The Student Room Group

Brown "seed" from blowing nose.... Scared.

Hi!

So, spoiler alert: This is une petite disgusting...

After "rolling" snot from my nose into my mouth (I think some people call it "grogging"), I started blowing my nose. After a few blows, I looked at the tissue and found a small light brown seed-like object. It is about 0.5cm (5mm). I used tweezers to "open" the seed-like pip, and inside there is something white: resembling a tape worm, or a thread worm.

I have NEVER had anything like this before. Been having an irritable itch in my nose for a few days now (which escalated yesterday).

Having heard all of the spider egg/cockroach/worm stories (90% of which are trolls), anything to do with insects/insect eggs being inside me creeps the HELL out of me.

Does anyone know what it is? Or at least guess? It's definitely like a worm in it (not moving, I think I might have killed it or it was never alive). That's why I think it might be an egg of some sort... HEEEEEELP ME.
I'm not sure what grogging or rolling is :/,
Anyway, you blew your nose and something weird came out. Lol lots of thing come out my nose :smile:. All the time. It's quite weird, but imagine the amount of stuff you breathe in from your pillows or randomly. I think that you should go to the doctors if you are seriously worried.
I'm sure it's nothing though... Relax!
Reply 2
Have u been on holiday recently? Ive seen gross stuff on tv about people getting worms under their skin etc.
You should find out what it is & see a doctor
Reply 3
Whatever it is make sure you blow it out and not eat it through rolling or grogging. Whatever that may be...
Original post by Eternal*
Whatever it is make sure you blow it out and not eat it through rolling or grogging. Whatever that may be...

You do know that you routinely swallow mucus without realising it?
Reply 5
Original post by clad in armour
You do know that you routinely swallow mucus without realising it?

Yep i understand that. I just meant try not to do it on purpose to minimise the amount of brown seeds you consume
Reply 6
it could be an actual seed for seeded bread or something like that?
Original post by Anonymous
After "rolling" snot from my nose into my mouth (I think some people call it "grogging"), I started blowing my nose.
What the hell? Am I misinterpreting this or are you saying you rolled dry snot into your mouth? I feel sick.
Reply 8
Yeah it can be like seeds you put in your breads. Btw i just tried this a small thing like 0.3 centimeter both ways and i opened it with a credit card and some white thing came out xd
Reply 9
Just tried the excact same thing and its ****ing gross. i think its a seed or something. Worms dont hide in things like that xD it could also be your snot thats inside it
you could try growing your boogers in a pot with some plant food... if some kind of greenery emerges then it was a seed

Latest