Does the t.v show "the chase" have an audience?

Watch
dongonaeatu
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Because i always hear people laughing but i can never see an audience there? Have you ever seen an audience there and have you ever been to the show
TenOfThem
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Where would they sit

doesn't that wall go right the way round
dongonaeatu
Rep:
?
(Original post by TenOfThem)
Where would they sit

doesn't that wall go right the way round
who are laughing then
TenOfThem
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Canned Laughter, I assume
dongonaeatu
Rep:
?
(Original post by TenOfThem)
Canned Laughter, I assume
what is canned laughter
Innocent I
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi I have been on the chase and can assure you there is no audience , it's canned laughter . But on the celebrity shows there does appear to be an audience , the studio we went to was redding ton and other than what you see there are black walls all round , maybe these walls can be removed to enlarge the set ,
Samantha28
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi I just recently saw the chase. Bradley was amazingly funny!!! We also had an entertainer in between video shots. It was a brilliant evening lasting around 4 hours to complete the show. I can assure you there's an audience because we were in it! If you can get a ticket it's a must see!!!!!
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Laughter in a can
TheConfusedMedic
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
watching it right now lmao the lady just won £52,000
Spoiler:
Show
to answer your q, it doesn't seem like there is one but idk
Maid Marian
Badges: 20
Report 4 years ago
The celebrity shows have an audience but the peasant ones do not.

My cousins actually went to see the celebrity chase yesterday, they were in the front row:ahee:
AidenLloydJepsen
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No. It doesn't have an audience. I remember watching Play To The Whistle (I don't recommend it) where Richard Osman was making fun of what's his face because his show has no audience and lower viewing figures.

MarkT47
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I think it is canned laughter and applause, meaning it is a recording that is edited into the show. The only real audience The Chase is seen and heard is of the celebrity specials.
tdsing
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
how...where did u get a ticket please. i received free ones but theres no guarantee u get in .td
tdsing
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
hi
i got some free tickets from SRO but no guarantee will get in. where ...hiw did u get yours please. desp to take my mate .
tdsing
(Original post by Samantha28)
Hi I just recently saw the chase. Bradley was amazingly funny!!! We also had an entertainer in between video shots. It was a brilliant evening lasting around 4 hours to complete the show. I can assure you there's an audience because we were in it! If you can get a ticket it's a must see!!!!!
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
My friend was a contestant on it a few weeks ago
actrosman
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Yes I have seen audience but only on celebrity chase
ethan.p14
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by dongonaeatu)
what is canned laughter
Canned laughter is fake laughter they play over the recording of the show at the times they see makes the most sense, but they most likely have other tracks that sound different to keep the illusion alive that there is an audience rather than playing the same track as people would catch on to that much quicker.
bazhampstead
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Sorry, I don't know the answer either, however the applause ALWAYS sounds 'canned' and Brad never looks at or refers to an audience
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (87)
30.63%
Less motivated (197)
69.37%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed