Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by browb003
In one of the cases yes;

Case (i)

Untitled.png

When t = 0, x = 0
ie the oscillation starts from the origin
For this, you would use x=asin(ωt) x = asin(\omega t) as the displacement - time graph follows that of a sine graph.

Case (ii)

Untitled2.png

When t = 0s, x = AMPLITUDE
ie then oscillation starts from the displacement furthest away from the origin
In this case, you'd use x=acos(ωt) x = acos(\omega t) as the displacement - time graph follows that of a cosine graph

Hopefully this distinguishes between the two 'types' of oscillations that M3 deals with :smile:

Is it that simple?
We just have to pretty much remember both formulae?
Well there are a few more formulae to remember, but those are the only 2 you need to remember directly relating displacement and time yeah :smile:
Reply 22
Well there are a few more formulae to remember, but those are the only 2 you need to remember directly relating displacement and time yeah :smile:

Cool, are you doing FP2/FP3?
I will be next year (I changed from doing history and french to doing physics and further maths after my first year of 6th form, and my first 2 further maths modules have will be M2 and M3) to get the full further maths A level
Reply 24
I will be next year (I changed from doing history and french to doing physics and further maths after my first year of 6th form, and my first 2 further maths modules have will be M2 and M3) to get the full further maths A level

Oh, why the change? And also, have you done any other a-level maths modules in the past?
I decided that I wanted to do a science degree, and that I'd be a weaker candidate compared to everyone else without physics and further maths (and now I'm looking at a maths and physics joint degree which is quite funny considering that physics is one of the A levels that I took up ha) and I've done C1, C2, C3, S1, M1 but I'm hoping to replace S1 with M2 as S1 is my weakest module
Reply 26
I decided that I wanted to do a science degree, and that I'd be a weaker candidate compared to everyone else without physics and further maths (and now I'm looking at a maths and physics joint degree which is quite funny considering that physics is one of the A levels that I took up ha) and I've done C1, C2, C3, S1, M1 but I'm hoping to replace S1 with M2 as S1 is my weakest module

Cool, what UMS did you get in these modules?
C1 - 97
C2 - 88
C3 - 84
S1 - 79
M1 - 83

I hope to get a sneaky 100% in C4 to get an A* ha, (I've seriously upped my workload to try and achieve that ha)

We need more people talking in this threa ha, it seems to be sliding away from M3 :tongue:
Reply 28
C1 - 97
C2 - 88
C3 - 84
S1 - 79
M1 - 83

I hope to get a sneaky 100% in C4 to get an A* ha, (I've seriously upped my workload to try and achieve that ha)

We need more people talking in this threa ha, it seems to be sliding away from M3 :tongue:

I'm doing C4 aswell, I'm hoping our paper is nothing like the m2 or m4 papers...they were impossible!
Reply 29
C1 - 97
C2 - 88
C3 - 84
S1 - 79
M1 - 83

hey, could you please help me with excercise 3D question 3.b? I can't get to the answer at the back :frown:
Original post by jukebox123
hey, could you please help me with excercise 3D question 3.b? I can't get to the answer at the back :frown:

Untitled.png

I've made a picture showing how I got the answer :biggrin:
The right hand side is part b

You might have to download it or right click and select view picture to get it larger
Reply 31
Untitled.png

I've made a picture showing how I got the answer :biggrin:
The right hand side is part b

You might have to download it or right click and select view picture to get it larger

Thank you very much! :smile:
Reply 32
r

simple question but i dont know the answer

does F=Tcos(a)
or does T=Fcos(a)
paint elka.png
thank you
Original post by elkana
simple question but i dont know the answer

does F=Tcos(a)
or does T=Fcos(a)
paint elka.png
thank you

Untitled.png

I'd say that both are correct, where is the question from? I think it would be interesting to see the context of where it's from
Reply 34
Untitled.png

I'd say that both are correct, where is the question from? I think it would be interesting to see the context of where it's from

i made it up since they seem to be the same but it cannot be
lets say that a where 60
then 2F=T
and 0.5F=T
how can that be
Original post by elkana
i made it up since they seem to be the same but it cannot be
lets say that a where 60
then 2F=T
and 0.5F=T
how can that be

Well then the object that the forces are acting on wouldn't be in equilibrium so the object would have an acceleration I assume
Reply 36
Well then the object that the forces are acting on wouldn't be in equilibrium so the object would have an acceleration I assume

oh yes silly me
Reply 39
C1 - 97
C2 - 88
C3 - 84
S1 - 79
M1 - 83

you only need 96 in c4

Latest

Trending

Trending