The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Product Design June exam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by SJS101
Hi peopleeee :smile: Done a bit of revision today. Went over my notes i wrote ages ago (basically main points from book) and im feeling much better. Gonna basically spend most of tuesday (about 7 hours doing practise questions) :smile:

THanks for offering to help btw, really appreciate it. I will get my A* hopefully :P

Btw are you sure they ask you about research techniques? I have never heard of ETHNOGRAPHY?????

Also apart from DYSON, IPAD/IPHONE, MINI, what else have you talked about in regards to good/iconic design?

Also what products other than a phone or shower/bath are good to change so they are suited to the disabled???

Thankssss

Nice! I need to read through the book again -.- ahh!!

Btw ethnography is on page 152, 2nd last paragraph, last line :smile:

And good iconic designs...Ive done abit of research for bic biro its iconic and you could also use it for ergonomics ...mmm well thats it for me, my two main ones are apply and bic biro!

For inclusive design (disabled) you can talk about a car interior...heres a few points at the top of my head...I still need to re-read my notes because I forgot half of them!!
- swivel seats to aid an elderly person to get out of the car
- automatic geer control as it may be difficult for someone with arthritis to use
manual
- steering wheel knob, makes it easier to steer
- touch screen radio and a.c controls
- Hand controls replace pedals for leg amputees

Also a kettle...
- Needs to be lightweight
- designed so that lid does not need to be lifted up as a thumb lever may be difficult for arthritic people to use.
- kettle should be designed so that it tips, so that an elderly person does not need to lift the kettle, they just simply tip it.

Im not sure what else...

Hope thats helped abit to get you started? :biggrin: :smile:
Reply 21
Original post by exam2k10
I scored 25/28 for one of the practice essays.

TBF, you need to know good examples/case studies in order to do well. You also need a good understanding of the subject itself. I made good notes for this over the Easter break and I haven't really gone over them yet.

Make sure you know about the legislation and regulation such as the 'Ecolabel' and 'COSSH'.

This is what I feel may come up. Feel free to add.

Manufacturing systems - May include stuff about Robotics, AGV, FMS, Global Manufacturing, QRM, Kanbans etc

Design Methods - May include the roles of the design process, as well as other processes

Research - THEY HAVE NOT ASKED THIS BEFORE, AS FAR AS I AM AWARE. MAKE SURE YOU GO OVER THIS. CHECK OUT 'ETHNOGRAPHY'. ITS A GOOD RESEARCH TECHNIQUE :biggrin:, THAT YOU CAN ADD TO YOUR ANSWER

Patents - THEY HAVE NOT ASKED THIS BEFORE, AS FAR AS I AM AWARE. MAKE SURE YOU GO OVER THIS.

Testing Methods - THEY HAVE NOT ASKED THIS BEFORE, AS FAR AS I AM AWARE. MAKE SURE YOU GO OVER THIS.

Life Cycle Of A Product

Advancements In Technology - THEY HAVE NOT ASKED THIS BEFORE, AS FAR AS I AM AWARE. MAKE SURE YOU GO OVER THIS.

You still have time to go over this stuff. Im going to spend three hours on technology today and tomorrow, and then on Tuesday evening, Im going to go over all the case studies.

25/28 wahey thats good :smile:!!

And thanks for that list! I need to go over all of this and that tomorrow...the whole day im going to get as much as I can done for PD :smile:

Have you learnt some examples for different products? Do you mind putting it on here :biggrin:? It would be nice to see what other people researched about for the products they chose:smile:

Thanks in advance!
Reply 22
Hey guys! Im trying to do this question that i have avoided to do for a while as it really is not my strong topic....and well...I have no idea what else to write about!!

Each topic im supposed to talk about is 7marks and I am not sure if I got the marks...so I need you guys to help me out here please!!

