The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Biology BIOL4 and BIOL5

Scroll to see replies

Original post by louthelion
yeah I did, it wasn't too bad but could definitely have gone better I felt..oh thats so cool, did she help you with it then? Research methods is nasty haha its so boring :frown: ahh I actually can't wait to finish!!

yeah, it was okay, though i always feel like i could have answered better than i did. :C a bit yeah, but only the night before (but who am i kidding, that's the only time i revise anyway xP) nope, me neither! just gotta get through the next week, we'll be fine! :biggrin: x
Reply 21
Original post by ilovetosleep
yeah, it was okay, though i always feel like i could have answered better than i did. :C a bit yeah, but only the night before (but who am i kidding, that's the only time i revise anyway xP) nope, me neither! just gotta get through the next week, we'll be fine! :biggrin: x

yes, think positive and finish strong! :wink: best of luck! x
Reply 22
I am bricking it for Unit 5 :frown: Synoptic essays are a piece of piss but I can tell the rest of the exam will be a bitch D;
Reply 23
hey guys how did you find unit 4? I think we got a VERY good paper though some parts were hard, like question 7:frown:
Have a feeling grade boundaries will be sky high...
Reply 24
hey guys how did you find unit 4? I think we got a VERY good paper though some parts were hard, like question 7:frown:

yeah the grade boundaries will be high I reckon, and did anyone else find the photosynthesis questions about the chloroplasts with/without grana or ATP/reduced NADP ridiculously repetitive!?!? lmao
Reply 25
Original post by Alex J
yeah the grade boundaries will be high I reckon, and did anyone else find the photosynthesis questions about the chloroplasts with/without grana or ATP/reduced NADP ridiculously repetitive!?!? lmao

yeah, at first I thought there was a trick question sneaked in somewhere before giving up trying to find it and just answered the obvious haha. I'm gutted though that I ran out of time on q7 (did q8 first then went to the start)..have lost a good 8 marks there dammit. Oh well, it'll be a gap year for me!
Reply 26
Any ideas on what the grade boundaries will be? It's so hard to tell with biology.
Reply 27
yeah, at first I thought there was a trick question sneaked in somewhere before giving up trying to find it and just answered the obvious haha. I'm gutted though that I ran out of time on q7 (did q8 first then went to the start)..have lost a good 8 marks there dammit. Oh well, it'll be a gap year for me!

ah man that sucks :frown:

but all is not lost! I did something similar in January (did questions 1 to 6 then question 8 and went back only did half of question 7) and got 80/100. But yeah I know that feeling when you come out of an exam having not finished and its not a good one :frown:

but as I said, you never know! (plus question 7 was quite hard so people nationally will have dropped a few marks there anyway :smile: )
(edited 11 years ago)
Anyone posted an unofficial mark scheme yet? :smile:
Reply 29
Original post by Alex J
ah man that sucks :frown:

but all is not lost! I did something similar in January (did questions 1 to 6 then question 8 and went back only did half of question 7) and got 80/100. But yeah I know that feeling when you come out of an exam having not finished and its not a good one :frown:

but as I said, you never know! (plus question 7 was quite hard so people nationally will have dropped a few marks there anyway :smile: )

I suppose...anyway no use worrying about it! :smile:
Is there only 2 past papers for Biology 5? Is there no more anyone can access anywhere?! I've already done them both and 2 papers is not enough practice for me! :frown:
Reply 31
Original post by jodiedoodles
Is there only 2 past papers for Biology 5? Is there no more anyone can access anywhere?! I've already done them both and 2 papers is not enough practice for me! :frown:

you can get more from freeexampapers.com (very slow loading time) or xtremepapers.net, but theyre from the old spec, the relevant questions are scattered everywhere and their wording is too clear for the present standards of AQA and their questions imo aren't weird enough :tongue:, but theyre still good practise though and loads of synoptic essays are on there somewhere too, gotta look around a bit in the biology aqa folder

what was question 7 about again?

overall i thought it was okay... but then some parts i felt like i should really know but just couldn't get my head round in the exam. D: like.. the question about cellulose-digesting enzymes as pre-treatment or something? what was that about?
Reply 33
what was question 7 about again?

overall i thought it was okay... but then some parts i felt like i should really know but just couldn't get my head round in the exam. D: like.. the question about cellulose-digesting enzymes as pre-treatment or something? what was that about?

question 7 was the weird science application fuels question. What question was that with the cellulose enzymes?!:eek:
question 7 was the weird science application fuels question. What question was that with the cellulose enzymes?!:eek:

oh no that was the question i meant! it was something about ethanol is made by cellulose-based somethingsomethingsomething, why is there pre-treatment? do you remember it? it was in the biofuels section..! aaah it was all so bad xD
Reply 35
oh no that was the question i meant! it was something about ethanol is made by cellulose-based somethingsomethingsomething, why is there pre-treatment? do you remember it? it was in the biofuels section..! aaah it was all so bad xD

oh goodness I completely panicked on that question because I was trying to make sense of it when the examiner gave us the '5 minutes left' reminder!! But no I honestly mind blanked for that which i'm seriously gutted about. It was a really strange question though and I think a lot of people will have lost marks on it:colondollar:
oh goodness I completely panicked on that question because I was trying to make sense of it when the examiner gave us the '5 minutes left' reminder!! But no I honestly mind blanked for that which i'm seriously gutted about. It was a really strange question though and I think a lot of people will have lost marks on it:colondollar:

ohh same, i had no idea what it was even really asking! D: oh well, i'm sure i got no marks for that... xD also, the minus percentages and stuff- did that mean that those biofuels (minus the corn ethanol one) were better for the environment (less co2 emissions?)
Reply 37
ohh same, i had no idea what it was even really asking! D: oh well, i'm sure i got no marks for that... xD also, the minus percentages and stuff- did that mean that those biofuels (minus the corn ethanol one) were better for the environment (less co2 emissions?)

you're asking the wrong person, that question is just a blur! i'm not good with percentage-y numbery things anyway so it was disastrous hahaha
you're asking the wrong person, that question is just a blur! i'm not good with percentage-y numbery things anyway so it was disastrous hahaha

hahaha, you make me laugh xD don't worry, i can't really remember the questions, let alone what my answers were! have you started studying for the next one on friday? becaaause i so haven't. xD MUST START TOMORROW so i don't fail that one too
Reply 39
hahaha, you make me laugh xD don't worry, i can't really remember the questions, let alone what my answers were! have you started studying for the next one on friday? becaaause i so haven't. xD MUST START TOMORROW so i don't fail that one too

I have made all my notes and done some questions, just need to learn learn learn! Such a wreck for psych tomorrow too :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending