Does putting on muscle mass make your face fuller...?

Watch
hiding12
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I mean I am currently pretty thin guy, would say more slight than skinny, little bit skinny. Anyway, I really don't like my nose, which doesn't suit me as its pretty big but don't mind eerything else. So my face is prob a bit thin but Im trying to put on muscle mass, would it possibly make my face a bit fuller thus making my nose seem smaller. I know most bigger noses suit men but mine doesn't. I realise it won't actually make my nose itself smaller, cheers
Scoobiedoobiedo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Proper nutrition + a strict exercise regiment targeting your facial muscles will give you a fuller face

Smiles and winks in the 6-8 rep range, 3-4 sets.
hiding12
Rep:
?
(Original post by Scoobiedoobiedo)
Proper nutrition + a strict exercise regiment targeting your facial muscles will give you a fuller face

Smiles and winks in the 6-8 rep range, 3-4 sets.
lol, smiles and winks? what do you mean? cheers
Scoobiedoobiedo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by hiding12)
lol, smiles and winks? what do you mean? cheers
smile/smΔ«l/
Verb:
Form one's features into a pleased, kind, or amused expression, typically with the corners of the mouth turned up: "smiling faces".
Noun:
A pleased, kind, or amused facial expression, typically with the corners of the mouth turned up and the front teeth exposed.
Synonyms:
verb. grin
noun. grin

wink/wiNGk/
Verb:
Close and open one eye quickly, typically to indicate that something is a joke or a secret or as a signal of affection or greeting.
Noun:
An act of closing and opening one eye quickly, typically as a signal.
Synonyms:
verb. blink - twinkle - nictitate - flicker - nictate
noun. twinkle - blink - winking
warfarin
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You'll only make it worse. Wait until you get older. Everything will grow into proportion.
hiding12
Rep:
?
(Original post by warfarin)
You'll only make it worse. Wait until you get older. Everything will grow into proportion.
huh? Im 25
Glow in the dark
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yes it does, generally as you start to put on more muscle/ weight your face will just start to look fuller whether you want it to or not.
hiding12
Rep:
?
(Original post by Glow in the dark)
Yes it does, generally as you start to put on more muscle/ weight your face will just start to look fuller whether you want it to or not.
cheers, did that happen to you?
Chumbaniya
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You'll put a bit of weight on your face if you're properly putting on muscle mass (i.e. gaining some fat at the same time) but you're not going to get a stacked face without doing some very weird things. You're also not going to change your nose.

The only genuinely noticeable thing that gaining muscle will do to your face is make your neck and traps bigger, which isn't really a change to the face but does alter how you'll look in the head area.
hiding12
Rep:
?
(Original post by Chumbaniya)
You'll put a bit of weight on your face if you're properly putting on muscle mass (i.e. gaining some fat at the same time) but you're not going to get a stacked face without doing some very weird things. You're also not going to change your nose.

The only genuinely noticeable thing that gaining muscle will do to your face is make your neck and traps bigger, which isn't really a change to the face but does alter how you'll look in the head area.
weird things? lol, what kind of weird things? Yeh, I realise I can't change my nose unfortunately, I just want to make my face more 'masculine' so it looks like it suits me more with a stronger jaw etc. you know?
Chumbaniya
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
weird things? lol, what kind of weird things? Yeh, I realise I can't change my nose unfortunately, I just want to make my face more 'masculine' so it looks like it suits me more with a stronger jaw etc. you know?
Weird things like... I don't know, attaching a weight to your jaw and then chewing? Not that I'm suggesting this is either a good idea or something that would be effective.

The shape of your face is pretty much all bone structure. If you don't have a strong jaw, you can't just grow a load of extra bone and turn into David Coulthard, unfortunately.
Glow in the dark
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

Hmm I'd argue that a little, as said below I've seen people gain weight and not put fat on, yet their face looks bigger. I think a reason for this is down to a change in diet, as you start to put on muscle you need to eat more in order to maintain the muscle.. More food = more calories / carbs / salts which retain water, causing you to generally look a little fuller in the face despite having the same body fat as you were if you were a stone lighter

cheers, did that happen to you?
Yeah I've gained about 30lbs since I started 4 years and my fat level is pretty much the same, the face just naturally tends to look fuller
Chumbaniya
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Glow in the dark)
Hmm I'd argue that a little, as said below I've seen people gain weight and not put fat on, yet their face looks bigger. I think a reason for this is down to a change in diet, as you start to put on muscle you need to eat more in order to maintain the muscle.. More food = more calories / carbs / salts which retain water, causing you to generally look a little fuller in the face despite having the same body fat as you were if you were a stone lighter
Yeah, fair enough, that'll likely have something of an effect.
hiding12
Rep:
?
Weird things like... I don't know, attaching a weight to your jaw and then chewing? Not that I'm suggesting this is either a good idea or something that would be effective.

The shape of your face is pretty much all bone structure. If you don't have a strong jaw, you can't just grow a load of extra bone and turn into David Coulthard, unfortunately.
yeh, I thought it was down to genetics, I need to try it anyway. Am 6"2 and only 11 stone
cllio
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Wouldn't the increase in testosterone make your face appear fuller? Like a bigger jaw
McHumpy92
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Will get you a bigger jaw and being bigger will just make your face bigger. I also think the extra eating helps work your jaw muscles... get some beef jerky and chew more gum...plus lift weights and eat more and you should notice a difference.
jOu
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I just went through a quick bulk phase, only a month and gained 5kgs but haven't noticed a difference, I only ever noticed face changes in my friends who lost weight, but I guess that it's different for some people so you might do.
Alakamind
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
yeh, I thought it was down to genetics, I need to try it anyway. Am 6"2 and only 11 stone
Just eat more, I stopped working out 2 years ago and I have a slim build but I gained some fat and my face went chubby as fk. I hit the gym a month ago and now my face is slimming down gradually.
hiding12
Rep:
?
(Original post by Alakamind)
Just eat more, I stopped working out 2 years ago and I have a slim build but I gained some fat and my face went chubby as fk. I hit the gym a month ago and now my face is slimming down gradually.
Yeh, my face does seem quite round but I don't look that chubby, maybe Im chubbier than I thought. Are you trying to put weight on?
Alakamind
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yeh, my face does seem quite round but I don't look that chubby, maybe Im chubbier than I thought. Are you trying to put weight on?
Nah bro, I'm trying to get lean. You got bulk up, eat more and do compound excersices, you;ll gain muscle mass.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (76)
14.79%
I'm not sure (20)
3.89%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (167)
32.49%
I have already dropped out (11)
2.14%
I'm not a current university student (240)
46.69%

Watched Threads