Turn on thread page Beta

General Election (UK-Learning Style) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Personally i'd have to vote labour.. because the green party won't do soo well even though i'd largely support them if there was any chance of them winning! lib's are full of crap, tories speak out of their arses and bnp... can't i'm half croatian... and completely disagree with some of their ideas... and the others are unknowns!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    If you're a lefty.
    hmm, im beginning to fear i am, though i have some pretty right wing ideals... im just a political freak

ReputationRep:
    The Lib Dems offered everyone a policy they could never implement if they got into power just so they could attract the youth vote...

They tell you what you want to hear and end up allying with the government, they are Parliament's ****s.
    You're simply annoyed Labour isn't everyone's popular choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    To hell with Labour, I voted Green! I think I'll end up a blue anyway if they try to centre themselves a bit. Otherwise seeing as Labour are now right of centre...

ReputationRep:
    eagerly await your reply on the cannabis thread miss smile.

ReputationRep:
    The Lib Dems offered everyone a policy they could never implement if they got into power just so they could attract the youth vote...

They tell you what you want to hear and end up allying with the government, they are Parliament's ****s.
    But Edwina Curry was a conservative??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    Ok for example lets take the nazi rocket scientist, i forget name, who helped build nasa and the apollo projects.... No one can say he was stupid but he may have been a blatant racist
    OK well I guess that could be the case if you split intelligence up into different categories like "social intelligence" (which the BNP don't have) and "mathematical intellignce".. in which case someone could have one without the other.

ReputationRep:
    For me it was always a choice between Lib Dem and Labour. Voted Labour in here. Not sure how I'm going to vote in the next general election though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aaarrrggh)
    But Edwina Curry was a conservative??
    I don't mean in the literal sense dammit! Don't put a picture of old people in my head please!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle)
    OK well I guess that could be the case if you split intelligence up into different categories like "social intelligence" (which the BNP don't have) and "mathematical intellignce".. in which case someone could have one without the other.
    I do have to say I agree with Munie on this one. I was being lazy before I think. For example, I know many intelligent people who are religious. I tend to believe this is because they simply refuse to apply their intelligence to their relgious beliefs, simply because they find religion reasuring. That's how some very intelligent people can believe in some very irrational concepts.

ReputationRep:
    I don't mean in the literal sense dammit! Don't put a picture of old people in my head please!
    I wonder what her and john major having sex looked like? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I do have to say I agree with Munie on this one. I was being lazy before I think. For example, I know many intelligent people who are religious. I tend to believe this is because they simply refuse to apply their intelligence to their relgious beliefs, simply because they find religion reasuring. That's how some very intelligent people can believe in some very irrational concepts.
    Ya i still don't get how people can be religious....... if you believe everything you read you might as well just believe the bnp website.... lol aaarrrggh this will get them going haha

ReputationRep:
    Religion is completley different. Religous people would argue that they see evidence for their faith every day in nature. In which case its a completley intelligent assumption. Where do racists draw their evidence from?

ReputationRep:
    Good god, y'all! Don't do that!

ReputationRep:
    and i wouldn't like to actually imagine that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    Ya i still don't get how people can be religious....... if you believe everything you read you might as well just believe the bnp website.... lol aaarrrggh this will get them going haha
    lmao this thread is just getting warmed up...

ReputationRep:
    Miss, your constant support and cries of 'VOTE LIB DEM' are all well and good, and I welcome you to voice your opinion.
    However, myself and others have challanged your views and every time you FAIL to respond or even just lay out why you think the Liberal Democracts are the best party and should be in government.

So until you can be bothered to justify a viewpoint then I think you should not voice it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle)
    Religion is completley different. Religous people would argue that they see evidence for their faith every day in nature. In which case its a completley intelligent assumption. Where do racists draw their evidence from?
    The argument rascists have makes as much sense as any religious argument I've ever heard. Ie - It's completely irrational and based largely on ignorance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    That's silly. The religious do not believe everything they read. It's a stupid notion.

The religious just choose to put blind faith in a deity there is no proof of. Just because there is no proof of something doesn't mean the intelligent would automatically dismaiss it as wrong. I'm not religious myself as I choose not to have a belief on god, but others who are intelligent don't have to be secular.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    Miss, your constant support and cries of 'VOTE LIB DEM' are all well and good, and I welcome you to voice your opinion.
    However, myself and others have challanged your views and every time you FAIL to respond or even just lay out why you think the Liberal Democracts are the best party and should be in government.

So until you can be bothered to justify a viewpoint then I think you should not voice it.
    I already made it clear Mr that Labours policies are laughable. I think anything is better than Labour. We need a change and their vision is better. Eliminate Kennedy and replace him with someone more eccentric - and the Liberal Democrats should be fine.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.