Edinburgh v. Manchester (international relations MA taught) - What to choose?

    • Thread Starter

    Hello. I am an Israeli student and I have been accepted for an MA/MSc in international Relations both in Edinburgh and Manchester.
    I know that Edinburgh as a university has a better reputation as an intitution and a higher rank, but I am really unsure which of the two to pick.
    I will also mention that I am bringing my girlfriend with me and she will be looking for a job in the private sector, preferably in business, trade or tourism.

    Which university has a better IR program? Which city offers a better package for a student couple, considering the fact that we will be living in private acommodation (we're bringing a pet with us)? We are not party animals but we do like to go out to pubs every once in a while.

    I would appreciate your input, especially if you are familiar with both cities and/or institutions.

    Thank you,

    Edinburgh is a very popular with tourists so your girl friend may find a job there. I'm not sure about the IR course. But the University of Edinburgh is among the best in the country. It is ranked among top 5 according to QS and Times Higher Education.

    This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 5, 2012
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Tea vs coffee

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.