Turn on thread page Beta

General Election (UK-Learning Style) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    If you were 18 (or are over 18 now) who would you vote for in the next election and why?

ReputationRep:
    So UKL style means no private ballot?

ReputationRep:
    What a coincidence that the poll colours for Labour, Tories and the LibDems are red, blue and yellow.

Anyway, yeah, I thought it would be more interesting if we see who's voting for what.

ReputationRep:
    anybody apart from Blair.

ReputationRep:
    Lib Dem's. Simple

ReputationRep:
    Undecided between Conservatives and Labour :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Is there really a uk pensioners party?

ReputationRep:
    I agree with dude, anyone but Blaire. The current government sucks ass, and needs a wake up call, I mena invading iraq, even against the united Nations ruling, how stupid is that. Christ, they may as well drop a bomb in france for all it does, when the war broke out, I thoguht there might be a third world war (who am I kiding, no one would side with iraq, iraq sucks ass man)/

ReputationRep:
    Right now, the Greens, why not. The big three are unworthy of my vote. Shame the colour for the Greens is blue, seems the big three got preferential treatment in the poll...

Maybe later the Conservatives will return to their former glory, but right now their recovery is not enough that they'd win my vote.

ReputationRep:
    hehe, two of the so-called moderates on the forum, bigcnee and kildare are the only ppl to have registered support for the communist party and the BNP respectively. extremists in sheeps clothing or is this just abit of irish indifference?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    hehe, two of the so-called moderates on the forum, bigcnee and kildare are the only ppl to have registered support for the communist party and the BNP respectively. extremists in sheeps clothing or is this just abit of irish indifference?
    I think it's the Guinness talking

Sire, Prolife? Turn-up for the books...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    Undecided between Conservatives and Labour :confused:
    think immigration, crime, NHS, terrorism and transport.

ReputationRep:
    I know and I want to join you but I'm still unsure whether we'd be better off living in a Tory run country.

And I'd want them to crack down on benefits and EEU university places.

ReputationRep:
    And then think Michael Howard.

ReputationRep:
    I daren't post...i fear being abused by vienna no matter what I say!

Anyway, I would vote Labour in the next General Election (which I should be 18 for!), because I think they have produced a strong economy and proven to be excellent in managing it. The recent policies introduced such as top-up fees and foundations hospitals are not about pumping more money into the public services but about combining reform with it.

The Conservative party (the only viable opposition) have been too opportunistic for me and although they stated certain beliefs in Howards Creed they seem to have already contridicted them.
    Their polcies of cutting taxes yet spending on public services (at least same amount I think) do not seem to cohere and the claim they will solve it through 'beaucracy cuts' is claimed by many an opposition and it never proves to happen.

ReputationRep:
    LIBERAL DEMOCRATS Although Kennedy isn't exactly the most eccentric and best leader - we need a change - anything is better than the Conservatives, don't ask me to explain why - but i can't stand them (What exactly is Howard going on about? He's losing ground!). As for our current government need i say more?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    LIBERAL DEMOCRATS Although Kennedy isn't exactly the most eccentric and best leader - we need a change - anything is better than the Conservatives, don't ask me to explain why - but i can't stand them (What exactly is Howard going on about? He's losing ground!). As for our current government need i say more?
    I think Labour are doing better than the Lib Dems could ever offer. At least we still have a successful economy, we don't know what the Libs want to do with that. Though I do support the old penny extra of tax...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XTinaA)
    I think Labour are doing better than the Lib Dems could ever offer. At least we still have a successful economy, we don't know what the Libs want to do with that. Though I do support the old penny extra of tax...
    As long as the Liberal Democrats brush up on a few of their policies - things look promising!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    As long as the Liberal Democrats brush up on a few of their policies - things look promising!
    brush up???! There policies are that of a 3rd party - willing to offering anything to gain some votes, many of there 'funding' for them is completely non existent.

They also have Charles Kennedy as a leader, he is considered a joke in the Commons, and is not a good public speaker and lacks any personality/charisma - this is the man you want to represent the UK people and the UK on a world stage? I think not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    brush up???! There policies are that of a 3rd party - willing to offering anything to gain some votes, many of there 'funding' for them is completely non existent.

They also have Charles Kennedy as a leader, he is considered a joke in the Commons, and is not a good public speaker and lacks any personality/charisma - this is the man you want to represent the UK people and the UK on a world stage? I think not.
    Well who do you suggest? Howard is a joke, as for Mr Blair - i take back all the credible things i've said about him!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.