Turn on thread page Beta

Clean sweep, 6/6, how many? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    107 actually. i did apply to lancaster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jack_ass)
    107 actually. i did apply to lancaster
    yeah but you could have applied to Durham or York Cambridge even if you tried.

ReputationRep:
    "I applied to Bristol but I didnt get in. Just because im from a public school"

i dislike it when people make offhand comments/excuses like that.

ReputationRep:
    those universities didnt appeal to me. i see no point in applying somewhere if you dont want to go there.

ReputationRep:
    i dislike it when people make offhand comments/excuses like that.[/QUOTE]

Well there is some truth in it. I mean with five A's what other reason do they have for turning me down. I'm all for people from comprehensives going to Uni, but not at my expense.

ReputationRep:
    those universities didnt appeal to me. i see no point in applying somewhere if you dont want to go there.
    What made you want to apply to Thames Valley though?

ReputationRep:
    "Well there is some truth in it. I mean with five A's what other reason do they have for turning me down. I'm all for people from comprehensives going to Uni, but not at my expense."

My friend Lila was the strongest candidate from our school (a state schhol) to get into Oxford - with exceptional grades and talents that extend beyond simply academic potenital - but she was rejected after an interview. She didn't make a comment about - people from private schools being chosen at her expense! She has been accepted by Bristol and St Andrews purely because of her potential.

ReputationRep:
    woo i found some one who gets me @ moog! yea lots of snobbery n stuff on here.

ReputationRep:
    "Well there is some truth in it. I mean with five A's what other reason do they have for turning me down. I'm all for people from comprehensives going to Uni, but not at my expense."
    Maybe you should take your head out of your arse?! If your personal statement was as arrogant as this im not surprised they rejected you! Or, they probably thought you were using them as a back up to oxbridge.

ReputationRep:
    I agree, there's an overwhelming sense of snobbery and rudeness on these forums.
    "I am the big I am" etc.

ReputationRep:
    And the snoberry is very overwhelming. Although i can see the sense in applying to reputable universities - as they are bound to be better at teaching/research etc. It's your education at the end of the day. What you feel is best counts the most.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sooo sorry. I suppose you're right, my mummy and Daddy went to Cambridge, that's where they met and fell in love, I guess i just wanted to follow in their footsteps, but they rejected me anyway. I've always been taught to aim high, and cambridge is the highest.

ReputationRep:
    I recieved 6 offers for multimedia computing related subjects, I only applied to three universities in Greater Manchester though and one of them wasn't even a proper university.

ReputationRep:
    wow this is jus like the western rebellion 1549 hahahahas

ReputationRep:
    lancaster
    thames valley
    paisley
    york st john
    lampeter
    liverpool hope

its for town n regional planning

i think lancaster might b my best bet but i dont really wanna go too far from home, so maybe stayin in london mite b best
    Out of that lot Lancaster is the best probal by far. I personaly wouldn't bother with places like TVU because the it may not be worth getting into debt for 3 years do what could be a substandard degree. Pasiley is also as bad as TVU.

What grades did are you looking to achieve?

ReputationRep:
    AABB i know u gna rant at me again about applying to rubbishy universities but ya know! i had all that jus before

ReputationRep:
    Ok so I appologise and no one takes any notice. Dont think ill bother next time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gracie Lou)
    Ok so I appologise and no one takes any notice. Dont think ill bother next time
    I accept your apology

ReputationRep:
    so ya should be Gracie looooo or whatever....your a big SNOB!! you should leave poor jack ass alone she can do whatever she likes whenever she wants...sothere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    I accept your apology
    Thank you, that means alot to me. Im sorry about your friend, i'm sure she'll do well wherever she goes

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.