The Student Room Group

The Jubilee, The Brainwashing, The Monarchy - Time to Wake up

Do people really believe and accept the Monarchy? Do they really agree that some of us are just born to be Kings/Queens/Princes?

The sheer ignorance of people is killing me inside, in 21st century should we really be having Royal Family and all this Imperialism?

Now tell me how you love the Queen, keep worshiping the Queen, how you would die for the Queen because at the end of the day you are her subject, just a peasant and a consumer unit.

On the other hand if this world didn't have soo many stupid/ignorant/easy to manupulate sort of people then the elite would not be able to control us, so keep being stupid,close minded and ignorant because this planet needs more people like you.

[video="youtube;4PYEKSOBRtM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PYEKSOBRtM[/video]

Some videos been deleted because of the language used in them, I strongly recommend everyone to subscribe to FKN NEWZ and the Alex Jones channel on youtube to get your 'alternative' view of current affairs at its best.

Next video is talking about the affairs of when the 'royal wedding' have happened also exposing the history of the royal family in the past decade.

[video="youtube;-I3l7wYmUyU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I3l7wYmUyU&feature=related[/video]
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Miza
Do people really believe and accept the Monarchy? Do they really agree that some of us are just born to be Kings/Queens/Princes?

The sheer ignorance of people is killing me inside, in 21st century should we really be having Royal Family and all this Imperialism?

This video pretty much sums it up for me - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VH8_ycGjTfA&feature=g-all-lik

Now tell me how you love the Queen, keep worshiping the Queen, how you would die for the Queen because at the end of the day you are her subject, just a peasant and a consumer unit.

On the other hand if this world didn't have soo many stupid/ignorant/easy to manupulate sort of people then the elite would not be able to control us, so keep being stupid,close minded and ignorant because this planet needs more people like you.

I think your incredible judgemental and horrible saying that about people you dont know just because thay have a different opinion to you, sorry your opinion is not law.

I personally love the royal family, They're our heritage and we should embrace that :smile:
Original post by firebolt
I think your incredible judgemental and horrible saying that about people you dont know just because thay have a different opinion to you, sorry your opinion is not law.

I personally love the royal family, They're our heritage and we should embrace that :smile:

Bit of a pathetic excuse to embrace them really, just because they've always been there. :rolleyes:

Why else exactly do you love the royal family?
Reply 4
Original post by Retro.spex
Bit of a pathetic excuse to embrace them really, just because they've always been there. :rolleyes:

Why else exactly do you love the royal family?

I just think that theyre a good example and they unite people, its not really a pathetic excuse, and how are you planning to get rid of them exactly? they still have all the powers, the queen could take all the powers from parliment if she wanted, although i do think that they take too much of tax payers money, who needs that much money to live off?
I just think that theyre a good example and they unite people, its not really a pathetic excuse, and how are you planning to get rid of them exactly? they still have all the powers, the queen could take all the powers from parliment if she wanted, although i do think that they take too much of tax payers money, who needs that much money to live off?

Why is it that people need the monarchy to unite people? I'm quite happy to be proud of living in Britain without needing the monarchy to unite me with my fellow citizens. There are plenty of other things to be proud to be a part of in this country. For me, the monarchy is simply a reminder of Britain's imperialistic past. Although I don't blame the current royal family for the actions of those in the past, I do think that people's opinions on the matter should at least be acknowledged. (E.g. the kohinoor diamond)

Tax payers money which could be much better spent on health services, education and all round efforts to improve the lives of many people in this country. We're far from equal, and the monarchy just encourages and reinforces inequality in my opinion.
Reply 6
Why is it that people need the monarchy to unite people? I'm quite happy to be proud of living in Britain without needing the monarchy to unite me with my fellow citizens. There are plenty of other things to be proud to be a part of in this country. For me, the monarchy is simply a reminder of Britain's imperialistic past. Although I don't blame the current royal family for the actions of those in the past, I do think that people's opinions on the matter should at least be acknowledged. (E.g. the kohinoor diamond)

Tax payers money which could be much better spent on health services, education and all round efforts to improve the lives of many people in this country. We're far from equal, and the monarchy just encourages and reinforces inequality in my opinion.

Because sadly there is segregation in this country. I also think the royal family have come a long way and are more modernised, i love prince harry :smile:
I agree with you. The monarchy reinforces inequality and publicly displays how some people are superior to others simply due to the family they were born in. Protesting against it is a waste of time; many influential people support the monarchy and the Royal Family.

My advice would be to ignore it. If you wish to, watch them engage in this idiocy and laugh.
Reply 8
Original post by Omniscience
I agree with you. The monarchy reinforces inequality and publicly displays how some people are superior to others simply due to the family they were born in. Protesting against it is a waste of time; many influential people support the monarchy and the Royal Family.

My advice would be to ignore it. If you wish to, watch them engage in this idiocy and laugh.

Or move to France/America.
Reply 9
Original post by Miza

This video pretty much sums it up for me - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VH8_ycGjTfA&feature=g-all-lik

I stopped the video at the point he said "before I tell you about my foughts". What a ****ing retard.

So the whole queen thing has gone over your head. Who cares. You'll want to get rid of all the beefeaters next and those silly hats the guards wear because they're oppressing you.
The Monarchy is a fantastic institution that does a hell of a lot for this country and long may they continue! God Save the Queen! God Save the British Empire!

If you want the UK to turn into another boring republic like France or the USA, then, like Gemnomnom said, move there.

That guy on the video is a strange one.

Rule Britannia! Britannia Rule the Waves!
Monarchists Never Will Be Slaves!
Reply 11
Original post by StartingTheParty
The Monarchy is a fantastic institution that does a hell of a lot for this country and long may they continue! God Save the Queen! God Save the British Empire!

If you want the UK to turn into another boring republic like France or the USA, then, like Gemnomnom said, move there.

That guy on the video is a strange one.

Rule Britannia! Britannia Rule the Waves!
Monarchists Never Will Be Slaves!

I agree but the British Empire doesnt exist anymore, it ended in 1997 when we decided to give Hong Kong back to China, and also noone should be slaves so i dont understand your last statement
I agree but the British Empire doesnt exist anymore, it ended in 1997 when we decided to give Hong Kong back to China, and also noone should be slaves so i dont understand your last statement

The legacy of the Empire still exists in that there are things which are still owed to other countries.
D: How does supporting the Queen make me stupid/ignorant/easy? Get over yourself, I CHOOSE to support her, regardless of what anyone says. I think Britain is very lucky to still have a monarchy, and the Queen's a fantastic figurehead for the country. Just look at the crowd that gathered for the Royal Wedding! Was that not utterly fantastic? Hundreds and hundreds of people uniting together to celebrate William and Kate? We should be encouraging this sort of behaviour, not trying to get rid of it on the words of some miserable sods, if we want this country to stand strong.
Reply 14
The legacy of the Empire still exists in that there are things which are still owed to other countries.

Yes i know, like we still own the fawklands, although the argentinians like the disagree, but officially it does not exist anymore
Reply 15
Im guessing you haven't seen the videos of harry swearing, calling sleeping Pakistani in an airport "dead Pakis" every one is just so sheepish it makes me ashamed to be associated with humans like you. Any one who believes that the monarch is a good idea is stupid. That is not a factual opinion, that is fact whether you like it or not

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
(edited 11 years ago)
I made it 2 minutes 30 seconds into that video before I had to give up, so sorry if he started becoming coherent and intelligent after that point.

I fully support the royal family, not least because it's what the majority of people want and we do live in a democracy after all :wink:

Not to mention the tradition and history of the whole institution, the unique status they bring to the UK, the tourism they bring the work they do overseas as ambassadors of the UK....

I pity the OP. You will be a lot happier in life if you spend your time trying to understand the world and why people do things rather than channelling all that energy as anger and dismissing the world as ignorant.
Everyone is saying what I think so, i'll just just say that I'm also sick of the BBC's footage of the jubilee. Why is it that we need reminding 300 times every hour?? I'm sick of hearing TV presenters and Newsreaders acting like we're all excited. IT'S NOT NEWS. There are other things happening in the world that are more important!!

In my opinion the Royal Family are just reminders of England's Imperialist past
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by jblackmoustache
Everyone is saying what I think so, i'll just just say that I'm also sick of the Beebs footage of the jubilee. Why is it that we need reminding 300 times every hour?? I'm sick of hearing TV presenters and Newsreaders acting like we're all excited. IT'S NOT NEWS. There are other things happening in the world that are more important!!

I agree. I think it's disgraceful how TV channels are capitalising on all of this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending