The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA German Exam - 18.6.12

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Bear in mind that Jun 2010 was so low because it was the first time the exam was sat, so people didn't know much about its style.

Other questions of note:

It was a 1 in english for her first time
The guy liked driving fast cars, but the girl hated it since it polluted the environment
The guy wanted to go to the beach and would find the money somehow
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 61
Urgghhh I felt so prepared and then went in and made so many stupid mistakes hoping for low grade boundaries :frown:
Original post by mrdw
i hope so too :frown: i put he like driving cars but someone thought it was polluting the air with fumes

yeah I understood that the girl said something about polluting the air so I guessed that his hobby was driving cars! Not convinced it was though :s-smilie:

Original post by lhj15196
It was tricky, but not nearly as bad as i was expecting, and i want to do it next year too (:
Yeah i guessed that one, i said he thought it was boring and a waste of time. They should be quite low!

Ah awesome - *high fives* What are you predicted for GCSE German?
I guessed that one too, I hope they're low! :lol:
Reply 63
Original post by shmuxel
Bear in mind that Jun 2010 was so low because it was the first time the exam was sat, so people didn't know much about its style.

Other questions of note:

It was a 1 in english for her first time
The guy liked driving fast cars, but the girl hated it since it polluted the environment
The guy wanted to go to the beach and would find the money somehow

yeah but the jan 2012 listening was 31/40 for a*, so it must change quite a lot
For the higher listening paper, the grade boundaries for A* have fluctuated from 26/40 for an A* in 2009 to 35/40 for A* in jan 2011, and 36/40 in june 2011. Jan 2012 was 31/40.

:s-smilie: Could be worse, I guess...
Reply 65
Original post by thatgirlbecky
yeah I understood that the girl said something about polluting the air so I guessed that his hobby was driving cars! Not convinced it was though :s-smilie:

Ah awesome - *high fives* What are you predicted for GCSE German?
I guessed that one too, I hope they're low! :lol:

I'm predicted a* :/
in comparsion to past exams it seemed quite difficult so they should be low
Reply 66
Original post by frog69
i put that his hobby was driving really great cars but they polluted the environment

yh I said he liked driving, but the girl thought it was bad for the environment
Reply 67
At least it's no worth that much in comparison to course work
Reply 68
did people get; she plays for a football team, he thought it was ridiculous, and she said girls are better then boys?
Reply 69
Original post by mrdw
did people get; she plays for a football team, he thought it was ridiculous, and she said girls are better then boys?

yeah i did (:
Reply 70
Original post by mrdw

Yep that's what I got
Original post by mrdw

I did...hopefully that's right!! :biggrin:

Although, I would like to say, was it just me, or was the voice for the girl a man speaking?
Reply 72
good :smile: i just guessed the last part cause she was a girl
Original post by CheeseLord
I did...hopefully that's right!! :biggrin:

Although, I would like to say, was it just me, or was the voice for the girl a man speaking?

Haha, I thought it was a man too- it was only at the second play through of the question where I realised it was a girl... :colondollar:
Just out of interest, what did you guys get for the questions about weight problems...I'm reasonably confident the first answer was 'she lost weight', but I kinda guessed 'he cannot control his diet', and 'he doesn't care' for the last part of the question.
Reply 75
Original post by shmuxel
How did everyone do on this paper?

I thought it was harder than usual, so hopefully should provide lower grade boundaries.

Notable Questions

Question 1: It was the castle, so was A
Question about 'Paul': Her brother told paul that she wanted him back
Question about looking for jobs: It was D and C - The van with a flower and the receptionist for a dentist
Question about Ulrike and her event: It was a 40th birthday (I completely missed the 40th bit)
Question about the father's hobby; He thought it was a waste of time (I wrote He thought it was not a waste of time :angry:)

Can't think of any more? Just ask if you can!

I'm fairly certain that the event was actually her 15th birthday... She said Fuenfzehn, not vierzig...
Reply 76
Original post by frog69
i thought the first questions was c because it said weihnachtsmarkt

They said they want to go to both the castle and the christmas shop.

He said that they'll go tomorrow to the castle, and then to the christmas shop. So the answer was A, the castle ('Schloss')
Reply 77
Obviously it's not easy to say, but anyone confident as to how this paper matched up to other past papers? Could go someway to giving us a clue to potential boundaries...

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 78
Original post by frog69
i put that his hobby was driving really great cars but they polluted the environment

I thought firstly

a) Book Collector
b) Car collector
c) It was the same...
Does anyone remember what they put for the question about what people do to keep environmentally friendly? The first guy said something about only using "Pfandflasche"- which I guess are those returnable bottles where you get your deposit back, but I didn't see any options for that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending