Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
107 actually. i did apply to lancaster
Gracie Lou
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by jack_ass)
107 actually. i did apply to lancaster
yeah but you could have applied to Durham or York Cambridge even if you tried.
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
"I applied to Bristol but I didnt get in. Just because im from a public school"

i dislike it when people make offhand comments/excuses like that.
jack_ass
Report 16 years ago
those universities didnt appeal to me. i see no point in applying somewhere if you dont want to go there.
Gracie Lou
Report 16 years ago
i dislike it when people make offhand comments/excuses like that.[/QUOTE]

Well there is some truth in it. I mean with five A's what other reason do they have for turning me down. I'm all for people from comprehensives going to Uni, but not at my expense.
Gracie Lou
Report 16 years ago
those universities didnt appeal to me. i see no point in applying somewhere if you dont want to go there.
What made you want to apply to Thames Valley though?
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
"Well there is some truth in it. I mean with five A's what other reason do they have for turning me down. I'm all for people from comprehensives going to Uni, but not at my expense."

My friend Lila was the strongest candidate from our school (a state schhol) to get into Oxford - with exceptional grades and talents that extend beyond simply academic potenital - but she was rejected after an interview. She didn't make a comment about - people from private schools being chosen at her expense! She has been accepted by Bristol and St Andrews purely because of her potential.
jack_ass
Report 16 years ago
woo i found some one who gets me @ moog! yea lots of snobbery n stuff on here.
Moog
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
"Well there is some truth in it. I mean with five A's what other reason do they have for turning me down. I'm all for people from comprehensives going to Uni, but not at my expense."
Maybe you should take your head out of your arse?! If your personal statement was as arrogant as this im not surprised they rejected you! Or, they probably thought you were using them as a back up to oxbridge.
Peapod
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I agree, there's an overwhelming sense of snobbery and rudeness on these forums.
"I am the big I am" etc.
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
And the snoberry is very overwhelming. Although i can see the sense in applying to reputable universities - as they are bound to be better at teaching/research etc. It's your education at the end of the day. What you feel is best counts the most.
Gracie Lou
Report 16 years ago
I'm sooo sorry. I suppose you're right, my mummy and Daddy went to Cambridge, that's where they met and fell in love, I guess i just wanted to follow in their footsteps, but they rejected me anyway. I've always been taught to aim high, and cambridge is the highest.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I recieved 6 offers for multimedia computing related subjects, I only applied to three universities in Greater Manchester though and one of them wasn't even a proper university.
jack_ass
Report 16 years ago
wow this is jus like the western rebellion 1549 hahahahas
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
lancaster
thames valley
paisley
york st john
lampeter
liverpool hope

its for town n regional planning

i think lancaster might b my best bet but i dont really wanna go too far from home, so maybe stayin in london mite b best
Out of that lot Lancaster is the best probal by far. I personaly wouldn't bother with places like TVU because the it may not be worth getting into debt for 3 years do what could be a substandard degree. Pasiley is also as bad as TVU.

What grades did are you looking to achieve?
jack_ass
Report 16 years ago
AABB i know u gna rant at me again about applying to rubbishy universities but ya know! i had all that jus before
Gracie Lou
Report 16 years ago
Ok so I appologise and no one takes any notice. Dont think ill bother next time
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Gracie Lou)
Ok so I appologise and no one takes any notice. Dont think ill bother next time
I accept your apology
flo :-)
Report 16 years ago
so ya should be Gracie looooo or whatever....your a big SNOB!! you should leave poor jack ass alone she can do whatever she likes whenever she wants...sothere.
Gracie Lou
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by waiting2smile)
I accept your apology
Thank you, that means alot to me. Im sorry about your friend, i'm sure she'll do well wherever she goes
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (178)
46.23%
Take exams next summer (56)
14.55%
Change uni choice through clearing (92)
23.9%
Apply to uni next year instead (41)
10.65%
I'm not applying to university (18)
4.68%

Watched Threads