GCSE AQA History B Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by the A* guy
Here's the Weimar Germany section of the unit 2 june 2011 paper:

hope it helps :smile: :smile:

Thanks for that - all set to go!!
Original post by Sarah_vely
Thank you so much! Just wondering, how did you get all these papers?

As for the unit 1, Jan 2012 paper, I acquired a HARD COPY of the paper when I sat it in JANUARY, I asked for a copy because i thought that might have to resit the exam and so i needed the actual paper as i knew there would not be an available online copy of the paper. Fortunately I got an A* in the paper and so didn't have to resit the exam. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 82
Original post by Graceyfave
Can you please inbox me the hitler notes please? :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

posted in thread
In order the reach marks in the range 9-10 your answer must be:

Balanced, a well argued answer linking both aspects of the questuion, focused on the question.

I got an A* in the unit 1 exam: for the 10 mark questions i always had the structure of intro, explanation of aspect 1, explanation of aspect 2, conclusion.

In the intro it is best to outline to the examiner which bullet point is correct in your opinion so they immediately know that you did in fact make a decision between the 2 bullet points, which means you have answered the question, and the examiner rewards you for that. it is also good to have balanced paragraphs for each of the two aspects, however, while having balanced paragraphs you should be always arguing for the aspect you choose in your intro, throughout your essay. Your conclusion should sum up all your points of the 2 main paragraphs, and state again which out of the 2 aspects you chose and WHY?

THAT IS WHAT MAKES A GOOD 10 MARK QUESTION!!

HOPE This Information HELPS! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

hey i saw your advice and found it brilliant and would really appreciate any advice possible on exam technique to get the highest marks possible for the cold war unit tuesday and the international relations unit on friday! and what marks a strong answer! and basically advice to get really top UMS marks and how people revised to get that effectively! i would appreciate any help i can get! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Original post by xoxlovelifexox
hey i saw your advice and found it brilliant and would really appreciate any advice possible on exam technique to get the highest marks possible for the cold war unit tuesday and the international relations unit on friday! and what marks a strong answer! and basically advice to get really top UMS marks and how people revised to get that effectively! i would appreciate any help i can get! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Unfortunately, I don't study Any of the cold War topics for units 1 OR 2 so i can't be of any help with that. If you want, i can tell you how to write 4 and 6 mark Questions for unit 1 and 8 & 12 mark questions for unit 2? If you want this just quote this message and tell me! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 85
Unfortunately, I don't study Any of the cold War topics for units 1 OR 2 so i can't be of any help with that. If you want, i can tell you how to write 4 and 6 mark Questions for unit 1 and 8 & 12 mark questions for unit 2? If you want this just quote this message and tell me! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I do the cold war! Message me. :smile:

Reply 86

Oops I meant you :biggrin:

Oops I meant you :biggrin:

hi! well i'm taking the cold war unit exam on tuesday! (studying topics 4, 5 and 6) and basically i would really appreciate any exam technique to construct an answer in the top band! especially more the second and third question! any help would be greatly appreciated :biggrin: thanks!

yes, that would be brilliant! :biggrin: i'd love that help! thank you very much! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
yes, that would be brilliant! :biggrin: i'd love that help! thank you very much! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I am currently busy at the moment, so i can't give u the structures right now, but i should be able to post it later today. :smile:
Reply 90
hi! well i'm taking the cold war unit exam on tuesday! (studying topics 4, 5 and 6) and basically i would really appreciate any exam technique to construct an answer in the top band! especially more the second and third question! any help would be greatly appreciated :biggrin: thanks!

Sure :smile: I usually get full marks in those,so I'll be happy to help you.

I am currently busy at the moment, so i can't give u the structures right now, but i should be able to post it later today. :smile:

that's fine, whenever you're free! :biggrin:
Sure :smile: I usually get full marks in those,so I'll be happy to help you.

thanks! that would be really great! :smile: what units did you study?
Reply 93
thanks! that would be really great! :smile: what units did you study?

I do the cold war all three units and then Vietnam, hitlers Germany and Weimar Germany :smile:

Anyone have revision notes on vietnam?
I do the cold war all three units and then Vietnam, hitlers Germany and Weimar Germany :smile:

we have hitler's germany in common :smile:
Reply 96
we have hitler's germany in common :smile:

:biggrin: okay I'll message you details in a little bit!

Reply 97
Original post by sarah_vely
can i please please have the exam paper for unit 2 in june 2011 and unit 1 in january 2012??

there on the aqa website!!, jeez, check for yourself, its not hard
Original post by daniya12
there on the aqa website!!, jeez, check for yourself, its not hard

You are Wrong, The Jan 2012 unit one paper is Too recent to be put on the website, and for some weird reason the unit 2 june 2011 paper is not online.
:biggrin: okay I'll message you details in a little bit!

thanks, that would be great! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending