Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    Well who do you suggest? Howard is a joke, as for Mr Blair - i take back all the credible things i've said about him!
    Explain your problems with Mr Blair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    Explain your problems with Mr Blair.
    And you are a supporter of Mr Blair?

ReputationRep:
    And you are a supporter of Mr Blair?
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    Yes.
    Then you'll get over him soon too.

ReputationRep:
    Then you'll get over him soon too.
    Fine, i'll ignore your opinions from now on since you refuse to justify them.

ReputationRep:
    Well who do you suggest? Howard is a joke, as for Mr Blair - i take back all the credible things i've said about him!
    up the lib dems i say - come on Kennedy - u ginger revelation

ReputationRep:
    V. briefly - am tired, had 7 lessons today and now have a terrible headache: Despite all the slating he's recieved recently i still refused to see him in a negative light. Yet today - i've realised that - okay politicians lie it's too be expected - but he really has gone too far. I have no faith in him - he's definitly untrustworthy (also arrogant, it frustrates me how he didn't get any of the blame regarding the Hutton enquiry - also the fact he refuses to accept that he might be wrong - ever). As for his policies, i think they're worse than the Lib Dems. In fact sometimes with him trying to maintain credibility - you actually wonder, does he care at all about the state of this country? I can understand why party members resent him.

ReputationRep:
    V. briefly - am tired, had 7 lessons today and now have a terrible headache: Despite all the slating he's recieved recently i still refused to see him in a negative light. Yet today - i've realised that - okay politicians lie it's too be expected - but he really has gone too far. I have no faith in him - he's definitly untrustworthy (also arrogant, it frustrates me how he didn't get any of the blame regarding the Hutton enquiry - also the fact he refuses to accept that he might be wrong - ever). As for his policies, i think they're worse than the Lib Dems. In fact sometimes with him trying to maintain credibility - you actually wonder, does he care at all about the state of this country? I can understand why party members resent him.
    good evening - two of my favourite people in one room - that is good luck - how are u feeling Alee? just got in and received the message - Bliar must go - the bloody spy!!! His policies are hapless and half baked because he has both his eyes up Bush's ass - or he wants to run for president - or he wants to rule iraq - anything but this god forsaken country

ReputationRep:
    Woah, that was brief?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    Woah, that was brief?
    There's far more i can say - that was the briefest it could get.

ReputationRep:
    Go ahead - be verbose - express urself free of constriction

ReputationRep:
    Well, you need to express yourselves, you arty farty types not like us scientists (or social scientists)...

He just wants to be the first president of Europe. Maybe a bad exaggeration but I think he's a creep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurdt Morello)
    good evening - two of my favourite people in one room - that is good luck - how are u feeling Alee?
    Who's the other favourite person? lol. As for the latest misfortune concerning Blair - it makes me laugh. Mind you I'm not keen on Claire Short either. Grrr don't get me started.

ReputationRep:
    Who's the other favourite person? lol. As for the latest misfortune concerning Blair - it makes me laugh. Mind you I'm not keen on Claire Short either. Grrr don't get me started.
    i dont mind - corey is another favourite - but i like u better cos ur a member of the opposite sex - easier to flirt with girls u see! Short - i dunno - seems to me that she is either self-promoting or being the standard bearer for truth and justice - take ur pick - but dont go down the tabloid hate route!

ReputationRep:
    Ok to deal with both of your posts and present my view on why I still support Blair.

Waiting2smile, you bring up the Hutton Enquiry and how you think it terrible that he didn't get any of the blame? I understand that as it was widely said by the media that he would, however just because you didnt the outcome you wanted (or expected) does not mean that the outcome is wrong. If you doubt the outcome you doubt the whole judical system and should therefore doubt all forms of justice in the country.

A politican, admit he is wrong? Well obviously that will never happen a politician does not admit he is wrong because he always does what he thinks is right! Any thing that goes wrong was never in the intended plan and would you realistically admit your mistakes (which will cost you votes) to the electorate - I think not.

The Lib Dems have unrealistic policies in monetary terms as I have already stated. Also, taking for example there University reform which is the abolition of tutition fees which is stupid -> very high cost to maintain and will inevitably lead to the reduction in people at university which could have detrimental effects on the economies economic growth etc.
    Alongside this problem for adding up costs for their 'policies', how could we trust them with our economy? They have a very different viewpoint to Labour on the economy and Labour have proven to be effective with the economy (breaking boom-bust cycle etc)

Labour is caring about the state of the country for the first time they are tackling key issues such as university funding, NHS, citizenship and consitutional reform. They have delivered constitutional reform and will soon have got rid of the archaic herdiatary peers in the HoL and they are pumping money into the public services BUT alongside that they are emphasising reform rather than just pumping money and expecting the system to fix itself i.e foundations hospitals.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's obvious Mr Bliar should have recieved some form of responsibility over Dr Kelly's death. And the impression i recieved from the media was that they too were expecting him as per usual to escape. It wasn't a surprise that he didn't.

As for admitting to faults. When it's clear you're wrong, it's cowardly glossing it over.

Too tired to argue...but your own reasons seem sound, except the fact i disagree with them all.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's obvious Mr Bliar should have recieved some form of responsibility over Dr Kelly's death. And the impression i recieved from the media was that they too were expecting him impression as per usual to escape. It wasn't a surprise that he didn't.

As for admitting to faults. When it's clear you're wrong, it's cowardly glossing it over.

Too tired to argue...but your own reasons seem sound, except the fact i disagree with them all.
    Thats politics for you! I have to be abused for my views every day from my Conservative politics teacher :mad:

ReputationRep:
    hey lets all be honest - politics blows - we'll be under Bliar until one of our generation kicks him out - ME of course - as Lib Dem leader in opposition - Alee u can be the Deputy PM if u want

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    Thats politics for you! I have to be abused for my views every day from my Conservative politics teacher :mad:
    My history teacher is conservative. Very annoying. Not that i hold anything against conservative surpporters (Alee you're such a bad liar!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurdt Morello)
    hey lets all be honest - politics blows - we'll be under Bliar until one of our generation kicks him out - ME of course - as Lib Dem leader in opposition - Alee u can be the Deputy PM if u want
    Shh...im going to be doing politics as part of my degree! It certainly better now 'blow'

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 12, 2004
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.