The Student Room Group

Topless This Summer?

Scroll to see replies

Just do it, christ it's only boobs. Britain is filled with people who are secretly over sexualised yet also prudes. Europe is generally more relaxed with the issue. I don't see why the human body is so shameful for some people. Just be discreet about it to avoid offending aforementioned people and you will be fine.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
i have sunbathed topless before...don't see the fuss about it:rolleyes:
i wouldn't because i care more about that kind of privacy than tan lines... i hate how it feels when an old pervy man leers at me in my bikini... that would be a million times worse topless...

def not in greece... i think the men there may come second to turkish in terms of europe...
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by SquaredCircle
A lot of the male antagonism is to do with women having confidence in themselves and their body. It is very difficult for men to treat topless women as people rather than sex objects. Rather than confront their shallowness they dislike topless woman who make them feel uncomfortable about their internal monologue. Also a lot of men sulk at the thought of these naked pretty girls not having sex with them which manifests itself as hatred and unbridled sexism.

Which is all very ironic when you consider the normal misogynistic response to seeing BREASTS would be lusting like a wild pack of dogs.

There is not much more than this to say for the thread.
Reply 204
Original post by barnetlad
A group of women in New York seem to have no problem, even though some 'gentlemen' there do.

http://coedtoplesspulpfiction.wordpress.com/

It doesn't even look that hot, dont see why one woman there was completely naked lmao. I don't believe the vagina needs a sun tan.....
So, one year on, has anyone's opinion or experience changed? Those of you who have been to the seaside in the UK or on holiday abroad, have you sunbathed topless, or not?
No, not disgusting.
A lot of women go topless around pools in continental Europe, so it's definitely not weird nor disgusting.
Haha, well we live and learn
(edited 3 years ago)
I think that most people's view of Kate did not change as a result of the topless pictures. They were more likely to change their view on the person who took the photo, or for women the possibility of being photographed themselves (say by a smartphone) may mean they do not sunbathe topless.

In this current weather in the UK, summer seems a long way off.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 210
Surely out of respect to your '"friends" that are like ewww no way we're taking our tops, you will keep your tops on.
Reply 211
Just do it. YOLO as the yoofs say.
Seeing as we have just had a thread about changing room modesty, perhaps we should revive this thread to ask if everyone has been as reserved/covered up on holiday, or not.
Reply 213
So who actually went topless in the end?
Anyone going to share holiday pics?:colondollar:
I wish us girls could be topless like men are when just walking down the road. I don't want tan lines!
Original post by keeef
So who actually went topless in the end?
Anyone going to share holiday pics?:colondollar:

I've a feeling they won't share photos. Keep dreaming!
Double D
I've been in Scandinavian same sex saunas, and on campsites, in the arctic at -30, where you run outside butt naked and jump in the snow, or you can be just walking past and there will be naked peoples stood outside having a fag. If youre not nude you get noticed more than if you are. Or someone might ask why you are wearing shorts.
[Err Because Im British! doesnt work]
My advice. Go with the crowd on this one.
(edited 6 years ago)
I wonder if Instagram or other photo sharing sites make a difference as to whether or not a woman sunbathes topless.
On the couple of times I have been in a hotel with a rooftop pool, there have been more women who have sunbathed topless. Maybe this is because no-one can photograph them without them knowing.
Definitely go topless, no need to even ask :thumbsup:

Quick Reply

Latest