I hope its not too much to ask, but could someone just kind of add and comment on the answer I gave. Im terrible at essay writing so I need all the opinions I can get!! It would be nice for more than one person to check my work, atleast that way I get lots of different opinions!! Thanks SO much! :smile: :cool: :redface:

Designers use a variety of techniques to generate and develop design ideas and to
communicate the method of manufacture of a product.
Using specific examples, explain when and why a designer may make use of four of the
following.
! Free hand isometric sketching
! Flow charts
! Orthographic projection
! Computer Aided Design (CAD)
! Prototypes
! Moodboards
(4 × 7 marks)

A designer uses variety of techniques to generate and develop designs for a potential client. In both one off product and batch productions, communication and representation of ideas is extremely important. For example, a free hand isometric drawing allows the designer to design exactly what a client needs. It is an extremely quick method that can be evaluated by adding notes and extra diagrams. The drawing could be rendered to be able to visualise what the product could potentially look like, for example, drawing a mobile phone. Free hand drawings allow a relatively accurate image that allows a designer to design where specific features could be applied. This method is more appropriate in the beginning of a designing the structure, or body of a product. If CAD software was used straight away of designing, a lot of time would go into designing on CAD and may be wasted if the client simple does not like the structure of the product. Therefore using free hand isometric drawings allows the basic design to be created before more time goes into designing more complex images on CAD.
However even though CAD is very time consuming, it is much more accurate. Designers are able to produce a precise replica of the product that a client would potentially purchase. Designers could easily render the product realistically and show different angles of the product. For example pottery at Wedgewoods uses CAD for not only designing the actually product, but also stimulating a realistic environment for what the product would look like on a table. It gives a realistic impression of the final design. However if the client does not like the design, the design could easily be changed without having to start all over again. Editing software such as 3D- Desktop allows patterns to be rotated, replicated or mirrored quickly and efficiently. CAD not only allows complex designing methods, it also allows simple designs to be created based on what the product and to what extent the client would like to see the design.
Another method for communicating and presenting ideas, are through prototype modelling. This method us generally used for the final product as prototype modelling is usually a high-quality model or functioning product. This type of model allows the designer to test for flaws within a design, For example how well the product is ergonomically comfortable or how well the mechanical functions of the product works. This method avoids an expensive final product going to waste due to faults found within the product that could have been prevented. In general the type of high quality material that could be used for prototype modelling is MDF, acrylic...etc. An example of a product using this method could be an iron. Ergonomics would be tested to ensure maximum comfort and mechanical functions of the product fold away iron, may be tested.
Moodboards are another way of presenting ideas. It is a collection of different images, colour swatches, samples of textured fabric and different finishes. It shows both client and designer the variety of designs that could be used on a product, or may even spur inspiration from collecting images that show different versions of the same product. For example, moodboards could be used to help in the process of designing furniture; the texture of a material can be difficult to explain so swatches of fabric on a moodboard can aid the explanation. There are many types of furniture designs in the market, and a moodboards can help bring the different designs together on one spread, so designs can be compared and combined. It allows the client and the designer to express their ideas much more efficiently, therefore allowing designers to design a more accurate product to what the client expects.
Reply 23
I'm actually quite impressed with the quality of writing in your essay. The syntax works really well and there isn't many wooly sentences, so you definately already hit the intermediate band. I don't actually understand how the marks work reliably. A lot of it seems like preference of my style of writing and the way I say things, rather than actual theory as there is no specific modelled answers in the DT Spec... Oh well.

Anyway, back to your question:
I think you are getting a bit confused about free hand isometric drawing. You made it sound like it's a way for the designer to use to show the client and all that. Here's my take on it:
The free hand isometric drawing is a useful personal technique for the designer to quickly mock up any solutions that he might want to include in later designs. The idea of it being free hand means that he doesn;t need to waste time with using other tools other than a pen or a pencil, buy the isometric rules are there so the proportion of the drawing are still kept as well as some point of reference for the viewer to visualise the drawing realistically. Usually, these are used for initial design ideas which can then be developed in later stages of design. Rendering can also be used in order to quickly apply texture effects for later references.

I don't know, I just thought this is the purpose of FREE HAND. Always to do **** without really caring about what pops up on paper. However, I did not model my answer on any others, it came from my head, literally.

It's also good that you try and give real life examples for each of the aspects of presentation. That will definately move up your marks.

Did you time yourself writing this, or was it literally just how long it took you?
I struggle with timing myself in this, what would be your guidelines to time allowance per question in the exam? DO you plan your answer before hand too?

Thanks for all the help everyone.
Peace
Reply 24
Original post by qqprzem
I'm actually quite impressed with the quality of writing in your essay. The syntax works really well and there isn't many wooly sentences, so you definately already hit the intermediate band. I don't actually understand how the marks work reliably. A lot of it seems like preference of my style of writing and the way I say things, rather than actual theory as there is no specific modelled answers in the DT Spec... Oh well.

Anyway, back to your question:
I think you are getting a bit confused about free hand isometric drawing. You made it sound like it's a way for the designer to use to show the client and all that. Here's my take on it:
The free hand isometric drawing is a useful personal technique for the designer to quickly mock up any solutions that he might want to include in later designs. The idea of it being free hand means that he doesn;t need to waste time with using other tools other than a pen or a pencil, buy the isometric rules are there so the proportion of the drawing are still kept as well as some point of reference for the viewer to visualise the drawing realistically. Usually, these are used for initial design ideas which can then be developed in later stages of design. Rendering can also be used in order to quickly apply texture effects for later references.

I don't know, I just thought this is the purpose of FREE HAND. Always to do **** without really caring about what pops up on paper. However, I did not model my answer on any others, it came from my head, literally.

It's also good that you try and give real life examples for each of the aspects of presentation. That will definately move up your marks.

Did you time yourself writing this, or was it literally just how long it took you?
I struggle with timing myself in this, what would be your guidelines to time allowance per question in the exam? DO you plan your answer before hand too?

Thanks for all the help everyone.
Peace

Your right about me being muddled up witht he free hand isometric draqwings, I didnt really understand it so I made most of it up haha! Thanks so much for clearing that up for me! You definitely explained it better!

And for your question, I did not actually time myself. If I think about it, it took me roughly 30minutes to write it out. I really need to time my work >.<

I would say becuase the exam is 2hours long and there are 3 28 mark questions, its advisable to spend 40 minutes on each, maybe 5-10minutes planning carefully and then bam 30minutes writing.

I actually did not write my plans out on paper for this question... I planned it all in my head...then started writing away. Please do not follow my footsteps!! haha its a bad habbit! I really should write out my plans...because if time runs out in the exam...the examiner can look at your plan and give maybe a mark for some points that are mentioned in your plan..but not mentioned in your final answer.

So I would suggest spending a good 5minutes minumum planning!!

Hope that has helped you :smile:

Thanks SOO much for reading, commenting and adding to my essay answer!
Have you got any you want to post up on here? I would find it helpful if anyone could post their answers up :smile:
Reply 25
This is a question I found lying around my room. Gonna attempt it, without timing, and with the book. I just think that I might as well use all the help that I can get at this moment.

Designers must consider sustainability and the effects of the manufacture and use of products on the environment.

With reference to two dissimilar products, explain where concern for environmental issues has been an important factor in determining the design.

You should make reference to the following in your answer:
-The use of raw materials
-The manufacture of the product
-The use and function of the product
-The final disposal of the product

Today's increasing eco-conciousness of the governments and the general public means that designers are more and more pressured to make their products more environmentally responsible, considering the 'Six Rs' is vital for a successful product.
A great example of such a product is a plastic drinks bottle, such as the one designed for Coca-Cola. Coca-Cola is a huge company which pays great attention to their status, so making themselves become more sustainable and eco-friendly increases the positive image amongst the public.
The packaging for the 500ml bottle is made of Polythene (PET), a thermoplastic, which is easily recyclable, an important factor when it comes to mass production such as Coca-Cola's. The cap is also a thermoplastic, high density polyethylene (HDPE). This, together with the calendered Low Density Polyethylene (LDPE) makes the whole bottle fully recyclable. [A diagram of the bottle with labelled parts]
The processes used for the manufacture of the bottle must also be considered to reduce the company's carbon footprint. Blow moulding is a quick process, which although expensive to set up, is profitable and efficient. Such heavily machined process, however, can put people out of jobs. This means that the ethical and moral sustainability of the company decreases. To make the public more aware of the product's sustainability, Coca-Cola should comply to legislations such as the ecolable or the packaging directive.
Another product that should be heavily weighed on sustainability and environmental issues is a kitchen kettle. This is a product that has been designed specifically to limit it's effect on the environment. The raw materials that are extracted in order to make the kettle are exhaustible, so to make the product more environmentally friendly the design would be reduced in terms of the materials used, or be heavily made up of already recycled polymers. The manufacture of the kettle will lead to material wastage, so the process should be made of efficient mould designs to mould as many parts in one cycle as possible. Distribution wise, the transport from point to point leads to greenhouse gas emissions and consumption of fossil fuels, so efficient box designs to allow easy transport are vital. Use wise, kettles can consume unnecessary amounts of energy, so a number of solutions can be applied to decrease this. An easy to read filler gauge could be included to aid precise fillling, a thermocromic patch to show if it is necessary to re-heat or not or even using air to insulate the water when hot could increase the environmentally friendly value of the kettle. Finally at disposal, the kettle also produces some difficulties, such as polymer degradation or the difficulty of separating curcuit boards. THis can be helped by the designer making the kettle use a 'timeless' aesthetic to extend it's useable life. The kettle should be made of a minimal amount of different types of polymers to aid recycling, and the curcuits should be made from surface mount components in order to separate them easily with the use of infra-red oven.

So yeah, that's my take, agains sorry it's so long. It took me a long time because I get distracted easily on 9gag and 4chan :P
Feel free to criticise, I'd appreciate constructive comments.

Peace, have fun revising.
Reply 26
@ds4143

Planning is definately key. The above answer I planned out, then wrote, but as I said, it took me hours, as I get distracted easily :frown:

Let me know what you think.
im taking this exam! i'm so worried about it as i need a b overall in A2 dt for uni - want to do product design haha! but the exam can be about almost anything :O
Original post by qqprzem
This is a question I found lying around my room. Gonna attempt it, without timing, and with the book. I just think that I might as well use all the help that I can get at this moment.

Designers must consider sustainability and the effects of the manufacture and use of products on the environment.

With reference to two dissimilar products, explain where concern for environmental issues has been an important factor in determining the design.

Today's increasing eco-conciousness of the governments and the general public means that designers are more and more pressured to make their products more environmentally responsible, considering the 'Six Rs' is vital for a successful product.
A great example of such a product is a plastic drinks bottle, such as the one designed for Coca-Cola. Coca-Cola is a huge company which pays great attention to their status, so making themselves become more sustainable and eco-friendly increases the positive image amongst the public.
The packaging for the 500ml bottle is made of Polythene (PET), a thermoplastic, which is easily recyclable, an important factor when it comes to mass production such as Coca-Cola's. The cap is also a thermoplastic, high density polyethylene (HDPE). This, together with the calendered Low Density Polyethylene (LDPE) makes the whole bottle fully recyclable. [A diagram of the bottle with labelled parts]
The processes used for the manufacture of the bottle must also be considered to reduce the company's carbon footprint. Blow moulding is a quick process, which although expensive to set up, is profitable and efficient. Such heavily machined process, however, can put people out of jobs. This means that the ethical and moral sustainability of the company decreases. To make the public more aware of the product's sustainability, Coca-Cola should comply to legislations such as the ecolable or the packaging directive.
Another product that should be heavily weighed on sustainability and environmental issues is a kitchen kettle. This is a product that has been designed specifically to limit it's effect on the environment. The raw materials that are extracted in order to make the kettle are exhaustible, so to make the product more environmentally friendly the design would be reduced in terms of the materials used, or be heavily made up of already recycled polymers. The manufacture of the kettle will lead to material wastage, so the process should be made of efficient mould designs to mould as many parts in one cycle as possible. Distribution wise, the transport from point to point leads to greenhouse gas emissions and consumption of fossil fuels, so efficient box designs to allow easy transport are vital. Use wise, kettles can consume unnecessary amounts of energy, so a number of solutions can be applied to decrease this. An easy to read filler gauge could be included to aid precise fillling, a thermocromic patch to show if it is necessary to re-heat or not or even using air to insulate the water when hot could increase the environmentally friendly value of the kettle. Finally at disposal, the kettle also produces some difficulties, such as polymer degradation or the difficulty of separating curcuit boards. THis can be helped by the designer making the kettle use a 'timeless' aesthetic to extend it's useable life. The kettle should be made of a minimal amount of different types of polymers to aid recycling, and the curcuits should be made from surface mount components in order to separate them easily with the use of infra-red oven.

So yeah, that's my take, agains sorry it's so long. It took me a long time because I get distracted easily on 9gag and 4chan :P

what you have is good i think but you could maybe expand - in the first part you could go into a lot more detail about extracting then transporting the raw materials - you could also talk about using recycled materials.. i would then talk about reusing and recycling materials/parts too.. and imho your examples are quite similar i would choose things made out of two different materials as there is more to talk about. i would do a car.. then something plastically/papery such as fast food, or drinks bottles.. or course cars can use polymers to. in the kettle you start to wander off topic a tad and talk about redesigning the filling gauge or using thermochromic pigments whereas the question states "With reference to two dissimilar products, explain where concern for environmental issues has been an important factor in determining the design." you are jsut critisizing a product not suggesting developments.. so i may be a bit careful about that.. its possibly worthwhile including but i wouldn't focus on it too much.. just state it and move on!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 29
Original post by littlemissmidget123
what you have is good i think but you could maybe expand - in the first part you could go into a lot more detail about extracting then transporting the raw materials - you could also talk about using recycled materials.. i would then talk about reusing and recycling materials/parts too.. and imho your examples are quite similar i would choose things made out of two different materials as there is more to talk about. i would do a car.. then something plastically/papery such as fast food, or drinks bottles.. or course cars can use polymers to. in the kettle you start to wander off topic a tad and talk about redesigning the filling gauge or using thermochromic pigments whereas the question states "With reference to two dissimilar products, explain where concern for environmental issues has been an important factor in determining the design." you are jsut critisizing a product not suggesting developments.. so i may be a bit careful about that.. its possibly worthwhile including but i wouldn't focus on it too much.. just state it and move on!

Thanks for the feeback! I see what you're saying!
I didn't think that the two were simmilar, although of the same material. One is a single use product, that involves no electricity at all, it simply gets used, thrown and then re-cycled. The kettle on the other hand, is a product which uses electricity and it had to have a lot of consideration into that.
I see what you're saying about me merely 'criticising' the kettle. Maybe this was due to the fact that i used words like 'should'.
But I did try to get the environmental impact that the kettle has and then compare it to a design approach. All of what I mentioned are part of the design of the kettle in terms of it's environmental impact.
Remember the question is not asking for me to suggest developments, but explain how the considerations were made by the designers.
I don't know though, maybe I structured my sentences wrong and it came out with not enough opinion on my part.

I will definately keep your comments in mind when doing another practice question, thank you very much! :smile:

Damn, after doing that other one, I really don't want to do another :frown: They take so long... Argh! I'm so lazy....
Original post by qqprzem
Thanks for the feeback! I see what you're saying!
I didn't think that the two were simmilar, although of the same material. One is a single use product, that involves no electricity at all, it simply gets used, thrown and then re-cycled. The kettle on the other hand, is a product which uses electricity and it had to have a lot of consideration into that.
I see what you're saying about me merely 'criticising' the kettle. Maybe this was due to the fact that i used words like 'should'.
But I did try to get the environmental impact that the kettle has and then compare it to a design approach. All of what I mentioned are part of the design of the kettle in terms of it's environmental impact.
Remember the question is not asking for me to suggest developments, but explain how the considerations were made by the designers.
I don't know though, maybe I structured my sentences wrong and it came out with not enough opinion on my part.

I will definately keep your comments in mind when doing another practice question, thank you very much! :smile:

Damn, after doing that other one, I really don't want to do another :frown: They take so long... Argh! I'm so lazy....

they do take so long.. today im working on physics.. tomorrow is that exam.. that leaves tuesday and wednesday morning for dt revision :O
Reply 31
I have psychology tomorrow, but there's no hope for me there. I know I will fail. SO I have one extra day.
I don't know. I'm giving the book a read and all that, but I really don't feel like the exam questions over and over, it doesn't work for me well. I need mind maps. I only did it for the people here.
I like learning by talking too, that's why this forum is perfect for me. :P
Reply 32
Original post by qqprzem

Haha tbh yeh thats kinda the main reason why I can't time my essays...because I do get distracted easily too! ooo I did this question too, I chose aluminium cans and motor vehicles. :biggrin: But anyways about your answer...

Firstly I really like your style of writing, well structured and it flows well. Also well done for mentioning the ecolabel and packaging directive! But with the six R's thing, do you mean 3 R's? Reduce reuse recycle?? If not...where are the 6 R's in the book...I need to re-read it haha :smile:
The products you chose were good, you mentioned lots of different things about them, maybe you could have added a quick diagram of blow moulding?

With the coca cola product maybe you could have mentioned some stuff about transporting methods, is it stackable - saves space in vehicle - saves amount of trucks needed to transport product - therefore reducing fuel consumption - reducing harmful effect to environemnt.

When you start of talking about kettles, maybe you could talk about why polymer is useful compared to another material like aluminium for example the k3 kettle - a much older kettle (page 200). It uses aluminium, bauxite requires alot more energy to extract compared to crude oil. Even though crude oil is more efficient to use, it still an exhaustable material, so designers have designed a kettle using polymer to further reduce the consumption of energy.
mm I dont know, maybe they are a few good points that you think you could use?
Well done for mentioning timeless aesthetics, thats a good point! I think you mentioning some points about the design of the kettle, like insulation, thermochronic smart materials, filler gauge and stuff was very good because they are ways that the designer thought about reducing energy consumption!

Overall I think you had alot of decent points! You structured it all very well and I enjoyed reading it!! Hope my comments helped ya :smile:
Reply 33
Hiyaaa, Happy to see your all revising hard lol :smile:

I wont be on here until monday night now cus im revising hard at mainly physics but also at Maths and Further Maths, predicted to get A*'s in all.... like thats gonna happen lol.

Anyway on monday night i will drop lots of comments and start posting my answers, however i must say my answers are generally much longer than all of yours??? like double at least? anywayz cya
Reply 34
Original post by SJS101
Hiyaaa, Happy to see your all revising hard lol :smile:

I wont be on here until monday night now cus im revising hard at mainly physics but also at Maths and Further Maths, predicted to get A*'s in all.... like thats gonna happen lol.

Anyway on monday night i will drop lots of comments and start posting my answers, however i must say my answers are generally much longer than all of yours??? like double at least? anywayz cya

Nice! Im predicted A*AA >.< and I feel the same...like thats going to happen! LOL and okay I will defo be here monday night, it will be nice to see your answers thats are so much more longer :redface:!! Maybe it will help give me an idea on what the hell I should write XD
Reply 35
Original post by ds4143
Nice! Im predicted A*AA >.< and I feel the same...like thats going to happen! LOL and okay I will defo be here monday night, it will be nice to see your answers thats are so much more longer :redface:!! Maybe it will help give me an idea on what the hell I should write XD

Just saw this and had to reply before i done my next physics past paper...

Predicted A*AA ... niceeeeeee :P what other subjects do you do? and im sure its possible? Also what uni you going to next year? and what you studying?

I am predicted A*A*A*Aa and yet my teachers want my last A to be an A*, there mad :smile:

And i just basically explain my ideas more clearly and come from all angles in my answers :smile: maybe i just blabber on too much, hopefully you lot can all help me :smile:

CYA
Reply 36
Stop talking about ridiculous predictions! Its making me sad T_T haha.

Thanks for your ideas ds4143. I was sitting here, reading your ideas and nodding along with them. Real help!

As to the 6Rs, it might have been something our teacher mentioned rather than the book but it goes like this.

Refuse - say no to certain materials, which may be very daunting to the environment
Reuse- reuse old ideas or materials which can help reduce the products impact on the environment
Recycle - self explanatory :wink:
Repair - rather than getting a new product, think about ways to repair the existing one. For designers it might be adding a new feature, or for the customer, getting a part and replacing it.
Reduce - reduce the amount of material used to make the product
Rethink - this one is a bit wooly. It's about rethinking people's attitudes to the environment and thinking of new more eco-friendly solutions.

I usually remember them with the acronym: F.U.C.P.D.T (****-up dt).

So,
ReFuse
ReUse
ReCycle
RePair
ReDuce
Re-Think
Reply 37
Original post by qqprzem
Stop talking about ridiculous predictions! Its making me sad T_T haha.

Thanks for your ideas ds4143. I was sitting here, reading your ideas and nodding along with them. Real help!

As to the 6Rs, it might have been something our teacher mentioned rather than the book but it goes like this.

Refuse - say no to certain materials, which may be very daunting to the environment
Reuse- reuse old ideas or materials which can help reduce the products impact on the environment
Recycle - self explanatory :wink:
Repair - rather than getting a new product, think about ways to repair the existing one. For designers it might be adding a new feature, or for the customer, getting a part and replacing it.
Reduce - reduce the amount of material used to make the product
Rethink - this one is a bit wooly. It's about rethinking people's attitudes to the environment and thinking of new more eco-friendly solutions.

I usually remember them with the acronym: F.U.C.P.D.T (****-up dt).

So,
ReFuse
ReUse
ReCycle
RePair
ReDuce
Re-Think

Aw im glad it helped you in some way!!

And OMFG! the 6 R's :redface: thats clever :smile: Now I have something to refer to when Im answering a question. THanks for that

F.U.C Product Design Technology :smile:
Reply 38
Original post by SJS101
Just saw this and had to reply before i done my next physics past paper...

Predicted A*AA ... niceeeeeee :P what other subjects do you do? and im sure its possible? Also what uni you going to next year? and what you studying?

I am predicted A*A*A*Aa and yet my teachers want my last A to be an A*, there mad :smile:

And i just basically explain my ideas more clearly and come from all angles in my answers :smile: maybe i just blabber on too much, hopefully you lot can all help me :smile:

CYA

Ah GOSH I could not do another subject :tongue: Im doing Maths, Biology and obviously product design.

Nice predicted :biggrin:

Going to Kent for Architecture if -pray- I get the grades XD haha

And studying Architecture...Yes I kknow, why the hell did I take biology if Im going to do architecture? Because it interested me alot XD LOL what about yourself? Uni? course? a level subjects? :smile:

And i guess its good you can write tons...atleast that way you got EVERYTHING covered. Just be careful of timing in the exam! 3 questions in 2hours :smile:

BUt yeh I would defo love to read your answers and help ya out if you need any :biggrin:
Reply 39
Original post by ds4143
Ah GOSH I could not do another subject :tongue: Im doing Maths, Biology and obviously product design.

Nice predicted :biggrin:

Going to Kent for Architecture if -pray- I get the grades XD haha

And studying Architecture...Yes I kknow, why the hell did I take biology if Im going to do architecture? Because it interested me alot XD LOL what about yourself? Uni? course? a level subjects? :smile:

And i guess its good you can write tons...atleast that way you got EVERYTHING covered. Just be careful of timing in the exam! 3 questions in 2hours :smile:

BUt yeh I would defo love to read your answers and help ya out if you need any :biggrin:

As for subjects - Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Product Design and ICT

UNI - was planning on going to Cambridge but the gits rejected me without an interview so going to Southampton to do Aeronautics and Astronautics, then hoping to get into F1 (aerodynamist) :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending