Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was looking at the UCAS website and came across a course at UCL called Economics and Business with Eastern European Studies. There is no mention of this course on the UCL website. Also, the grades required are incredibly low for UCL...just BBC. Anyone know why the grades are so low, or if this course even exists? Better still anyone on the course? Will it be available in 2005? It sounds really interesting but I am concerned.

TIA

Tom

ReputationRep:
    I don't think the offer's that low for a course like that, or by UC's standards for that matter. My mate has a BBB offer for geography.

ReputationRep:
    its not too low at all. the course probs wont be on the ucl site cause it is a combination of courses put togetha. iv got an offer from ucl 4 bbb and a pass at AS, for info management. itl b my 2nd choice. for ucl bbc it is quite okayish. u shud b finkin yeppy! by the fact that you may not have to work as hard to get in! once in, ul b at one of da best unis in da country so fings like job prospects wil b well high anyway provided u get a good degree class.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meeps)
    its not too low at all. the course probs wont be on the ucl site cause it is a combination of courses put togetha. iv got an offer from ucl 4 bbb and a pass at AS, for info management.
    When did you have your interview for information management and what was it like?
    Also what were you predicted?

Mine was originally on the 25th of Feb but got changed to the 24th of March due to industrial action.

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomlegge)
    I was looking at the UCAS website and came across a course at UCL called Economics and Business with Eastern European Studies. There is no mention of this course on the UCL website. Also, the grades required are incredibly low for UCL...just BBC. Anyone know why the grades are so low, or if this course even exists? Better still anyone on the course? Will it be available in 2005? It sounds really interesting but I am concerned.

TIA

Tom
    Yeh, I've got an offer for that course of BBB from UCL. They've raised the entry grades this year because of popular demand.

ReputationRep:
    it does exist. i have a mate who has an offer for it this year.

ReputationRep:
    I will be offered a place for Chemistry with an European Language soon after they have recommended me to the Department of Mathematics and Physical Sciences. It should be around BBB-BBC, like it says in the prospectus. Not many have applied for my course anyways.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James Whale)
    When did you have your interview for information management and what was it like?
    Also what were you predicted?

Mine was originally on the 25th of Feb but got changed to the 24th of March due to industrial action.

Cheers
    i had da intaview on da 4th feb. it went ok, i had two interviewers and one woz quite intimidating. sum of the otha people only had one interviewer and this person woz quite nice. dey didnt really ask many questions about the course itself. They mainly asked about things from ur personal statement so b prepared with that. i think dat most people who get an interview, get an offer so dont worry too much. on the day u wil have like 10 otha people with u and ul be split into two groups. one group will be taken around the campus for a tour and the other group will have their interviews and watch a video on the course. then there will b a switch. i dont know what my predicted grades were, but i had say what my AS results were and they werent very good, so they dont base their offer completely on the grades you get. im gonna place dis as my second choice, mainly coz i ddnt really like the campus. hope that helped

ReputationRep:
    it must be weird not knowing your predicted grades!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meeps)
    ...im gonna place dis as my second choice, mainly coz i ddnt really like the campus. hope that helped
    Thanks for the advice, but what didn't you like about the campus?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any information about this course and whether it'll be a good degree to have? And what career will it lead to? I think the course content is too broad and the degree doesn't seem respectable enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparkler)
    it must be weird not knowing your predicted grades!!

tell me about it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James Whale)
    Thanks for the advice, but what didn't you like about the campus?
    tbh i didnt really like the hectic lifestyle of the area. it is a very busy
    area around where the ucl campus is due to the station. the campus was divided by lots of main streets so buildings were scattered about quite randomly. Most buildings were really old and dingy apart from the main one and the halls/houses werent that great compared to other unis ive seen. but if you like a cosmopolitin area i think ul fit in well then.

oh yeh when you have ur interview, prepare some questions of ur own to ask them as well

hope i helped

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.