Turn on thread page Beta

General Election (UK-Learning Style) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aaarrrggh)
    The argument rascists have makes as much sense as any religious argument I've ever heard. Ie - It's completely irrational and based largely on ignorance.
    EXACTLY, science makes a new discovery and some how religous people go " praise the lord he is the one behind the complexities of life"

The scriptures and bibles are just words written by humans. They are stories. The evidence is nowhere, just like for racism, THEY ARE BOTH BLIND FEELINGS.,..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    Ya i still don't get how people can be religious....... if you believe everything you read you might as well just believe the bnp website.... lol aaarrrggh this will get them going haha
    I'm not even going to dicuss religion with you both, since you are proberly completeled uninformed and lack sufficient knowledge to debate it properly.

Dealing with your question earlier - you can be a current wealthy person yet believe in Communism, you can not be a communist in a capitalist society and political belief is something of principal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    That's silly. The religious do not believe everything they read. It's a stupid notion.

The religious just choose to put blind faith in a deity there is no proof of. Just because there is no proof of something doesn't mean the intelligent would automatically dismaiss it as wrong. I'm not religious myself as I choose not to have a belief on god, but others who are intelligent don't have to be secular.
    That's my point though. It's an intelligent thing to be secular, but for some reason many intelligent people are not.

ReputationRep:
    If every non Brit was meant to leave the country only a yorkshireman and his dog would be remaining on this island!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    I already made it clear Mr that Labours policies are laughable. I think anything is better than Labour. We need a change.
    Labours policies laughable? Please outline the Lib Dem's key policies for me, and also how you will fund them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    I already made it clear Mr that Labours policies are laughable. I think anything is better than Labour. We need a change.
    The policies are laughable? All of them? And do the Lib Dems not have laughable policies too? Anyone can laugh at another's policies, doesn't mean they're wrong or you can force whatever's right upon people.

ReputationRep:
    The argument rascists have makes as much sense as any religious argument I've ever heard. Ie - It's completely irrational and based largely on ignorance.
    You can't seriously be comparing religion to racism?!?!?!

So your suggesting that 99 per cent of the population are not intelligent? (pretty facsist view don't ya think!?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    I'm not even going to dicuss religion with you both, since you are proberly completeled uninformed and lack sufficient knowledge to debate it properly.

Dealing with your question earlier - you can be a current wealthy person yet believe in Communism, you can not be a communist in a capitalist society and political belief is something of principal.
    Feel free to discuss religion with me in as much detail as you would like. One thing I'd hate to be accused of is ignorance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    If every non Brit was meant to leave the country only a yorkshireman and his dog would be remaining on this island!!!!
    Actually, only the Welsh would survive. The other Brits are Romans!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle)

So your suggesting that 99 per cent of the population are not intelligent? (pretty facsist view don't ya think!?)
    I'm only saying that religious arguments make as much logical sense as rascist arguments (ie, none at all). I am not saying religious people are rascist by defintion.

ReputationRep:
    That's my point though. It's an intelligent thing to be secular, but for some reason many intelligent people are not.
    Why is it an intelligent thing to be secular? It's entirely down to belief, not knowledge or intelligence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)

You should stop thinking you are better then people you don't even know, just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I am informed. It just means that what you think is fact I think is fake and written by opium smoking losers 2000 years ago.

As well, if you are a wealthy person who is a communist you are stupid. Or you really hate being wealthy and wanna share your house with lazy people who want everything in society to come easily

ReputationRep:
    Why is it an intelligent thing to be secular? It's entirely down to belief, not knowledge or intelligence.
    I think it does have a large amount to do with knowledge and intelligence however.

ReputationRep:
    I think it does have a large amount to do with knowledge and intelligence however.
    Why? It's religion. It's belief.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle)

Elle my whole point was that while religion in itself is certainly a stupid thing, many religious people are not actually stupid. That was my point - just like many nazi's during Hitlers regime were intelligent people in most other areas, they were also incredibly rascist. This is why I think it's better to label rascist people as 'ignorant', rather than 'stupid'. The very same thing applies to religious people, although 'weak', would also be relevant to them.

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one laughing at this? you are proving arrggh right. He is saying there is no argument for being religious just as there is no argument for racism. However, you say it is a belief and not asscoiated with intelligence but 10 minutes ago ppl were calling racists "stupid"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I am informed.
    Oops!

(Original post by MuniE)
    As well, if you are a wealthy person who is a communist you are stupid.
    Maybe not communist but left-wing would work.

ReputationRep:
    Why? It's religion. It's belief.
    Because the intelligent would rather know than believe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    You should stop thinking you are better then people you don't even know, just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I am informed. It just means that what you think is fact I think is fake and written by opium smoking losers 2000 years ago.

As well, if you are a wealthy person who is a communist you are stupid. Or you really hate being wealthy and wanna share your house with lazy people who want everything in society to come easily
    This isn't a religious thread, so we should get off the subject. I don't claim to be better than you (although I can see it was accidently implied). It is just the people who criticise religion tend to be not very informed about the matter.

Communism can be believed in principal regardless of your current wealth/status, you can think society would be better under a communist system it doesn't require you to be in povety.

ReputationRep:
    Oops!

Maybe not communist but left-wing would work.
    ill agree with that, my sister is left wing, don't know how that happened

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.