfriend at some point it will happen. But you can tell them that you realised they don't want you to have one at the moment, so you won't while doing your GCSEs and explain you are just friends with some boys. If you do it properly they should see you for your maturity and hopefully trust you again.
(edited 11 years ago)
I think you need to tell us.... the full story.
Original post by Anonymous

wth do i do with these girlS bitching about me on twitter without me having to defend myself?!

Ignore them; bitches ain't **** but hoes and tricks.

Focus on regaining trust with your parents.
Reply 8
Original post by MissBlueskys
Moving school in year 10 is a bit pointless and can potentially effect your grades at GCSE. If you have cut this girl out of your life then she shouldn't be getting in contact with your parents. I think all you can do if just tell them everything about what happened to you and her, show them her twitter, and tell them not to believe what they say. Your parents should be on your side not the side of an enemy. Also they can't prevent you from having a boyfriend at some point it will happen. But you can tell them that you realised they don't want you to have one at the moment so are will not while doing your GCSEs and explain you are just friends. If you do it properly they should see you for your maturity and hopefully trust you again.[/Q
I know she shouldnt have but u can't stop a bitchy girl from doing her best. I have told them many times that he's just a friend but he's also against being friends with boys. And my dads so pissed off he's telling me he's not worried about my exams but about his reputation.:frown:
Reply 9
Original post by kimprovising
I think you need to tell us.... the full story.

It's extremely long , goes back last year :/
Reply 10
Yupp trueee , but idk where to start i knoww im far from perfect and i wish i didn't do the bad things i've done but i can't rewind.
Reply 11
Okay this is a REALLY long story from last year cut short. I made a mistake last year causing my parents to lose their trust with me. This year they were gaining suspicions believing i was doing the same thing again. I have had a friend since yr7 and we are now in yr10 and for some personal reasons i told her not to be in my life anymore. Well on tuesday people were telling me goodluck at school before i went home (confused) and when i did hell broke loose. It ended up them getting a call from 'someone' that i have been up to no good. Now my parents do not trust me at all! I am really upset because i am honestly not doing those things. I just today went on twitter (i dont have an account but you can see others) and i saw her account and some harsh tweets made about me and stuff saying she was tlking to my mum and she mentioned my name in some too. My dad does not believe me and has his reasons to. how do i get him to? and wth do i do with these girlS bitching about me on twitter without me having to defend myself?!

You're anonymous, tell us the full story. This could range from you doing nothing wrong and the girl telling lies, to you having had loads of sex and abortions, and the girl telling the truth.
Reply 12
Talk to your parents. They are angry not because they believe you are misusing their trust (perhaps only to a small extent), but because they are afraid something might happen to you. Perhaps, when things cool off, invite your boyfriend over for dinner (if there is no danger of your parents throwing him out).
Reply 13
Original post by warfarin
Talk to your parents. They are angry not because they believe you are misusing their trust (perhaps only to a small extent), but because they are afraid something might happen to you. Perhaps, when things cool off, invite your boyfriend over for dinner (if there is no danger of your parents throwing him out).

I dont have a boyfriend thoooo!!!
See, this is why I can't be friends with girls. So immature and ridiculous, tbh anyone who writes crap on fb/twitter is a mug, it's pathetic. Show your parents the tweets, try to rebuild the trust etc.

Just ignore the girls, or try and report the tweets perhaps?
Reply 15
Original post by Hopple
You're anonymous, tell us the full story. This could range from you doing nothing wrong and the girl telling lies, to you having had loads of sex and abortions, and the girl telling the truth.

No waaaaayyyyy! im clean. last year i had a muslim boyfriend and im indian so i was dead meat but luckily they gave me a second chance to redeem myself. they are against me talking to guys even as friends which is fine cause my life dnt revolve around guys yh i tlk to them but im not that bothered. anyway this year i was tlkin to this guy frequently. rumours flew by that we were dating when we aren't and the girl told my parents that we are cause of these rumours. my parents dnt trust me cause they think cuz of last year i am capable of it. Plus last year i got the socials involved :/ last year was just a weak point of my life. Anyway it's just an issue regarding boys.
Reply 16
Original post by PointyElbow
See, this is why I can't be friends with girls. So immature and ridiculous, tbh anyone who writes crap on fb/twitter is a mug, it's pathetic. Show your parents the tweets, try to rebuild the trust etc.

Just ignore the girls, or try and report the tweets perhaps?

Although i'm a girl i agree with you honestly all i want to do is to finish this year asap finish yr 11 get my good grades go 6th form then uni. I can't do this with bull**** flying in the air. I have no-one to tlk to at home that understands me.
Reply 17
I just today went on twitter (i dont have an account but you can see others) and i saw her account and some harsh tweets made about me and stuff saying she was tlking to my mum and she mentioned my name in some too. My dad does not believe me and has his reasons to. how do i get him to? and wth do i do with these girlS bitching about me on twitter without me having to defend myself?!

Most schools take cyberbullying fairly seriously. Print out the twitter comments the girl has written about you and show them to a teacher who you get on with (maybe form tutor). Show the print outs to your parents as well.

It's going to take time for your parents to trust you again fully. I can understand the cultural side of not being allowed to have a bf. Try sitting them down together, apologise for sneaking behind their back in the past and tell them that you have changed, will only be concentrating on your gcses. Tell them that people are making up rubbish and it's not true.
Reply 18
Original post by Pin
Most schools take cyberbullying fairly seriously. Print out the twitter comments the girl has written about you and show them to a teacher who you get on with (maybe form tutor). Show the print outs to your parents as well.

It's going to take time for your parents to trust you again fully. I can understand the cultural side of not being allowed to have a bf. Try sitting them down together, apologise for sneaking behind their back in the past and tell them that you have changed, will only be concentrating on your gcses. Tell them that people are making up rubbish and it's not true.

Yhh they do i mean these girls were calling me a slag cause there's some pic's of me on fb wearing a crop top which also my parents are angry about and replied to them as me being a slag. So idk if showing them these tweets will make them angry or just put it back in my face saying i told you so :frown:
Reply 19
Yhh they do i mean these girls were calling me a slag cause there's some pic's of me on fb wearing a crop top which also my parents are angry about and replied to them as me being a slag. So idk if showing them these tweets will make them angry or just put it back in my face saying i told you so :frown:

Show the teacher the rude tweets.

Your fb photos are you're decision. Do you think the pictures reflect badly on you. You should delete the rude comments and delete any future ones, don't even bother responding. If it's a big problem you should block the girl so she can't view/comment your photos. You may decide to take the photos down, you may want to keep them up there, but you shouldn't let idiots dictate your life.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending