AQA Law Unit 4 Watch

Theturnbull9
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey guys,

Not found a thread for the AQA Law Unit 4 exam on the 22nd of June so I thought I'd make one. How is everyone getting on with their revision? I have a week off now which I'm sure most of you have, so I hope to make the most of this week!

Worst part of this paper has to be the Concepts. Section A will my strongest section just hope I don't fluff up Section B.

Feel free to post any model answers to section B & Good luck to all sitting A Level & AS Level exams in the next couple of weeks!

Short term effort for long term success!
Martha=help pls
Badges: 0
Report 6 years ago
Hey,
Wow, I have actually started to freak out! Mainly for Section B. I think Section A won't be too much of a hassle as long as we remember all the possible cases and all, but section B is really worrying me the most! =s Which topics are you revising for Concepts of Law and do you have any clue as to how to answer a question in this section?...I am very confused AHHH! Lets hope the paper is a good one =]
Jellybeany
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
This thread needs to be more active!!

If in answering a question about just negligence do I apply duty/breach/causation in as much detail as in unit 2? :/

This confuses me. I'm okay with OLA nuisance defences remedies vicarious...

Any help would be good!!!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Theturnbull9
Rep:
?
(Original post by Martha=help pls)
Hey,
Wow, I have actually started to freak out! Mainly for Section B. I think Section A won't be too much of a hassle as long as we remember all the possible cases and all, but section B is really worrying me the most! =s Which topics are you revising for Concepts of Law and do you have any clue as to how to answer a question in this section?...I am very confused AHHH! Lets hope the paper is a good one =]
Hey!

I'm doing Law + Morality, Fault and Judicial Creativity. Hopefully Fault will come up this year it wasn't on last years. But apparently it doesn't follow a pattern! :/
Theturnbull9
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jellybeany)

If in answering a question about just negligence do I apply duty/breach/causation in as much detail as in unit 2? :/

Hello!

I'm not sure, I don't study Negligence only Offences against property.

Perhaps the second person to post on this thread may be able to help you1
Martha=help pls
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Theturnbull9)
Hey!

I'm doing Law + Morality, Fault and Judicial Creativity. Hopefully Fault will come up this year it wasn't on last years. But apparently it doesn't follow a pattern! :/
I'm not sure to be honest what I want to come up...I suppose Fault may be easier to answer - not like Law and Morality/Law and Justice - but you're right...there is no pattern =/ If they were to ask a question on fault, would it be asked similar to what they have asked in the past?
Martha=help pls
Report 6 years ago

Hello!

I'm not sure, I don't study Negligence only Offences against property.

Perhaps the second person to post on this thread may be able to help you1
Hey, Sorry I also don't study Negligence. But I suppose you need to know some info from AS as a basic understanding and might have to go into some detail. However at A2 level, what the examiners want to see is that you are able to apply your knowledge to the scenario. Hope this helped a little. =)
Theturnbull9
Rep:
?
How are you guys revising for Law? Any techniques that you are using?
Jellybeany
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Do we need to know the whole case such as roles v nathan or just the first bit?

Martha=help pls
Report 6 years ago
How are you guys revising for Law? Any techniques that you are using?
So far I am only revising the cases and the basics such as what the actus reus and mens rea are..but thats it really. Just started last week on revising concepts of law by reading through it and making notes but this is where I get stuck...what am I supposed to know (if you get what I mean). How are you revising?
JessChappers01
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Iv not started revising law yet OR biology why are both exam clashed and on the same day i have an exam on mon so once thats out the way i can revise my butt off!
if anyone needs any help just ask because law is actually my strong subject
JessChappers01
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

I wouldnt say in as much detail as Unit 2 because there is so much to write about in this exam i wouldnt get bogged down with that..
I would personally just write a paragraph showing you explain the concepts, duty is owed, breach, causation.. then anouther paragraph applying them to the scenario (im talking teeny weeeny paragraphs about 3-4 lines) hope this helped!
Jellybeany
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yes thank you!!

AlexandraRose
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Does anyone have any idea or predictions what may appear in this paper?
There's so much to revise
Having a nightmare with this one!
Clare1994
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Really don't know what it is but have no motivation to revise law could just be because i know i would have to majorly duck up the exam to get lower than a B haha.
Meant to be aiming for an A but tbh i don't care as long as i get into uni haha.
And how could there possibly already been a pattern already there's only been like 3 papers or something on the new spec.
For section B we've looked at law+morals, Justice and balancing conflicting interests.
Law has come up in all three exams since the new spec and think law and morals came up twice. Teacher reckons morals is likely and balancing conflicting interests as that is yet to even come up at all.
Might not even revise justice don't even have a good answer for it at all the one i did was shocking and got 15/35 on the one my teacher made the class do
Martha=help pls
Report 6 years ago
That's the same here I am tempted in learning two very well. I'm thinking of Law and Morals and Fault...but what if neither come up?
And I really need a high A to be able to get into uni =s
At least you've done a paper. My teacher has BARELY taught us anything on this side so I am mega stuck as to what I am meant to be answering in this question and how to answer it....
AlexandraRose
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Im learning three, so at least one has to come up.
Hopefully law & morality, or judicial creativity.
But I only need a C in this exam, so I guess that's not too bad.
Clare1994
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Martha=help pls)
That's the same here I am tempted in learning two very well. I'm thinking of Law and Morals and Fault...but what if neither come up?
And I really need a high A to be able to get into uni =s
At least you've done a paper. My teacher has BARELY taught us anything on this side so I am mega stuck as to what I am meant to be answering in this question and how to answer it....
Oh dear most of my teachers teachings are paper based and look at the past papers and mark schemes on the aqa website they should help a bit
Clare1994
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by AlexandraRose)
Im learning three, so at least one has to come up.
Hopefully law & morality, or judicial creativity.
But I only need a C in this exam, so I guess that's not too bad.
i'm meant to learn all three but i really don't know how to do the justice essay and it's already come up in every paper since the new spec
Martha=help pls
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Clare1994)
Oh dear most of my teachers teachings are paper based and look at the past papers and mark schemes on the aqa website they should help a bit
Yeah I have been doing that quite a bit. I'm just wondering whether we need to know everything. You know how we can predict the kind of questions they may ask in unit 3 for reform. Would that be the same as it is for this section?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birkbeck, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day - Startford Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19
  • University of Wolverhampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (73)
16.01%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (46)
10.09%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (87)
19.08%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (64)
14.04%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (48)
10.53%
How can I be the best version of myself? (138)
30.26%

Watched Threads