Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flo :-))
    so ya should be Gracie looooo or whatever....your a big SNOB!! you should leave poor jack ass alone she can do whatever she likes whenever she wants...sothere.
    She can do whatever she wants, but she shouldnt ruin her life, esp not to spite us SNOBs

ReputationRep:
    ofcourse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jack_ass)
    AABB i know u gna rant at me again about applying to rubbishy universities but ya know! i had all that jus before
    Erm with them grades you may be better of just getting a job than wasting time. I have a feeling some where like TVU you will feel that you are not being challanged and this is not a good feeling. Have you not though about places like Essex etc? TVU isn't actually in London despite what their fancy SW1 office post codes would suggest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flo :-))
    so ya should be Gracie looooo or whatever....your a big SNOB!! you should leave poor jack ass alone she can do whatever she likes whenever she wants...sothere.
    You need to be more coherent in expressing yourself. She's apologised already.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Erm with them grades you may be better of just getting a job than wasting time. I have a feeling some where like TVU you will feel that you are not being challanged and this is not a good feeling. Have you not though about places like Essex etc? TVU isn't actually in London despite what their fancy SW1 office post codes would suggest.
    I think "jack-ass" obviously put alot of thought into the subject, and personally I'd not spend 3 years somewhere where im not going to be happy! Every1 jus leave him alone!

I think he would enjoy his uni life where-ever he goes!

P.s. Congrats on getting ur offers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bOdOING2)
    I think "jack-ass" obviously put alot of thought into the subject, and personally I'd not spend 3 years somewhere where im not going to be happy! Every1 jus leave him alone!

I think he would enjoy his uni life where-ever he goes!

P.s. Congrats on getting ur offers!
    Yeah its up to him of course it is, I just hope he dosn't regret it thats all. I some times regret not accepting my offer of Computer Science at Salford as I think that have been more challanging than the course I am already on. I'm in the second year of uni now so it was 2002 when I got my offers .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DonnaB041986)
    seems theres a bit of a trend that several people doing maths got 6/6, maybe it shows how uncompetative maths applications are?
    Is it uncompetative? How is physics? Or math and econ?

ReputationRep:
    6/6 offers for geography and economics

ReputationRep:
    Congrats to all good luck with decision making

6/6 for Comp Sci

ReputationRep:
    4/4 for Vet Medicine/Science
    Unconditional for Rural Land Management
    and I withdrew from Zoology with Psychology at Bristol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leekey)
    6/6 for Comp Sci
    One of those is Manchester right?

ReputationRep:
    I only applied to 4 cos I was doing medicine and didn't want to go for anything else. Got in at 3 - Newcastle rejected me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tombraider)
    LSE - Anth
    UCL - Anth
    Manchester - Arch & Anth
    Durham - Arch & Anth
    Edinburgh - Arch & Anth
    I got offers from LSE and UCL for Anth.....

Were you at the UCL interview day then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Veedy)
    I received 6 offers for geography.
    Ooh well done! I want to study geog at uni (2005 entry). Where did you get offers from?

ReputationRep:
    6/6 offers for comp sci.

Imperial
    UCL
    Warwick
    Nottingham
    KCL
    Bath (Offered me after I withdrew 2 months earlier!)

(Original post by Icarus)
    One of those is Manchester right?
    Yep, and its sitting proudly in my firm choice at the moment!!! One day I will get bored of the Curry Mile, Manchester Academy and Deansgate Locks......could take a while though!!!

ReputationRep:
    6/6 for English Literature

Warwick
    York
    Southampton
    Exeter
    Manchester
    East Anglia

Now I just have to make up my mind which one to choose as firm :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I got 6 offers for Maths when I applied.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mentally Ill)
    I got offers from LSE and UCL for Anth.....

Were you at the UCL interview day then?
    Sorry, this is the Parental Unit asking on subject's behalf (who would be furious to learn it!)

But remain curious about the sheer inefficiency of a system which means some people get 6/6, presumably at the expense of others who get 0/6, and the vast amount of reconciliation that must take place at clearing. Surely they must get around to a "results before offers" system faster than they have been talking about?

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.